Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Start an email list (or similar) and post it there

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Just keep it to yourself, you big-headed "oh look at me, I'm ITK" tosser

Votes: 17 7.5%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Keep it going Bozza... no change required.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't have a problem with rumours when they are from decent sources - it's the utterly pathetic 'my mate's cousin's cleaner just saw x,y or z at the training ground' type rumours that annoy me. Those people should get a ban until the season starts. Your type of rumour - keep going.

What's the difference?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Keep on keeping on Bozza - at least the various responses liven up the day and so long as you don't mind a bit of verbal its ok!!!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Keep keeping on.

Maybe you could have a Bozzometer that keeps tally of the accuracy of the rumours throughout the season. Not to measure YOU, as you are only passing on what you hear (y)

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'd like to see better judgement from NSC posters - not an end to the transfer rumours. After all, what's a football forum without a bit of gossip? Deep-down, we're a bitchy bunch who love a moan.....and most of all, a big scoop!

However, the relentless postings from a facile bunch of attention-seekers is boring and tantamount to spam.

Of course, there are no hard and fast rules here, but it really shouldn't take long to weed out the Bozzas from the Bullshitters. Just don't give the latter any attention - PLEASE.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
If you've got something to say just say it and less of the nudge, nudge, wink, wink I've got a secret but I'm not telling stuff.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What's the difference?

One is from someone that has actually thought about how likely their rumour is, where they heard it from and then posts with some thought around it. The other is a spotty 'teenager' making stuff up so they w@nk themselves silly watching the responces without posting any further themselves.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I sat through a day's training in emotional intelligence last week, which at one intrusive point I was on the verge of tears thanks to. I score low in my trust of people I've just met, but sometimes pretend to agree with people when I don't, which apparently isn't too clever. Bozza, from afar, I trust enough to let me know of possibilities with the Albion and for me to run with them, begin to imagine them as true, even tell others of them as certainties. If I met him in public, though, and he asked me to lick his lucky elbow with the utmost authenticity of its delightful flavour and how much in value my Fruit Pastille shares would rise, I wouldn't. I'm too emotionally intelligent for that. And to not get too longlastingly upset when mild footballing hopes are dashed.
Carry on the work of whichever standard it is. No one admires a flouncer.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Keep on posting but perhaps with an added 'sauce confidence index' score. then at season's end we can have a ritual sacrifice of the least reliable sauce and most gullible poster

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I think it's the cryptic style that irritates people.

Sounds a bit 'I know more than you lot so listen to me'... although I am pretty sure that's not how it's meant.

Just 'Heard a strong rumour today about a possible signing. Stay tuned' would suffice I reckon rather than riddles.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] sharing info via sources from the club is one of the best things about NSC. And always done in a responsible way. Would miss it if if felt he wasn't free to do this or feedback on here got in the way of it.
So YES. Share on here and Twitter

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
It's all about one's own response to these things, Boz. Personally, no matter how good the source, how often it's repeated, how firmly it's believed, I choose to accept a signing as happening when I see it on the official site, the player photographed with the shirt. It'd be foolish to then be wound up by rumour and gossip - and what the hell else is there to talk about once the fixture chat fizzles out? I can't ever recall you saying 'This one's cast iron, sell all your possessions and use every penny raised to go and bet on it right now'. Even if you did, any idiot who then did so would still be at fault themselves.

So keep posting.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As long as it isn’t a deliberate attempt to deceive it’s not a problem. Everyone knows by now that there is no certainty and everything should be taken with a pinch of salt, with some posters more than most. Last year Grabban got a whole page in the Argus, so until the club makes an announcement we are always close to some Tom, Dick or Harry.

However going all cryptic and speaking in riddles on a rumour that ends up not happening, is more irritating than a rumour itself.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
It's the rumours and transfer-nonsense that make up the fun of NSC during the summer, more than a twenty page thread about eating dogs anyway.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think a lot of people are being fed false rumours in and out of the club as lessons have been learnt from previous years re: getting gazumped when names are banded about....

I spoke to a couple of football agents re: Zamora last week and they said that unless Brighton heavily relaxed their wage structure then bz would be well out of range. They also said Brighton is a mid range payer in the championship, which I suppose is hardly a revelation..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here