Sheffield Wednesday don't rate us.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Remember to click on an ad or two. Cheers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446460769.651351.jpg

SBarlow

Sep 7, 2015
Being devils advocate.....

How many of us looked at our squad before the season and thought that's an automatic promotion team. I certainly didn't and I'm still not convinced we will finish much higher than playoffs.

We have drawn a few too many games recently so need a win sooner rather than later.

That being said it's the most interesting and enjoyable season in a while, long may it continue.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
For personal reasons, I so badly want to beat Wednesday in their own back yard. Please do it this time Albion. Please.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just pulled into Wakefield en route to Leeds and, ultimately, Halifax.

Looking out the window, I can imagine a Barry will fit in very well up here.

Is it wrong that you've just conjured up the image of a Johnny Vegas look-and-sound alike in a McKenzie tracksuit yelling the word BARRY! in to a pub with a flat roof?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Being devils advocate.....

How many of us looked at our squad before the season and thought that's an automatic promotion team. I certainly didn't and I'm still not convinced we will finish much higher than playoffs.

We have drawn a few too many games recently so need a win sooner rather than later.

That being said it's the most interesting and enjoyable season in a while, long may it continue.

I don't think there are many people on here expecting us to finish in the top two, even now. But let's be honest, we'll all be gutted if we don't finish in the top six. I'd say this thread on the Reading forum was very fair. Most on there will admit that it was a good away team performance against a good home team that perhaps shaded the game - both could finish in the top 6, especially Brighton.

It'll be interesting to see how many Wednesday fans embarrass themselves if Tuesday's match plays out similarly. My guess is that far more of their fans will be more concerned with our away support numbers and will be utterly convinced we were shìt, especially if we nick it. :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well it seems some of them do as little research into us as 442 magazine.

Stephens was apparantly an integral part of our poor season last year.

That'll be Dale Stephens who was injured most of last year then, and only took part in 1/3rd of the season :lolol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd rate this game's difficulty almost on a par with the challenge we faced on Saturday, but the fact that CH is comfortable switching formation for this sort of game (dropping a winger and having Crofts sit deep) is encouraging, and if we do play the same way then it should help lots that we played that way 3 days before. Always rated McGugan, and from the little I've seen that Lucas Joao looks awesome.

I haven't looked at the Owlstalk thread, but we have our own share of absolute melts on here as well.

I reckon that Wednesday won't create many chances from open play but we could be susceptible from set pieces. Basically we need a big performance. A result tomorrow would REALLY set us up for a nice winter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
None of those I travelled with to Reading expected us to win.

I can't imagine many of us crammed into the few seats they are happy to spare away fans tomorrow night (due to the massive demand from the people of Sheffield to see Real Wednesday) will be thinking anything other than "I'd take a point" at 7:45pm.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are still ANGRY after the FA Cup Semi Final when the MASSIVE top flight club (Brighton) SMASHED the LITTLE lower league club (Wednesday :lolol:)

A few years back I read a thread on there where some absolute melt was telling everyone that Brighton hardly brought anyone to Highbury that day and that it was all massive Wednesday everywhere. :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A few years back I read a thread on there where some absolute melt was telling everyone that Brighton hardly brought anyone to Highbury that day and that it was all massive Wednesday everywhere. :lolol:

They probably thought all the blue and white stripes down the far end, were Wednesday scarves.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
meh, usual rubbish being spouted on footbal forum shocker !

No doubt some tool from Sheff Wed will be all over our forum telling us were shit if we lose, and one of our idiots will be doing the same over there should we get a result.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've just read through all 6 pages. :rolleyes:

Ignoring the few gay/homophobic 'jokes' and digs - which was quite sad to read from supposed Football Supporters, their posters seem to be split almost 50/50 (as with NSC).

Half the posters aren't shy of saying how they're going to stuff us, how we're so tinpot, how we all support Arsenal and Chelsea, how we had no fans before the Amex, how we won't bring any fans, how we're not (and will never be) a real football-town and how we have no rivals. Exactly the same as every other football forum in the Championship about every other team they are about to face. Yawn.

The other half are all pretty much spot on. Two teams on a great run, both teams will play to win (obviously), and Wednesday :lolol: are favourites - see below.

Last 10 games:
Brighton: 5 Wins & 5 Draws
Wednesday :lolol: : 7 Wins & 3 Draws (2 wins against 2 Premier League teams)

Based on that, Wednesday :lolol: are favourites. I'd take a point now, especially with Bong and Kaz both out along with our allergy to winning at Hillsborough.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Talking about how many we'll take up there:

"Will look like 250....but will be 500 ...as they will be sat on their partners"

:rolleyes:

Some real comic wordsmiths on there eh. Oh my aching sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports