Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
That's an accusation you can't prove. Have you spared a thought that his head wasn't in the right place (literally) because we were trying to buy him? The sending off was frustration after two own goals. I said at the time the two own goals were sensational but not necessarily blatant. Do you honestly think the manager would have played him again if he though it was intentional?

Owen Coyle probably thought they beat Cardiff 3-2 the other week. He's on the phone to the football league as i type this:

"I've just double-checked the league table and you haven't given us 3 points for our win in Cardiff or for our home victory against Crewe the other night. Sort it out! One other thing. Where's my manager of the month award!"

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I''ve never understood why fans seem to CARE about the money spent.

You're not the accountant for Brighton and Hove Albion so just CHILL.

"oh yeah, 4 millions seems too much". Why is it "TOO MUCH". You've got the budget in front of you? Let the people with all the facts and who have been watching him for MONTHS decide whether they are happy to pay that.

Headline: Good footballer joins club. Enjoy it.

Looks like the club cant win. Fans moan about not signing some one, then the club breaks its transfer record and fans moan about spending too much. Tough crowd.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
It's just part of the 'singing' ceremony - no player can reasonably expect to go on and do good things for the Albion if he hasn't been lambasted in some quarters on here before having kicked a ball for us. It's just the observance of form.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Jesus we spend £4.5m and people are rubbishing the bloke before he's even held up the shirt. Who were you expecting Bobby Moore reincarnated? Oh yeah, he lacks pace and is poor in the air. Get real, we have signed an international centre half, who is still improving but is currently good enough to play international football, has been courted by a number of premier league teams and is one of the best CD in this league.

Oh and he's 24 which means his best years are in front of him. But moan away or better still **** off to Palace..

We have replaced an ageing Scottish international with a young Irish international I think 80% of our fans realise the improvement to our squad - IF we get promoted some of our fans will explode when we look to sign squad players for £15M+

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Would have rather the money gone towards the transfers of Matěj Vydra and Bradley Dack.
I think we had made a bad signing but if it had been on the cheap then ok but a record amount of money spent on a Centre Half who has played very badly so far this season does seem very odd.
Hope I am proved wrong.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Shane! :) And in time for Newcastle too... thank you Uncle Tony. Surprisingly, I trust Chris' judgement more than the moaning idiots on here...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Very happy with this signing. One more addition up front / number 10 and not losing anyone and we will have the best Albion squad I can ever remember seeing. Not that my memory is the best mind you.....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would have rather the money gone towards the transfers of Matěj Vydra and Bradley Dack.
I think we had made a bad signing but if it had been on the cheap then ok but a record amount of money spent on a Centre Half who has played very badly so far this season does seem very odd.
Hope I am proved wrong.

Errr... where have we said we now won't sign a top number 10!?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Hope I am proved wrong.

So you know for certain that funds arent still available for further signings then?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Jesus we spend £4.5m and people are rubbishing the bloke before he's even held up the shirt. Who were you expecting Bobby Moore reincarnated? Oh yeah, he lacks pace and is poor in the air. Get real, we have signed an international centre half, who is still improving but is currently good enough to play international football, has been courted by a number of premier league teams and is one of the best CD in this league.

Oh and he's 24 which means his best years are in front of him. But moan away or better still **** off to Palace..

But if he's that good why aren't Real Madrid trying to sign him....:moo:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Hope I am proved wrong.

:facepalm: he hasn't even played for us yet. He is an international defender. He is only 24.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Very happy with this signing. One more addition up front / number 10 and not losing anyone and we will have the best Albion squad I can ever remember seeing. Not that my memory is the best mind you.....

Indeed. With Duffy and Dunk at the heart of our defence tomorrow i wouldn't be surprised if one of them scored(in the Newcastle net). Both have reasonable records coming up from the back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His attitude in his last couple of games for Blackburn appeared to SUCK bigtime. When our game is nowadays built largely around a very strong team spirit, that has to be a concern shirley?

Agreed and yes it is. As I put earlier on the thread my mate who was basically Andy Naylor of Yeovil and knows Duffy said he was a really nice guy. I trust his opinion completely l, so personally feel a little easier about his character...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
His attitude in his last couple of games for Blackburn appeared to SUCK bigtime. When our game is nowadays built largely around a very strong team spirit, that has to be a concern shirley?

No worse than Dunk at times though surely.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I''ve never understood why fans seem to CARE about the money spent.

You're not the accountant for Brighton and Hove Albion so just CHILL.

"oh yeah, 4 millions seems too much". Why is it "TOO MUCH". You've got the budget in front of you? Let the people with all the facts and who have been watching him for MONTHS decide whether they are happy to pay that.

Headline: Good footballer joins club. Enjoy it.

Completely agree with that.. In Chris and the recruitment team, I trust! :)
Also, who knows what his wages are? The figure given to Blackburn maybe 4 mil, but if he is on a low wage, then the overall cost spread over a few years is not so bad.. You could get a player on a free transfer, but if his wages are 20k per week more, then you have spent more...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here