Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Weds - Tickets Remaining

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The one good thing about not having a season ticket is that every game is a very different experience when you are in a different seat, done the lower East, upper East and for the Sheff Wed game I am having a go in the 1901 club, love the Amex and the Seagulls.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not according to their website , unless that is a typo
SAT 01 SEP 2012
BOURNEM'TH
Att. 8,790 H 5 - 3 W NPOWER LEAGUE MATCH STATS MATCH REPORT

BBC says 18790, which I would imaging is more like it given their only other home League was against Shrewsbury had 18,000+

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
BBC says 18790, which I would imaging is more like it given their only other home League was against Shrewsbury had 18,000+

yeah dont make you wrong , i took it from their website

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wednesday fans are MILES more arrogant than us, FFS.

Yep, you've only got to look at some of the patronising comments on Owlstalk about our club - clueless football fans. As said on posts above, the population of Sheffield might be twice that of B&H, but that is divided between two Sheffield teams.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yep, you've only got to look at some of the patronising comments on Owlstalk about our club - clueless football fans. As said on posts above, the population of Sheffield might be twice that of B&H, but that is divided between two Sheffield teams.

Id wager that most of them still think we are that noddy outfit playing at Withdean with no clue of the transformation we have seen. Dont worry after our match, regardless of result, those that attend will see we are heading in one direction and that they will be struggling to stay with us.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Id wager that most of them still think we are that noddy outfit playing at Withdean with no clue of the transformation we have seen. Dont worry after our match, regardless of result, those that attend will see we are heading in one direction and that they will be struggling to stay with us.

Exactly my thoughts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I dislike Sheffield Wednesday myself, I much prefer Sheff Utd and find Wednesday fans obnoxious and arrogant. And I don't understand why on owlstalk there is a pic of Dave Jones laughing every time Brighton is mentioned (I assumed it was some sort of in-joke).

But they are a MUCH bigger club than us, Cheeky. Their average gates have only gone below 18,000 twice since 1979, and they've seen 5 seasons of third division football in that time.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But they are a MUCH bigger club than us, Cheeky.

Not disputing that fella, but as Albion Dan says above, they seem to be stuck in a timewarp about us as a club and how things have changed down here - maybe they don't get out of the centre of the universe that is Sheffield much. A post on their board about how the Premiership is stocked full of noddy clubs sums up the arrogance a fair few of their fans seem to possess.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
After the rubbish you lot endured during the last 15 years I don't begrudge you any success, I may not like it if it comes at my clubs expense but I won't begrudge you it, for 14 years your fought tooth and nail just to have your own home and I look forward to visiting it in a fortnights time, I'm not a fan of new build stadiums dunno why but most of em just look the same, although I know this isn't the case with the Amex.

On and off the pitch your club has transformed it's fortunes and i can only give credit to that, you've battled hard to get where you are as a club and getting 25k in for your first two games of this season is a credit to you.

New build grounds seem to attract more supporters to them, look at the gates at most clubs with new builds for the first two or three years they are all but sell outs in many cases, obviously on the pitch matters help this so if you keep plugging away at the right end you'll keep the attendances at a very very good level.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
After the rubbish you lot endured during the last 15 years I don't begrudge you any success, I may not like it if it comes at my clubs expense but I won't begrudge you it, for 14 years your fought tooth and nail just to have your own home and I look forward to visiting it in a fortnights time, I'm not a fan of new build stadiums dunno why but most of em just look the same, although I know this isn't the case with the Amex.

On and off the pitch your club has transformed it's fortunes and i can only give credit to that, you've battled hard to get where you are as a club and getting 25k in for your first two games of this season is a credit to you.

New build grounds seem to attract more supporters to them, look at the gates at most clubs with new builds for the first two or three years they are all but sell outs in many cases, obviously on the pitch matters help this so if you keep plugging away at the right end you'll keep the attendances at a very very good level.

