Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Weds - Tickets Remaining

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm travelling down to the game with some sheff Weds fans from up here and they've said that they are unlikely to bring any more than 2000 as its an evening game and can't be made after work finishing time.

This is a very good point,i revise my away figure to 2200 friday night does help tho and the only game for us at home in a sequence of away games too

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely they will sell out. They are a massive, successful club. We know this because they told us.

<insert laughing Dave Jones pic>

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Surely they will sell out. They are a massive, successful club. We know this because they told us.

jones.png

:thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps we should give them the whole East Stand, such is their massive-ness.

Feb 14, 2010
Shef Weds have a good away support but it is helped by the fact that week in week out they play at numerous away games that are around an hour away, and numerous even closer. There are also lots of Yorkshiremen living in London, but not so many the other way around. As such, long trips to Brighton are the exception instead of the weekly grind that Brighton face.

Their home support figures are also boosted by big away followings created by being so close to say Leeds, Huddersfield, Derby, Leicester, Hull ect ect. Brighton however will not get the same away turn out as Barnsley indicated, although when its Shef W v Barnsley, then Barnsley will take a few thousand to them in comparison to a few hundred to us. Despite this Brighton get the same / bigger gates then Shef W.

Brighton fans also, week in week out have to travel absolutely bloody miles unless its London, Gilligham and Pompey which are all still an hour or so away.

I dont say this to knock Shef W but just give some reality and perspective to the press constantly banging on about Shef W being a huge club. Such a huge club that they get the same crowds as er Brighton and but for away turn outs would comfortably be getting smaller gates then er Brighton.

Shef Weds have a good away support but it is helped by the fact that week in week out they play at numerous away games that are around an hour away, and numerous even closer. There are also lots of Yorkshiremen living in London, but not so many the other way around. As such, long trips to Brighton are the exception instead of the weekly grind that Brighton face.

Their home support figures are also boosted by big away followings created by being so close to say Leeds, Huddersfield, Derby, Leicester, Hull ect ect. Brighton however will not get the same away turn out as Barnsley indicated, although when its Shef W v Barnsley, then Barnsley will take a few thousand to them in comparison to a few hundred to us. Despite this Brighton get the same / bigger gates then Shef W.

Brighton fans also, week in week out have to travel absolutely bloody miles unless its London, Gilligham and Pompey which are all still an hour or so away.

I dont say this to knock Shef W but just give some reality and perspective to the press constantly banging on about Shef W being a huge club. Such a huge club that they get the same crowds as er Brighton and but for away turn outs would comfortably be getting smaller gates then er Brighton.

I think the fact that Sheffield is more than twice the size of Brighton, plus SW's extended stays in the top flight over the last 50 years make Weds a bigger than us, though not big enough for the disrespect shown on that messageboard

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think the fact that Sheffield is more than twice the size of Brighton, plus SW's extended stays in the top flight over the last 50 years make Weds a bigger than us, though not big enough for the disrespect shown on that messageboard

It makes it more fun when we beat teams with fans that think that they are too 'big' to be in the same league as us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wednesday are MILES bigger than us, FFS.

I'm still pinching myself that we are finally fulfilling our potential. 27,000 for a Championship game with "only" 2,000 away is a very very good crowd.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

But the size of Sheffield urban area is 142 sq miles. Brighton and Hove is almost 33 sq miles. If the greater urban area of Brighton was taken into account it would not be far behind Sheffield.

I'm travelling down to the game with some sheff Weds fans from up here and they've said that they are unlikely to bring any more than 2000 as its an evening game and can't be made after work finishing time.

What's work finishing time got to do with people living in Sheffield ?:lolol:

But their population supports two league teams so that needs to be taken into account.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

True, if you stick to strict a SINGLE Council and its' boundaries, but that excludes Shoreham, Southwick, Lancing, Worthing, Lewes, Eastbourne, Littlehampton, Hastings, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, and so on.

And Sheffield itself has 2 big clubs competing for fans.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Another shout out to anybody with a WSU or ESU ticket they want to sell for this game. Just phoned the club to buy one and they only have lowerd tier tickets left.

To confirm, 1 x ESU or WSU ticket WANTED for the Sheff Weds game (also in ticket exchange).

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Your about 10000 short there!
Not according to their website , unless that is a typo
SAT 01 SEP 2012
BOURNEM'TH
Att. 8,790 H 5 - 3 W NPOWER LEAGUE MATCH STATS MATCH REPORT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here