Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Have those moaning about us getting two draws from two tough away games which many expected us to lose (after which we've only been knocked off the top OF the LEAGUE on goal difference) forgotten that WE NEARLY GOT RELEGATED LAST SEASON AND WE'RE STILL UNBEATEN? Oh sorry my caps lock was on so I COULDN'T emphasise properly the disdain I HAVE for such "fans".

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yet some still aren't happy. I would not be surprised by some really interesting activity in the Jan window for us.
The stat is great. The last 3 most recent components of it however suggest we can't score, again, a familiar habit from Albions past 3 seasons. That's all people like me are saying. Less about 'happy' more about 'concern' that despite results so far we haven't cracked an age-old problem that we need to not just to become a serious promotion contender. But from an entertainment aspect too. We've rightly proud of our undefeated record. However I'd take a WLW rather than maintain it and DDD over the next threegames for example.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There's no T in disdain. Or team. Oh no that's I. Shit, there is an I in disdain and Distin. And a T.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just got in, so it was a well earned draw. I thought according to Wednesday fans they were going to smash us off the pitch.

Well done CH and the lads a draw is the best we ever get playing there anyway. 15 games in unbeaten same number of points as the top two. I would of said they have a screw loose if someone had said that at the beginning season.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have those moaning about us getting two draws from two tough away games which many expected us to lose (after which we've only been knocked off the top OF the LEAGUE on goal difference) forgotten that WE NEARLY GOT RELEGATED LAST SEASON AND WE'RE STILL UNBEATEN? Oh sorry my caps lock was on so I COULDN'T emphasise properly the disdain I HAVE for such "fans".

Perhaps it's not as black and white? Our fantastic start will become less fantastic as teams scoring goals and winning matches with the odd defeat overtake the Albions unbeaten draw machine. You do understand this in the context of a projecting forward a few games if we continue to draw? It's not to say tonight wasn't a good result. Clearly it was. But such results only become great results if we beat others, usually at home. And for that we need to score goals obviously. I think most fans are agreed now we haven't cracked that nut yet, which will be a shame given expectations have soared and not just amongst Albion fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Perhaps it's not as black and white? Our fantastic start will become less fantastic as teams scoring goals and winning matches with the odd defeat overtake the Albions unbeaten draw machine. You do understand this in the context of a projecting forward a few games if we continue to draw? It's not to say tonight wasn't a good result. Clearly it was. But such results only become great results if we beat others, usually at home. And for that we need to score goals obviously. I think most fans are agreed now we haven't cracked that nut yet, which will be a shame given expectations have soared and not just amongst Albion fans.

5 of our 7 draws have been away games. We are winning our home games.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This post from another thread is the point I'm trying to make, possibly badly or possibly because some don't believe there's an all to familiar issue. Anyway:

"It can't be denied that after two late Bobby Zamora winners and three draws on the trot, two of which had less shots than corner flags, our trajectory is now downwards, not dramatic, but we have stalled, whilst those around us have continued with an upward movement.We do have a problem up front which needs addressing if we are to make any impact in this division this year."

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We all know that we need to sign another striker in January. The rest is all glass half full shit. We haven't lost a game. In the Championship, where anyone (apart from Bolton) can beat anyone. It's ridiculous that anyone is moaning.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockdale did have to make a save.

PS; If we lost 4-0 to Reading and won 1-0 at Wednesday we would be top of the table still.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Miserable *******s.
We are Unbeaten
In The Championship
One of the teams everyone else is worried about.
Run by an Albion fan
In the best stadium in the division.

Some people on here just cannot have seen the mediocre times, let alone the bad times, never mind the near f'kin disastrous catastrophic times.

Personal highlights from Hillsborough
Seeing history made
The Farmers Blonde I had in the pub ( :drink: )
Touring the roadworks of Sheffield with @TheMerryPrankster

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
X Factor

We know what is missing and that is the eXcitement factor.

Quite often when 4-4-2 meets 4-4-2 (even if it is 4-4-1-1) it ends in stalemate.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After more consideration a draw was a great result.

We need to beat MKDons by hook or by crook. Win beautiful, or win ugly, it doesn't matter.

Stand Or Fall. Win.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I had a note to remind myself to see a Tuesday Weld film on Wednesday. The note said see Wednesday on Tuesday. Did I make a mistake? I went to the cinema and there was no Tuesday Weld film tonight. What could have gone wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here