Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shearer is FINALLY made Newcastle boss..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Early April Fools joke ?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Bullshit. Why would he take the job now when they're looking f***ed when he could basically take that job any day he wants it?

Don't try and halt a sinking ship. You'd be far wiser taking control of the wreckage from afresh, after the major damage has been done

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
SSN just said people were accusing them of an April fools and they denied it. They have just had it confirmed that he will be presented to media in the morning.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
They're now going down with Joke City and West Brom.

All the teams around them must be pleased.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Just been confirmed. I've always respected Shearers loyalty, he has many a chance to move to a big club like Spurs & Man Utd, but chose to stay at Newcastle..more people like him are needed in football these days. Will he still be on MOTD :ohmy:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Bizarre time to take over, they look doomed, I imagine he feels he can turn them around or have a season of fun in a league they could boss with their support and backing.

Their was a rumour last week saying none of the players have clauses reducing contracts if they go down, so I imagine they need to keep the games sold out to claw some of this money back. Shearer could be the marketing ploy they need, does he actually have the coaching badges needed to manage at these levels.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Just been confirmed. I've always respected Shearers loyalty, he has many a chance to move to a big club like Spurs & Man Utd, but chose to stay at Newcastle..

Do you respect his loyalty to England?

..more people like him are needed in football these days. Will he still be on MOTD :ohmy:

Bollox. He hasn't taken a job because he can get massive Licence-payers money on MOTD.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Must be true, the Tweetsphere is going MENTAL over the news.

Oct 25, 2003
They're now going down with Joke City and West Brom.

errr

i think middlesbrough might have something to say about that

good news for them imo..........they've been needing some leadership and passion and that's what shearer will give them....even if they do go down he'll get them back i reckon

they LOVE a local hero up here, and the fans will give him so much time that they'd probably still want him as manager after he DIES:drink::drink:

SHEARER! SHEARER! SHEARER!:drink::drink::drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here