Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday forum

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
to be fair,it must seem like a wheel has come of to other fans.The way we were going and now no win since Exeter.We must win Saturday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You'll find these sort of comments on any of the challengers' web sites, most of them are wishful thinking rather than based on any fact or logic. We sit four points clear with a superior goal difference and the intention of strengthening our squad in January (given that the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Bournemouth aren't likely to) so such remarks need to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

If that's their idea of arrogance then so be it.

Wednesday will strengthen just got brought by Mandaric (sp?) so expect him to splash the cash to try and get them back into the championship.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
With all these other teams, if they're so strong how come they're still behind us even though we've not won a league game for nearly two months? I'll start to think they have a point only if we don't beat Orient on Saturday and they manage to make up ground on us

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I put 'should' not we will.
Yes, I know. As I say, complete nonsense.

You seriously believe that we "should" hold onto a 4 point lead with well over half the season remaining, against clubs with more money to spend than we will probably have. ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Brighton are pathetic and I can't wait to stand in their pathetic little stadium.

Charlton are smaller than us and always have been, they have a poor fan base and haven't really won anything in their premiership stay.

The only decent thing about Charlton is their traditional stadium, but it's 3/4 empty week in week out.

Hillsborough - 42.5% of capacity used

The Valley - 51.3% of capacity used

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Yes, I know. As I say, complete nonsense.

You seriously believe that we "should" hold onto a 4 point lead with well over half the season remaining, against clubs with more money to spend than we will probably have. ???

Not exactly keep the 4 point lead for the rest of the season but at the moment we are good enough to keep an automatic promotion place. We also have money to spend and hopefully we spend it wisely on decent players.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can't say I'm surprised or bothered. The same as the stains fans they think they'll win by just turning up because of the size of their ground and where they've been in the past. Some people can't get their heads around the fact that we play in the shittest stadium yet are top of the league . They can't see that we've got some decent players and arguably the best manager in the league, f*** 'em and let them think that.

Some of what they're saying is true, I don't think we'll keep our form up if we don't strengthen over the next 4 weeks. What they don't realise is that we'll deinitely make new signings, I've no doubt Bloom and Poyet will want to push our advantage home.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know its silly to say we'll be top two at the end of the season when we haven't won in five matches, but after last night ......... God what a team performance. Flair and grit blended so well. I can really see us having one heck of a chance.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As others have said, all opposing fans will have similar comments on their messageboard. Also, it is good for us if we are written off as unlikely to challenge. It makes it even better if we were to get promoted.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Just a personal opinion, but out of all the away games I've been to, this was the place i liked the least.

Agreed, rusting old hovel that's a shadow of its former self and I didn't find the locals all that friendly. I also felt distinctly queasy walking down that tunnel which is still there. Leppings Lane End should have been demolished after the disaster and rebuilt. Fans created an impressive atmosphere though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Clubs fans being biased towards their team shocker!!

Hold the front page!

I'd be more worried about what is going on down here than what any other team think about us or any of our rivals!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Having received my rather ostentatious Privilege season ticket package this morning I am sitting smug in the knowledge that this will be the last season fans of so called 'big' teams will be able to realistically belittle us and come up with comments such as, "punching above their weight", "overachieving", "little Brighton" etc etc. Such comments are as we know ill conceived and based on a lack of knowledge and understanding about what the Albion have been working on for the last 14 years. Next season, hopefully in the Championship, when we are packing them in to the Amex and pushing on, the likes of Sheff Weds & Utd will suddenly realise that they are not so mighty after all and clubs like Brighton are easily their equal. Northern cocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here