Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield ticket chaos

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It says it was fixed by lunchtime yesterday, so I think so. More likely they're trying to figure out WTF they are going to do before releasing a communication :shrug:

I would go for cancel them all and start again (if there's time).
But there would be a poor old couple, fully entitled to tickets, who got theirs and then went off on holiday, who would be quite upset when they turn up at Wembley with cancelled tickets

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
0F1BF78C-2038-4549-96F3-E5FF79DF2339.jpeg

I would say any season ticket holders that have logged in on the 6th April, bought their own and then others for additional customer numbers have followed EXACTLY what the information on Sheffield United’s ticket page has stated.

“1 ticket per customer number”

It does not state that only season ticket holders are eligible for a ticket on the 6th April, only that you have to be a season ticket holder to purchase tickets on that date.

I really don’t think they’d have much of a case to cancel tickets purchased so far.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Designed by TB? Ok happy to acknoweledge that he oversaw it, but rather think their are others at the club, who probably have more knowledge of ticketing systems.
The ticketing system is off-the-shelf and the same one is used by a lot of clubs including both us and Sheffield United.

Sheffield United's set up looks fine, it's just someone probably stuffed up the config for this particular sale, which is possibly easily done. The Albion have had at least one or two issues that are not massively dissimilar, just not for a game of such magnitude.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I wonder if the glitch was available here too just nonone exploited it or boasted they had. I say that as surely all clubs link in along the way to the Wembley ticketing set up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder if the glitch was available here too just nonone exploited it or boasted they had. I say that as surely all clubs link in along the way to the Wembley ticketing set up.
No - each club has their own ticketing system which they configure as they see fit.

Wembley provide the seat map of seats available to each club, which they load onto their ticketing system to sell those tickets.

And you can be absolutely sure that if members were able to buy earlier, it would have been on here within about 10 seconds.

Albion certainly had the STH tiers configured correctly as I'd given absolutely no thought to the tier my son was going to be in, so I joyfully logged in on STH group 1 day, only to find I couldn't buy his ticket. When I checked his account directly, he was group 4 so I had to wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here