Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not underestimating GP, he has not chosen this team with balls from a velvet bag.... has he?

Putting out a physical team is not that hard to understand. Championship game coming up!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I reckon that's a fair enough team selection for this particular game, the Murray Maupay combo looks interesting, just need to get those crosses over and hope we hit a few in the net, Bissuoma will play the Stephens role by the looks of it and happy to see Burn retains his place,as I'm sure Ryan is happy to see him as his favourite out ball.

Looking forward to this and the marauding Schelotto rewarding his inclusion with a cross come shot goal, come on lads get stuck in.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I'm confident that there is a cunning plan afoot. I just can't see what it is. Regardless that team is good enough to frustrate the opposition. We can then bring on some pace at 65 minutes and grab a couple of goals. Those who have placed misery bets, prepared to be disappointed

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disappointed not to see either of the newbies at least on the bench, and I'm beginning to think Alzate should be one of the first names on the team-sheet, so a bit disappointed there too.
Never have been optimistic about this one, so anything less than utter disappointment will be very welcome!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Yeah... also very dissatisfied not seeing Lamptey or MacAllister, but Alcatel? He is so good, how can he not even make the squad?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I like this team. Glad Duffy is there to support Webster who was absolutely pulverised in the reverse fixture. We can do this.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
3-5-2 match up!

But no Potterball today!

—————————Ryan———————-
———Webster——Duffy——-Dunk——-
Schelotto-Bissouma-Pröpper-Mooy-Burn
—————-Murray—-Maupay—————

Lots of height, knowhow, power and experience.

This was my immediate thought too, but I just wonder if perhaps Big Dan Burn is being tried as a CDM today. We’ll soon find out.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
We look a more balanced team with Bernardo, Burn rarely puts a cross in. Also playing 3 centre backs would be the ideal opportunity to bring in Lamptey? The rest of the team I am Ok with.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yeah... also very dissatisfied not seeing Lamptey or MacAllister, but Alcatel? He is so good, how can he not even make the squad?

Alzate has been carrying an injury maybe it’s got to the point that it now needs to be treated.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am not underestimating GP, he has not chosen this team with balls from a velvet bag.... has he?

Putting out a physical team is not that hard to understand. Championship game coming up!

Mooy dominated most Championship games he played. With Pröpper and Biss behind him, he may have a chance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No Mac, Lamptey or Alzate, Hughton-esque levels of anti-climax with that starting 11!

At least Gross isn’t starting though.

Survival points aren't going to get any easier to come by from here on in. Chickens coming home to roost. Manager has NO idea what his best starting eleven is. Maybe he'll get lucky and make three changes at half time and be hailed as a tactical genius. Good luck with that :thumbsup:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Also interesting that ‘The Balloon Boys’ weren’t dropped!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We need a point at least today because at least three out of six teams around us are guaranteed something, maybe six of them if there are three draws. I'm not going to criticise the lineup, because I've said before that I have no idea which players Potter will choose game on game. Wilder will not set up his team to combat our lineup as, quite rightly, he plays to the strengths of his own players. But whatever Potter is planning, I reckon Wilder might have to think on his feet and adapt during the game. And one thing we do know is that if Wilder adapts his strategy rather than stick to his plan, Potter will be quick to adapt and maybe we can get the upper hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here