Cheers fella, nice to meet a reasonable fan, sorry but my experiences with Wednesday fans home and away have been difficult on many occasions. Just can't seem to have a proper discussion about the game. Looks like your manager (who will do you a great job), has made some astute signings. Getting Boothroyd if he is the right frame of mind is a good deal. Whats Wednesday fans opinion of Mandric. He seems to have a record of jumping ship on a regular basis ?
Enjoy your trip to the AMEX, i believe you will be impressed.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'd rather have a new build stadium where the seats go all the way round with an unbstructed view of the pitch from all areas rather than a standard old school 4 stand stadium with bloody columns getting in the way like they did at Burnley! I actually think that many new builds are fairly identifiable; there's only so much that architects can do with stadium design whilst sticking to the principles that you need to have covered (in this country) banks of seats all facing a standard sized football pitch.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

good level headed post mate shame you have so many idiots on owlstalk though. Having registered on the forum to answer a question i received pages of abuse (not warranted ) and this has made me not want to mix with your fans either before or after the game

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
I'd rather have a new build stadium where the seats go all the way round with an unbstructed view of the pitch from all areas rather than a standard old school 4 stand stadium with bloody columns getting in the way like they did at Burnley! I actually think that many new builds are fairly identifiable; there's only so much that architects can do with stadium design whilst sticking to the principles that you need to have covered (in this country) banks of seats all facing a standard sized football pitch.

You go to Derby and you could be at Stoke, Middlesbrough etc I prefer the older grounds for their history be it good or bad.

good level headed post mate shame you have so many idiots on owlstalk though. Having registered on the forum to answer a question i received pages of abuse (not warranted ) and this has made me not want to mix with your fans either before or after the game
That's owlstalk fella, there's plenty of good posters if you filter through the crap.

Cheers fella, nice to meet a reasonable fan, sorry but my experiences with Wednesday fans home and away have been difficult on many occasions. Just can't seem to have a proper discussion about the game. Looks like your manager (who will do you a great job), has made some astute signings. Getting Boothroyd if he is the right frame of mind is a good deal. Whats Wednesday fans opinion of Mandric. He seems to have a record of jumping ship on a regular basis ?
Enjoy your trip to the AMEX, i believe you will be impressed.

Mandaric has helped this club turn round from being on the brink of extinction, he has had 3 clubs in this country and I think we will be his last project. Time will tell but right now he's a club hero.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm struggling to think of these so called clubs which had new stadiums and sold out virtually everyweek for 2 years.
Arsenal YES
Hull NO
reading NO
Southmpton NO
leicester NO
Coventry NO
Charlton NO
Millwall NO
Oxford NO
Bolton NO
Huddersfield NO
Wigan NO
Anymore?
Yeah new stadia attract bigger crowds but not this big:)

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

:bowdown::bowdown:

Cheers for that, restored my faith in Wednesday fans

Feb 14, 2010
New build grounds seem to attract more supporters to them, look at the gates at most clubs with new builds for the first two or three years they are all but sell outs in many cases, obviously on the pitch matters help this so if you keep plugging away at the right end you'll keep the attendances at a very very good level.[/QUOTE]

Actually mate that is a myth, ask Reading and Millwall. Reading didnt get close to selling out until they got to the top flight, and Millwall never have. Brighton have sold 23,000 odd season tickets because it has and has always had a big support despite having played lower league football. Some of us who knew about the Albion before losing the goldstone and the decline of the late 80s are not surprised at all. This is a club that had 34000 for clubs like Rochdale in the past.

Of course Wednesday have a good support and so they should being a good club, having normally played top flight or second tier football all through its history. Bottom line is tho' Wednesday would be getting smaller gates than the Albion but for the fact you get bigger away turn outs because its a journey for northern sides to get to us. I hope thats not provocative, its just the facts of it.

Brighton are off younger fans radar and the press never think of us because we have never won anything, well except in 1910 ! The press love a pigeon hole and they find it difficult to leave the comfort zone of perpetuating a stereo type, no matter how wrong it is. Yes Wednesday are a good club but the billy big bollox stuff from some Wednesday fans just doesn't wash with us as we just ask, "so how many did you get through the gate when you had 3000 away fans", ah yes we would reply, "about the same as us when we have 250 away fans."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here