Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is it 15 games at Hillsbrough without a win?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We need goals to win the match. Personally I feel the time has come to rest Baldock..2 goals in ,I think, 12 Championship appearances is not good enough for a striker in a promotion-gaining team.

I would give Elvis a start ,to boost his confidence and see what he can do . He cannot do worse

Have we tried Hemed and Zamora up front from 66 minutes? (makes more sense when Lualua is playing though?)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Have we tried Hemed and Zamora up front from 66 minutes? (makes more sense when Lualua is playing though?)

Hemed was ****ed after 65 mins on Saturday, I doubt neither Hemed or Zamora will complete the 90 tonight.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has his goal against Bristol City been changed to an own-goal, or is this more grist to my mill re you and Baldock? If the former, it's more grist to your mill, re me and Baldock.

I don't know if it's official, but both I and one of my friends immediately turned to each other and said 'own goal'. I honestly don't think Baldock got enough on it to turn it goalwards, and as the Bristol player's touch diverted it into the goal, it should be an OG.

I was curious about this the other day and tried to see if there had been anything official. As far as I can see the 'dubious goals panel' only covers the premier league. I haven't yet found anything regarding league goals being reviewed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't know if it's official, but both I and one of my friends immediately turned to each other and said 'own goal'. I honestly don't think Baldock got enough on it to turn it goalwards, and as the Bristol player's touch diverted it into the goal, it should be an OG.

I was curious about this the other day and tried to see if there had been anything official. As far as I can see the 'dubious goals panel' only covers the premier league. I haven't yet found anything regarding league goals being reviewed.

I didn't realise this, although I note that you're not claiming certainty on this. I'm sure others on here will remember if any Championship 'dubious goals' have been put right.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Wednesday to score in under 10 minutes.
We'll score a penalty in the last 10 whilst hanging on for dear life.

I'd much prefer a 3-0 win for us but just don't see it with out current strikers.

Realistic.

I think we're all allowed to use the 'this is the best gauge of our progress' cliché at least once every season. So I'm going to play my (cliché) joker.

I'm with everyone here; I would be ecstatic to beat this lot. BUT, Wednesday are probably the most in-form team we've played this season. From the reports I've heard, they are credible promotion candidates and if anything, have been very unlucky on more than one occasion.

The usual Wednesday aggro is still there but they've got more pace and guile in the team now. While no-one wishes to give up our top slot, a draw for Albion would be a very good result indeed.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We've GOT to win there some time. With Wednesday thinking they're invincible (when it's actually us who are unbeaten) this would be the perfect moment.......

Stumpy Tim

I'm with everyone here; I would be ecstatic to beat this lot. BUT, Wednesday are probably the most in-form team we've played this season.

I would argue both Ipswich and Hull were bang on form when we played them, and Ipswich haven't recovered from their defeat to us. It'll be a tight game and could go either way in my opinion. We're going to miss Bong though, as it means we can't play Rosenior on the right & CH won't want to play out-and-out wingers in this game. It'll be 4-3-3 again I reckon

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Hillsborough and football, especially our version, are just not compatible. It will be a chilly Tuesday evening oop north, so we need to sort out our "you need seven(for the tunnel)" first. Then when we do dribble/run past their players, keep going and take the foul if necessary, do not stop and track back. If Solly gets on later he should play left side as being the only left-footer available.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would argue both Ipswich and Hull were bang on form when we played them, and Ipswich haven't recovered from their defeat to us. It'll be a tight game and could go either way in my opinion. We're going to miss Bong though, as it means we can't play Rosenior on the right & CH won't want to play out-and-out wingers in this game. It'll be 4-3-3 again I reckon

They certainly reckon themselves! I am a bit worried by Helan (quick) if he plays on the left side of midfield for them? How many bookings is Bruno on?

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958844/Preview

At Reading I would have be pleased with a draw if we were 0-1 up (as it happened). This game if we take the lead, I'll not be happy unless we keep it. Go 1-0 down and I will pleased with a draw.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Exactly that - I'm glad SB got credited with it - more power to him. It was an own goal though, 100%.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No fog forecast: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638077

I still think we will play in flourescent though.

I went to the old Wembley once to watch England 5-0 v Malta and missed all the goals cause I could not see the other end. Thats thick fog.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did the team manage to fly up last night in the end, or did they slog it by coach?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
No sign of FOG here in Rotherham just across the M1 from Hillsborough

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I watched Wednesday (stream) on Saturday and they were slightly better than a terrible Forest team.
They certainly looked nothing like as good as many seem to believe.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If we manage to get a result tonight then I have no effing idea how we're doing this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here