Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday forum

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Could do with them starting to beat some of the top 6. They aren't going to catch us now so would be handy for them to take points off team that can. I'm more worried about Orient than Sheffield Wens!!

3 points from 27 available since going 2nd with a 6-2 win over Bristol Rovers. What the devil has happened? Beating the top 6 would seem unlikely.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No wish to bounce this thread, but after all the stick these people were dishing out to Brighton in January (!!) this did make me smile:

"If someone offered me a season of transition now and retaining our status in this league I'd take it. As I think its the best were going to get, tonight showed that we were pretty much able to hold together (without creating) but one mishap caused us to implode."

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
3 points from 27 available since going 2nd with a 6-2 win over Bristol Rovers. What the devil has happened? Beating the top 6 would seem unlikely.

Well they did take a point of off Charlton about 4 weeks ago, which is now looking like a very handy result for us.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Indeed. It's all a bit odd up there. They do have a decent squad though so i'm hoping that Megson can turn it round for our sake!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
irvine tried to stop them shagging their sisters , this was not met very well by the players,unfortunately morale is at an all time low at hillbillysborough.........never mind eh..??

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
does make me smile too as they are a "BIG CLUB" and we are not supposedly although WE do play the better football I the only thing I wish is their implosion had been before we played them at hillsborough

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
does make me smile too as they are a "BIG CLUB" and we are not supposedly although WE do play the better football I the only thing I wish is their implosion had been before we played them at hillsborough

In league 1 its not how big you are, its how good you are.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's hope they sort themselves out soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 22 February 2011
Npower League One
Bournemouth v Sheff Wed, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 8 March 2011
Npower League One
Oldham v Sheff Wed, 19:45

Tuesday, 15 March 2011
Npower League One
Sheff Wed v Peterborough, 19:45

Saturday, 19 March 2011
Npower League One
Southampton v Sheff Wed, 17:20

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Just to clarify, those aren't Wednesday's next 4 fixtures. I think Hans Kraay (the other one) was rather making the point that we could do with them taking points off the teams around us, once & if their form starts to improve. Although looking at the dates, they are rapidly approaching, and could well see them flirting with the relegation zone in the coming weeks! So actually, ignore what I've just said. :eek:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ouch - that could push them towards relegation.
Great isn't it? Either they sort themselves out and take points off some of our challengers, or they don't and find themselves on the edge of division 4.

I don't like Sheffield Wednesday so this is all very pleasing.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
In league 1 its not how big you are, its how good you are.

this is obviously true, but from what we've seen in recent years these "BIG" clubs do struggle to get out:

Leeds - took their time getting
Scumhampton - taking their time, even without the points deduction last season they still would've made only the play-offs or just fallen short (cant remember exactly) and they are hardly Flying at the top this season
Sheff Weds - Doing a Leeds it seems only making it harder!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just to clarify, those aren't Wednesday's next 4 fixtures. I think Hans Kraay (the other one) was rather making the point that we could do with them taking points off the teams around us, once & if their form starts to improve. Although looking at the dates, they are rapidly approaching, and could well see them flirting with the relegation zone in the coming weeks! So actually, ignore what I've just said. :eek:

They've also got an away game against Carlisle among that lot - that's not going to be easy either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What makes me laugh is the arrogance some of them have in so far that they genuinely believe they have best squad on paper. Surely I can't be the only one to look at signings like Clinton Morrison and think final pay day rather than far too good for this division. And looking at Neil Mellor and thinking overrated porker as opposed to match winner at this level. And now Gary Madine - who from what I've seen of him looks no more than a slightly above average division one striker, but not much else, and absolutely not worth the £500k they spunked on him. And Giles Coke, Morrison etc.... MEH.

At the start of the season there weren't many of their players I'd take over ours. And now there isn't one player who would get into our starting XI, and most wouldn't even get into our squad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reading Owlstalk after last night's result is an absolute delight - page after page of "we're fookin' shite" - hilarious!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not according to them: we are dirty, physical, diving, time wasting cheats. This despite the fact that our card count is way less than theirs. They like their grapes sour in't yarkshire.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sorry to go against the grain and all that - but it is a fair enough conclusion after the Hillsborough away match that they were better than us. They won for a start, and looked a bit too strong and a bit too experienced for us. There was a disgraceful challenge on Painter, but there was also El Abd's theatricals. And if you think that Wednesday are not a big club - then you have not been to Sheffield or Hillsborough.

The Wednesday fans I have met have been level headed - not expecting anything other than from their efforts on the pitch. And it has been a long time out of the top division for them.

Great club, great fans. Let's face it - you would not want people to make their judgements on the Albion from a lot of threads and posters on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here