Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday players considering walking out.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can you at least have sympathy for me having to work with some of their fans, who've spent a large chunk of the last couple of years complaining about how unfair financial fair play rules are?

Funny how it's always fans of clubs who spend lots of money without success, who complain the most about these things.

I have sympathy for you and will merely mention in passing that the "Bellcheeses at work" thread remains ever open

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I have sympathy for you and will merely mention in passing that the "Bellcheeses at work" thread remains ever open

:lolol:

Just complaining about other team's fans seems a bit route one for that thread. Suffice to say that even in completely non-football contexts Wednesday fans all seem to be a bit mad.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I can't take any joy out of this as it seems the Wednesday fans are starting to resign themselves to the death of the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have they got anyone we might be able to afford?

Oh, that's a shame.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Getting away from the fact it is Sheffield Wednesday how have the FA let this happen again? The fit and proper person test has yet again seemingly failed miserably.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not great news, but maybe its time for the club to reset itself and accept that they need to continue on a much lower budget and play the youngsters just as Bolton needed to do.
Yes it may see another relegation next season into League 2 but it would give the club a greater chance of eventually climbing back up. Far better than seeing the club fold.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Just complaining about other team's fans seems a bit route one for that thread. Suffice to say that even in completely non-football contexts Wednesday fans all seem to be a bit mad.

One of my former PhD students is a solid Owl, and a very decent lad.

Mind you, he has emigrated to America and married an American :facepalm: :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Those players should PAY for the privilege to play for one of the biggest clubs in England.

Young people nowadays. Honestly.

You say that.......

owls.JPG

W***ers. :wanker: **** 'em.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
One of my former PhD students is a solid Owl, and a very decent lad.

Mind you, he has emigrated to America and married an American :facepalm: :lolol:

Don't get me wrong, I'd say both the Wednesday and United fans I work with are all basically sound.

But, the United fans all sit in the range I'd describe as "stereotypical salt of the earth football fans".

The Wednesday fans border on Toblerones in the eyes crazy. Just as intelligent, likeable and knowledgeable as the next man, but completely bonkers.

I hope the club manages to survive, because Sheffield is two things: a city with two football clubs, and a city with an obsession with knives and forks. With the Liberty Mill looking like it's closing down (and I used to live with a girl who worked there) it'd be a genuine shame to lose one of the clubs as well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Just makes me feel very grateful to have Sir Bloom and company at our heads. That could have been us. Also, we've
been very lucky to be in the PL at this time in our history.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Not surprised. Chansiri gained a masters from the Risdale Business School.

On at least one occasion, going to SWFC season ticket holders (all 90,000 of them) asking for several seasons money in advance, the consideration for doing so was doubtful.
https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/owls-launch-club-1867-membership/

Wow, so they were asked to fork up as much as £2100 for a plaque on their seat plus three season tickets that wouldn't become available until they reach the Premier League. So basically £2100 for a plaque then. The nerve of some people!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
At the end of the day, do I really care if Wednesday go under? Not really. There will be another club in the National league that will get the chance to replace them in the pyramid.

There will of course be this faux outrage on behalf of their fans by the pundits saying it's not their fault but lets be honest, it's the demands of the fans that drives owners into dumb decisions. If a club operates above it's means then the fans are benefiting from seeing players they have no right to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here