Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood sacked

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
he was rogered by benteke and delph when they left.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not a surprise given Villa's dismal form, the Swans v Villa match was widely trailed in the media as being the nail in the coffin for the losing manager.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I would expect Brendan Rodgers to take some time out as more jobs will be vacant in January. As regards Gus Charlton woukd be goid job for him but it looks like they are going to appoint Karele Fraeye betting 1-4 or Malky McKay who was apparently at their game yesterday
Will they though? Even if they are, are they likely to be better than the Villa job?

Newcastle for example, hardly a choice of two heavyweights!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will they though? Even if they are, are they likely to be better than the Villa job?

Newcastle for example, hardly a choice of two heavyweights!

My point is he will have been well paid to leave Liverpool so wont be short of money and can wait until a job that is not with an owner who wants to sell comes up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would expect Brendan Rodgers to take some time out as more jobs will be vacant in January. As regards Gus Charlton woukd be goid job for him but it looks like they are going to appoint Karele Fraeye betting 1-4 or Malky McKay who was apparently at their game yesterday

Malky Mackay does that. He waits for a manager who looks to be getting sacked or has just been sacked and then he turns up at their match. Its a ploy to get his name into the frame for a potential job. He is a racist sexist homophobic anti semitic knob who should never work in the public eye ever gain

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Malky Mackay does that. He waits for a manager who looks to be getting sacked or has just been sacked and then he turns up at their match. Its a ploy to get his name into the frame for a potential job. He is a racist sexist homophobic anti semitic knob who should never work in the public eye ever gain

Which is why I was very surprised that we entertained him in the boardroom last season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've always had a soft spot for Charlton which will evaporate if Malky gets the job.

They've always struck me as a decent community/family club. So I'll be quite surprised if Malky gets the job.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sherwood was an awful appointment. Full marks to him for getting the gig in the first place, £2 mill compensation not bad for 8 months' work. I expect his level will be a lower Championship / upper League 1 club.

I see Gus's odds have shortened today but Remi Garde still odds-on favourite.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
I recall lot's of peeps asking why nobody was appointing Sherwood. Maybe these football chairmen chaps etc are not all daft.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I recall lot's of peeps asking why nobody was appointing Sherwood. Maybe these football chairmen chaps etc are not all daft.

Two clearly are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here