Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Pressure off united which will enable them to play some open football which may work to our advantage

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A point wouldn't be a disaster, although an opportunity for three points. I'm sue Potter and the players will be looking to beat the 41 point mark set last season.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
That's a sorry state of affairs. Equally weird though is that the wankpuffins have not beaten a single team that sat above them in the table at kick off this season. The point being, they have taken their points from the teams they needed too whereas we have done it the hard way.

Leeds are another example of a team who’ve taken the vast majority of their points from teams below them in the table (there’s just a few more of them..)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
90 minutes of excellent football but with only a Trossard goal the difference, then disaster Edna scores a 93rd minute equaliser , it's sub time and Potter looks at Ali J and the man sprints on to the pitch with a minute to go .

The clock ticks down and Ali hasn't had s touch and is chatting to a photographer on the touchline when he's knocked to the ground , as he lays on the floor momentarily stunned he sees the whole team racing toward him in celebration and becomes the dog under the pile .

The ref blows for full time and the boys in blue win 1-2 .

Ali isn't quite sure what has happened still snd asks for a TV replay , Sanchez bowled the ball out to Dunk who hits a pinpoint pass to a onrushing Bissouma, he gets the ball perfectly under his spell and from 30 yards takes aim and unleashes a thunderbolt which looked on target for one nano second then veered off at a 45 degree angle where a unsuspecting Ali was in the killing zone , the ball smashes against the back of his head and rockets into the net from a ridiculous angle .

MOTM Ali J said afterwards , the Gaffer said just go out there and express yourself, it's something we try in training everyday and pretty much always when Bissy has the ball , praise be to Potter .

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Could this be the day we see the return of Izzy! Ideally we're 2-0 with 20 mins to go and he can come on to give their defenders a run around.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep, I’m going with KZN Seagull, a 3-1 triumph to banish our Blades and Bramhall blues. Come on you super seagulls, it’s Sat, it’s beautiful weather and it’s 3pm KO! Perfect!

Oh, of course, silly me, it’s 8pm. Sake...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Could this be the day we see the return of Izzy! Ideally we're 2-0 with 20 mins to go and he can come on to give their defenders a run around.

Izzy is now firmly in the footballing myths category. Did he ever play for us? What was he like? And can he play against West Ham please Graham? :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Win this and we can all go to the beach.

Going to miss this unfortunately, need to drink booze with friends.

Only other one I missed this season was Leicester in the cup... didnt feel too bad about missing that one when I came home to see the result. Hopefully different story this time around.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I am not confident of this at all. Sheffield U. are now confirmed as relegated, that takes a load off their shoulders and they can play more relaxed. They will want to prove something, that they are not as bad as they look. They will be hard, resolute and determined. Tough so and so’s up there......just the kind of team that the Albion struggle against .
Another nil nil would not surprise me, although of course I want to see a glorious victory.
3 points would make a super Saturday night........

(NB.. thanks for the thread Dick, you do a great job)

I think they are as bad as they look.

And you're welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here