Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday forum

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Wednesday still have this "Big Club" syndrome,they go on about their past and how many they can seat...their stadium shipped more water than the Titanic and had to call off 3 games,they cannot fill 5o% of their stadium,they are 9 points off the play offs and 5 from relegation.....woeful!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Having read through all of that Owlstalk tripe (Northern term) I am shattered. There is never going to be a winner when two polarised sets of fans start debating the merits of their respective lots, but Lord Almighty. I feel sorry for some of them as I'm sure there are plenty of decent fans amongst them but some of them need taking around the back & put out of their misery (hmmmm, probably not the best turn of phrase!)

I thought they'd be happy that we sent Agent Micky to Sheffield Utd so they could renew their rivalry next season.

Sheffield Wednesday are currently on target to finish the season with 64 points.

If we play the rest of our games as badly as 24th placed Walsall have played so far this season (ie 0.77 points per game) ... we'll still finish above them - on 65 points.
This needs an update.

With 36 points from 28 games (1.29 points per game), Sheffield Wednesday are currently on target to finish the season with 59 points (14th or 15th in the table).

If we play the rest of our games as badly as 24th placed Bristol Rovers have played so far this season (ie 0.90 points per game) ... we'll finish miles above them (probably in a play-off position) - on 72 points.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hardly stalking. It's one thread about a team we all expected to be challenging at the top at the start of the season and who still expect to walk the league despite being closer to the bottom than the top. It's interesting.

PS TMLS - are you on the blob? You seem a tad grumpy today.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sheffield Wednesday are not the only fans to perpetuate that we are a dirty team.

There seems to be a common consensus amongst Bournemouth and Southampton fans that Calderon is dirty and we are a cheating, diving, imaginary card waving team, as well as being exceedingly boring.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Sheffield Wednesday are not the only fans to perpetuate that we are a dirty team.

There seems to be a common consensus amongst Bournemouth and Southampton fans that Calderon is dirty and we are a cheating, diving, imaginary card waving team, as well as being exceedingly boring.

its our foreign influence

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Has anyone posted this on Owlstalk? Childish, I know. But would be funny.

I would think somebody would have, but owlstalk seems to have gone down as quickly as their team.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Could do with them starting to beat some of the top 6. They aren't going to catch us now so would be handy for them to take points off team that can. I'm more worried about Orient than Sheffield Wens!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here