Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Only our old stagers Murray, Duffy, and Dunk have the 'nads for this physical contest.
The rest can be complete wet-wipes.
I don't think a "big rufty tufty" team is the way to beat SU as they'll be much better at it and we just don't have the characters.
But what could I know sitting here in my front room as a bad fan.
Come on Albion, tear into them.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Well seeing as it's pre-match I'm convinced we'll lose and am ready to have a big WEE in my pants the second we concede.

Football eh.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well seeing as it's pre-match I'm convinced we'll lose and am ready to have a big WEE in my pants the second we concede.

Football eh.

Excellent, followed by a Potter out thread I hope :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else actually keeping the faith here? We haven’t even kicked off and white towels are raining in on this thread :lolol:

Brightonrock01

May 22, 2017
Augusta, Ga, USA
Well, I hope I’m wrong, but can see nothing more than a defeat with this line up! How does Bissouma not get in the squad for a couple of games and then go straight into the team? So much for the saviour that is Alex!
Webster back in so we have 4 centre backs playing! Alzate not even in the squad........baffling!
Very, very, strange selection. Let’s hope GP knows what he is doing (something I am finding very hard to believe at the mo).

If you think the line up is strange with 4 centre backs, wait until we get Clarke and White back:) ' we can play 6-3-1 :)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Potter must choose the team using a dart board.

I agree. Lets just hope but it is clear Potter after 26 games has no idea what his best team is. Sheff Utd unchanged sums it up. 4 centre backs with Burn playing wing back is so hard to understand. On the other wing a headless chicken running up and down. This is with 2 wide players on bench. Good technical players Barnardo and Trossard on bench and no Alzate. Burn who had a stinker at full back last game is pushed even further out of position. To stay up Potter needs to back 7/8 players in every game and stop making 4/5 changes every game. Potter has had 2 weeks to come up with this line up so lets hope his plan works
The subs coming on will be Ali for Shelloto March for Burn and Trossard for Murray. Unless of course we are winning when he will try and find another centre back.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Survival points aren't going to get any easier to come by from here on in. Chickens coming home to roost. Manager has NO idea what his best starting eleven is. Maybe he'll get lucky and make three changes at half time and be hailed as a tactical genius. Good luck with thatvl :thumbsup:

There is no such thing as a "best eleven" unless you have serious squad depth issues or 11 world class players that just beats everyone. The "best" eleven against Norwich is not the "best" eleven against Liverpool.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can someone send me a stream when they've found one, many thanks

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I always think that I know better than Graham Potter so I'm not too enthusiastic about the lineup but then I also think that I'm good looking, so I'm not worried.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
I agree. Lets just hope but it is clear Potter after 26 games has no idea what his best team is. Sheff Utd unchanged sums it up. 4 centre backs with Burn playing wing back is so hard to understand. On the other wing a headless chicken running up and down. This is with 2 wide players on bench. Good technical players Barnardo and Trossard on bench and no Alzate. Burn who had a stinker at full back last game is pushed even further out of position. To stay up Potter needs to back 7/8 players in every game and stop making 4/5 changes every game. Potter has had 2 weeks to come up with this line up so lets hope his plan works
The subs coming on will be Ali for Shelloto March for Burn and Trossard for Murray. Unless of course we are winning when he will try and find another centre back.

Potter after 26 games has no idea what his best team is

The idea of a 'best XI' went out 20+ years ago, didn't it? Different players based on form and the opposition. The fact almost everyone on this board probably has a different 'best XI' kind of proves it.

4 centre backs

We've done this before, haven't we? And two of them can play as full-backs so it's not that weird.

Trossard on bench and no Alzate

Trossard is generally better off the bench and Alzate is injured, isn't he?

Etc etc etc.

We're a lot better than results would suggest (unlike Newcastle and Palace who must have made a pact with the devil to still be above us).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here