Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shelvey banned for five games

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funnily enough, I've just been reading the BBC report and found this paragraph.

FA guidelines, which were revised in 2013, state any player found guilty of racially abusing an opponent or discriminating on religion, sexuality or disability, should be banned for at least five games.

Assuming he was guilty, as he probably was (witness who bothered to report it as you mentioned) then 5 games for being racist is an insultingly low punishment. Throw into that he's Newcastle's best player and recently got a red overturned where replays clearly show him kicking out, you start to wonder with the FA...

Mike Dean makes an appalling decision costing us promotion based on an injury and a player physically hitting his hand, and that fails to get overturned, and then Kaz gets 6 games for telling the ref he'd do him... Mmmm something not adding up here... Or am I being a conspiracy theorist...?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That stuff going round that he also called the bloke a 'cous cous nonce' - that's a joke, right? I mean no one would say that?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Am I right in thinking that if Newcastle draw their cup game then any replay would be the last of these 5?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Assuming he was guilty, as he probably was (witness who bothered to report it as you mentioned) then 5 games for being racist is an insultingly low punishment. Throw into that he's Newcastle's best player and recently got a red overturned where replays clearly show him kicking out, you start to wonder with the FA...

Mike Dean makes an appalling decision costing us promotion based on an injury and a player physically hitting his hand, and that fails to get overturned, and then Kaz gets 6 games for telling the ref he'd do him... Mmmm something not adding up here... Or am I being a conspiracy theorist...?

All good points Sheebo, some of the decisions coming out of the FA have been extremely odd.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Bearing in mind how influential he's been, I just wonder what impact this incident will have on how he is viewed within the squad, especially by the non-white players. That could be more significant than the five games he misses. As much as players talk about being professionals and getting on with the game you'd have to be amazingly thick-skinned to not let that affect how you view the man in what is a team game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here