Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shelvey banned for five games

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So Shelvey gets five games for this while LuaLua gets six games for whatever happened at Wimbledon (admittedly with only four being first team). I am sure that makes sense to the FA.

2 separate offences, it makes sense to me.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So, what if it is one persons word against another, for example his team mates defend him and say he did not say it, the opposing team says he did. How is it decided that he is punished?

They decide on what they have in front of them, as you or anyone else would. If they think that on probability, he did it, he gets the ban.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Wish we were playing Villa away next month rather than having to go there on the last game of the season. Really hope we don't need anything from that game!

We'll be well up before that point mate what people seem to forget is that the closing pack need to take advantage of us losing if n when that happens and seeing as we need to lose another 4 with them winning at the same time I'd suggest that is a scenario which is highly unlikely

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The African cup takes quite a few players away. I am surprised Bong or Lua Lua do notget calls.

KLL has turned down call ups before I believe. There was an interview with Bong recently and he said he fell out with his countries FA.

I think African football is a bit of a shambles to be honest, so probably best we don't lose our players there

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We'll be well up before that point mate what people seem to forget is that the closing pack need to take advantage of us losing if n when that happens and seeing as we need to lose another 4 with them winning at the same time I'd suggest that is a scenario which is highly unlikely

Hopefully you're right. I wasn't thinking so much about Villa any more, they have a long way to catch up (and I think it's us needing to lose 5 now before the last match isn't it as we're 17 points clear), but we're not so far clear that other teams couldn't make the last game interesting and Villa would be a tough game even if they are not the ones who could catch us.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My point is thought that one is due to a racist comment and the other is dissent to a referee. Seems very odd to me but I do realise they are separate offences.

Sorry, I meant that Kaz committed two separate offences. One he recieved a red card for gestures made to the crowd, gets an automatic suspension for that competition. He gives the ref some verbals at the time and later he confronts the linesman in the tunnel and it gets out of order, disciplinary panel give him a separarate suspension, of 4 games to include all competitions.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sorry, I meant that Kaz committed two separate offences. One he recieved a red card for gestures made to the crowd, gets an automatic suspension for that competition. He gives the ref some verbals at the time and later he confronts the linesman in the tunnel and it gets out of order, disciplinary panel give him a separarate suspension, of 4 games to include all competitions.

Fair point. I just find it odd that he gets a similar sentence for whatever he said to the referee (ignoring the punishment for the original red card) as Shelvey does when found guilty of using racially abusive language. Although I don't know what Kaz said to the referee, it does seem strange.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
don't be fooled, even without him and the others off to Africa, they will be very strong and will strengthen in Jan.

Ignore them and concentrate on what we do well.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Hopefully you're right. I wasn't thinking so much about Villa any more, they have a long way to catch up (and I think it's us needing to lose 5 now before the last match isn't it as we're 17 points clear), but we're not so far clear that other teams couldn't make the last game interesting and Villa would be a tough game even if they are not the ones who could catch us.
There's no way we will lose enough games to benefit the rest it'll take an extraordinary set of circumstances to alter our inevitable promotion

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Fair point. I just find it odd that he gets a similar sentence for whatever he said to the referee (ignoring the punishment for the original red card) as Shelvey does when found guilty of using racially abusive language. Although I don't know what Kaz said to the referee, it does seem strange.

I think it would have been less, or not have happened at all if he had just given the ref some verbals at the time of sending off, catching up with him after the game is probably the kicker here.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sorry, I meant that Kaz committed two separate offences. One he recieved a red card for gestures made to the crowd, gets an automatic suspension for that competition. He gives the ref some verbals at the time and later he confronts the linesman in the tunnel and it gets out of order, disciplinary panel give him a separate suspension, of 4 games to include all competitions.

Not racism though is it? Makes the "Kick it Out" campaign a bit of a joke if the FA hands out such a ridiculously lenient punishment. Wonder how his team-mates feel having to play with a racist.

6 matches for a gesture to the crowd and verbals to the ref. 5 matches for making racist comments to fellow player. You couldn't make it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here