Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday forum

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
How many more accounts will this davesview, eagle31, eugene, 2010 character start....?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Despite losing 1-0 at Hillsborough the team showed they were equal to Wednesday and only the ref bottling out of giving us a penalty in stoppage time flattered the final scoreline.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only certainty about Wednesday is that Mandaric will splash some money in the January sales to buy players and possibly out Irvine for a name. Darren Ferguson, Chris Hughton?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
MANDARIC IS GOD!!!!
Your just a town full of bummers

Mandaric hasn't done anything to deserve a Godly status, surely? He didn't do a particularly good job at Portsmouth for the team in the long run. He did well himself, buying them for £1 originally.

A recent survey would suggest that there are more homosexuals in London per capita and you're is the word you are looking for.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This coming from consistency itself, consistently inconsistent. Now I wish a pox upon them.
We've lost three of our 20 games so far this season - massively inconsistent!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I know its silly to say we'll be top two at the end of the season when we haven't won in five matches, but after last night ......... God what a team performance. Flair and grit blended so well. I can really see us having one heck of a chance.

I think that's right. The manner of last night's performance and the evident quality of our play seems to indicate that our loss of form/luck may be coming to an end and we will soon return to winning ways

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I think you nned to cut the Wednesday fans some slack really guys, they can't help it. When you realise the massive drug problem they have in Yorkshire the addled brains become a little more understandable.

The main problem is Ecstacy, they have a unique way of taking the drug that involves crushing the pill to powder and injecting it inside the mouth, they call it .....

E by gum

Sorry, now where did i leave my coat?

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
A mate of mine is a avid owls fan and says the same thing and he has a wild notion that Gus will be their manager by the end of the season I Won't Bite as i tell him we will be a bigger club than them

Just been on the Wednesday forum - interesting how so many of them think "we won't last the pace":

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=142254&st=0

*(and also how many of them still think they will storm the league! Someone should remind them they've already been beaten in 8 games so far this season - and lost their last match 5-1 to Exeter!).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I work with a Wednesday fan, who is actually a decent bloke but is of the rather arrogant opinion that they will inevitably finish above us. He also seems to think that Mandaric will provide the finances for a load of new star players in Jan. I'm not so sure, Mandaric is obviously not a Wednesday fan and this is purely a financial investment for him, so I can't see him just throwing money at the club to acheive instant results.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Mandaric hasn't done anything to deserve a Godly status, surely? He didn't do a particularly good job at Portsmouth for the team in the long run. He did well himself, buying them for £1 originally.

A recent survey would suggest that there are more homosexuals in London per capita and you're is the word you are looking for.

Mandaric is a businessman, pure & simple. He hasn't bought Shef Weds for no other reason than to make money - they have the stadium & fanbase all they need is a team. I expect him to spend in January to try & get out of L1 and their display at Exeter probably tells you some of the players think they're on the way out as well. I predict he'll spend quickly and his plan is to get out of L1 this year and then into the premiership soon after, take the SKY money & run...

I fully expect them to be a serious threat to us this season, although my theory above seems to be far too complex for the average wednesday fan!

JonTheOwl

Dec 30, 2010
Good evening folks, Owls fan in peace.

I've read through all of your posts, and personally believe they are quite harsh. I'm not denying that we as a group of fans can be arrogant, cocky whatever you'd like to call it. But we, and yes we do know OUR team better than you lot do, as a squad, manager, club feel that with the current resources available should be challenging for automatic promotion. Anything below that is a failure, that is our target this year. It doesn't mean we're arrogant, it means that we have the players available, which your own manager quote: 'Possibly the best League 1 squad ever', surely this should mean we should be up and there abouts? No?

I believe the 1-0 result against you lot was relatively unfair, a draw would have reflected the game, but since then we have improved, and so far have yet to reach top gear. I cannot possibly comment on how Brighton are doing, simply because I've seen them play once this season. But, unfortunately, and I don't mean this offensively, you are not as 'big' a club as us. Yes, on the pitch you are currently sitting above us, with if I recall correctly, a game in hand. Your performances thus far denote your league position. YOU DESERVE TO BE TOP CURRENTLY. None of the Wednesdayites are saying you don't deserve to be there, the table does not lie.

But many of us believe that you do not have the required resources to maintain this position, by all means you could prove me wrong. But we THINK, not know, that you may slip up. Your squad doesn't have the same depth, or perhaps some would say 'quality'. I'm not denying that you have a good manager, that I believe will go onto Premier League management. A thread on Owlstalk mentioned the fact we'd snap your hand off for Poyet. I'm unsure on the financial situation at Brighton currently, but as far as I'm aware, you haven't got the necessary funds available to get the squad that will allow you to maintain this current league position.

You may call us arrogant, you may call us 'DIRTY INBRED f***ing NORTHERN BASTARDS' but at the end of the day, we both support two completely different teams, one that is a potential sleeping giant, one that is simply overachieving currently.

Regards

EDIT: Yes, we do have money to spend in January. To the people saying we don't have a pot to piss in, yes we do. After Mandaric arrived.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good evening folks, Owls fan in peace.

I've read through all of your posts, and personally believe they are quite harsh. I'm not denying that we as a group of fans can be arrogant, cocky whatever you'd like to call it. But we, and yes we do know OUR team better than you lot do, as a squad, manager, club feel that with the current resources available should be challenging for automatic promotion. Anything below that is a failure, that is our target this year. It doesn't mean we're arrogant, it means that we have the players available, which your own manager quote: 'Possibly the best League 1 squad ever', surely this should mean we should be up and there abouts? No?

I believe the 1-0 result against you lot was relatively unfair, a draw would have reflected the game, but since then we have improved, and so far have yet to reach top gear. I cannot possibly comment on how Brighton are doing, simply because I've seen them play once this season. But, unfortunately, and I don't mean this offensively, you are not as 'big' a club as us. Yes, on the pitch you are currently sitting above us, with if I recall correctly, a game in hand. Your performances thus far denote your league position. YOU DESERVE TO BE TOP CURRENTLY. None of the Wednesdayites are saying you don't deserve to be there, the table does not lie.

But many of us believe that you do not have the required resources to maintain this position, by all means you could prove me wrong. But we THINK, not know, that you may slip up. Your squad doesn't have the same depth, or perhaps some would say 'quality'. I'm not denying that you have a good manager, that I believe will go onto Premier League management. A thread on Owlstalk mentioned the fact we'd snap your hand off for Poyet. I'm unsure on the financial situation at Brighton currently, but as far as I'm aware, you haven't got the necessary funds available to get the squad that will allow you to maintain this current league position.

You may call us arrogant, you may call us 'DIRTY INBRED f***ing NORTHERN BASTARDS' but at the end of the day, we both support two completely different teams, one that is a potential sleeping giant, one that is simply overachieving currently.

Regards

EDIT: Yes, we do have money to spend in January. To the people saying we don't have a pot to piss in, yes we do. After Mandaric arrived.

No you are a giant on a life support machine......we are midgets growing into six-footers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here