Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shelvey & Dummett's red cards overturned

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Have they made a petition yet?

For a team that will walk the league and continually chants 'the championship is ****ing shit' they seem awfully concerned about getting nothing out of this game.

Surely should be shrugging it off and onto the next 6-0 drubbing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure if it has been mentioned on the thread, as I haven't read it all, but Calderon had a red card rescinded so it has benefited us In the past

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Conspiracy theory mk1

Earlier today I saw the EFL officials list for this weekends games. Our game against Leeds was TBA whereas the Saturday games were all allocated.
I went to search again, as I was going to load the tweet here when I noticed we had now got the officials.
Stephen Martin is the 4th official and the ref is Paul Tierney.
I wonder if Martin was going to be our ref but because of all the controversy, he's been relegated to 4th official.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
makes me feel sick. the fa disgust me. both these were worse than stephens in my opinion. in my mind stephens wasn't even a tackle. he was quicker to a loose ball. he had already won that loose ball when Ramirez stuck hi leg in front of him. so if anything Ramirez fouled stephens.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If it's not bad enough that they have the advantage of a Premier League standard squad and parachute money, now they appear to have the FA giving them an extra advantage over the rest of the Football League clubs with decisions like this

Time and time again the FA fail to overturn a ban / red card because it would be deemed to be undermining the ref's decision at the time but when it's Newcastle...sure, they will cancel them

It would be interesting to find out how many appeals by all the clubs have been successful and which club(s) get more overturned

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can see scope for reducing Dummet's to a yellow, on the tenuous defence of 'accidental contact'. I can't understand the logic of Shelvey's reprieve at all. The initial tangle may have been accidental, and in the subsequent tussle both were culpable, but regardless of any of that, he blatantly kicks out at Lansbury. Nonsense decision, and incredible that he now escapes the three match ban that was due.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I can see scope for reducing Dummet's to a yellow, on the tenuous defence of 'accidental contact'. I can't understand the logic of Shelvey's reprieve at all. The initial tangle may have been accidental, and in the subsequent tussle both were culpable, but regardless of any of that, he blatantly kicks out at Lansbury. Nonsense decision, and incredible that he now escapes the three match ban that was due.

This, 100% agree. yet again inconsistency from the FA on down to the refs, no wonder it p!sses us fans off.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I believe he would have got it rescinded because being the last man/denying a goal scoring opportunity is no longer a red card inside the box unless it is serious foul play (or hand ball on line) which it 100 percent wasn't.

Brought in this season, which is actually a very good rule change for once.

I could have just made that up completely.... but that would explain it

I knew there was some sort of new rule but I think it was that exact incident where the comms said 'he made no attempt to play the ball & denied a clear goal scoring opportunity so it is still a red card.' Confusing!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
makes me feel sick. the fa disgust me. both these were worse than stephens in my opinion. in my mind stephens wasn't even a tackle. he was quicker to a loose ball. he had already won that loose ball when Ramirez stuck hi leg in front of him. so if anything Ramirez fouled stephens.
Agree....Stephens won the ball and was never a yellow nevermind a red grrrr.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Again, not wanting to go over old ground but I respectfully disagree. How else are you meant to 'play' a ball 4 feet in the air in the game of football without 'raising a boot' which obviously had studs on. Wait for it to come down? Not the game of football if you did.

We all know why it wasn't rescinded really - admitting an error that big, in a game that big, would have left them red faced.

If you can't take it at that hight side footed then let it go. Taking the ball with your studs is a risk as Dale proved.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you can't take it at that hight side footed then let it go. Taking the ball with your studs is a risk as Dale proved.

Ramirez tried exactly the same thing except he was more clumsy and didn't get to the ball first...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Agree. But if I was Bloom the moment it was recinsed I would have said see you court for loss of earnings referee, FL, FA and thrown all my money behind it as well. How dare they ****ing parachute a prem league ref in for that one game. Outrageous.

Plus in the run in Dale was our best player. Would we have lost v Weds? Hard to say but we would have finished game 1 with 11 men.

Crooked ****ing ***** basically.

Age is against me but was Dale not sent off v Boro due to the Ramirez **** in which case , if my memory serves me , we may not even have had to play the Massive at all as we would more than possibly have won that game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why does it surprise anyone. However, if, this ref can make such serious errors then maybe he should not ref again.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't help but think that Shelvey has got away with one there. It was the linesman who made the decision not the referee, but it does look like he deliberately kicked Lansbury in the nuts.

[yt]oFzFvELcEuc[/yt]

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Can't help but think that Shelvey has got away with one there. It was the linesman who made the decision not the referee, but it does look like he deliberately kicked Lansbury in the nuts.

[yt]oFzFvELcEuc[/yt]

No, he has to rapidly move his leg there in a stamping motion to be able to get up. :rolleyes:

Astonishing if you don't think there is very real intent there, how that is rescinded is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here