"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
....or I get the homeless look.

"Big Issue, anyone?" :lol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
King of shave gel (the mint one or whatever it is) is so f***ing harsh I might as well pour battery acid over my silky cheeks.

I am another in the Wilkinson sword camp. Gillette are way too expensive and short lived.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Mach 3 are what I use. Those Wilkinson sword hydro 5 razor sound extremely good. Have noted them down. Cheers! :)

I absolutely agree the Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 is excellent and the blade is adjustable so you can get really close against, nose, mouth and accurate against side burns.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
King of shave gel (the mint one or whatever it is) is so f***ing harsh I might as well pour battery acid over my silky cheeks.

A couple of girlfriends before have said how silky and smooth my skin is before the shaving rash has got worse. :blush:

Those gels were terrible for me as well.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Make sure you shave the effected areas with the bristle rather than against it. Used to get really bad razor burn and changing the way I shaved made the biggest difference. Would also recommend the post shave lotions. Clinique do a good one if your budget stretches.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Shaving cream and a nice badger hair shaving brush.
2 blades are more than sufficient. Cold water to rinse afterwards. Aftershave is for the micropenised and moisturiser is for wusses.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Used to use Mach 3, and the blades would last me 3/4 shaves tops and wasn't the most comfortable shave ever. I got a free wilkinson sword hydro 5 razor and my god it's a hundred times better. Not only is it much more comfortable, a blade will last me a good 8-9 shaves. Would never go back.

100% agree.
I swore Gillette Fusion was the best and found Wilkinson Hydro because I was given a free sample. It's a lot better than Gillette and I'd never go back. I use about one blade a month shaving daily.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Even the cold water on afterwards is agony, jackanada. I don't think moisturiser works really, just another expense. The brush might be an idea as I only use my hands with the shaving foam.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
100% agree.
I swore Gillette Fusion was the best and found Wilkinson Hydro because I was given a free sample. It's a lot better than Gillette and I'd never go back. I use about one blade a month shaving daily.

I'll try and get some Wilkinson Hydro razor blades in town tomorrow hopefully. Sound very good.

Thanks for everybody's help on this thread. :thumbsup:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Was given a RazorPit last year - very simple bit of kit that you use to clean your blades after use and then to store the razor between use. They say it extends the life of all blades and I find that my Gilette blades last much longer than they used to - always a bonus given the rip-off prices we pay for blades in this country.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
f*** me there's some light weights on here :nono: OOOOOH MY FACE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORE :cry:

When you start shaving, feel free to add something to the conversation!:jester:

Jan 30, 2008
was given a razorpit last year - very simple bit of kit that you use to clean your blades after use and then to store the razor between use. They say it extends the life of all blades and i find that my gilette blades last much longer than they used to - always a bonus given the rip-off prices we pay for blades in this country.
you sure,just rinse them out under hot water ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did Fushion for years but must have had a duff batch of blades that kept snapping so switched to Hydro about a year or so ago and bloody good as well

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
you sure,just rinse them out under hot water ???

It's a modern version of the old leather strap, drags the blade properly clean. I was sceptical myself but it seems to improve blade life compared to rinsing under hot water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here