Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

Good. Way too few paddies in the team at the moment for us to be truly successful, just look at our history

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Shithouse due to attitude. That he's been an integral part of the worst defence in the league is hardly in question.
Of course you're not debating. Because you don't have a leg to stand on. You'll rack up today's 75 posts on another topic I imagine.

Oh christ. :facepalm: All i've seen is a convenient change of tune presumably due to him now being confirmed. I bet you win alot of arguments don't you? +1

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Messaged a mate who covered Yeovil while he was there (in the champs) about him (he knows his football and is an intelligent fella):

'Different class mate. Will be a rock. I know he's had a shocking few weeks, but he'll be a top signing. He effectively carried our defence that year in the Champ

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Jesus wept, Hughton was hardly going to say, yeah I suspect Dunk will be off soon, so we had to get someone in, was he.

Not saying Dunk will go but don't take everything was literally

He literally has just said that he now has Dunk, Goldson, Uwe and Duffy as his four senior centre backs for 16/17.
A scenario that several posters find impossible to believe.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He literally has just said that he now has Dunk, Goldson, Uwe and Duffy as his four senior centre backs for 16/17.
A scenario that several posters find impossible to believe.

Yes, right now he has 4 senior centre backs. If a £10m bid for Dunk came in tomorrow, I am sure we would be back down to 3.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Jesus we spend £4.5m and people are rubbishing the bloke before he's even held up the shirt. Who were you expecting Bobby Moore reincarnated? Oh yeah, he lacks pace and is poor in the air. Get real, we have signed an international centre half, who is still improving but is currently good enough to play international football, has been courted by a number of premier league teams and is one of the best CD in this league.

Oh and he's 24 which means his best years are in front of him. But moan away or better still **** off to Palace..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
With Liam getting injured, Bruno not ideal playing CB more than he has, Hune and Goldson still recovering and getting up to match fitness, right this second it is an essential move and covers for all eventualities. Having 4 good CB's we can afford match bans, injuries and not rushing them back too soon.

We actually have a good chance tomorrow.

Welcome Duffy now for Dack.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jesus we spend £4.5m and people are rubbishing the bloke before he's even held up the shirt. Who were you expecting Bobby Moore reincarnated? Oh yeah, he lacks pace and is poor in the air. Get real, we have signed an international centre half, who is still improving but is currently good enough to play international football, has been courted by a number of premier league teams and is one of the best CD in this league.

Oh and he's 24 which means his best years are in front of him. But moan away or better still **** off to Palace..

Are people dissing him? I know Ben's Grandad and TSB are not fans but who else?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, right now he has 4 senior centre backs. If a £10m bid for Dunk came in tomorrow, I am sure we would be back down to 3.

I suggest...only if he wanted to go. He is on a long contract and will only get more valuable. I think TB has made his intent to get out of this division pretty clear this close season and off loading our star players is not part of the plan, unlike in Oscar's season here.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Some proper knobs on here. God forbid the club so ambition.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

or perhaps a £5m bid for Goldson or perhaps Uwe gets injured again

but the point is that Hughton has bought Duffy to join Uwe, Goldson, and Dunk as his 4 CBs for the season. He's not a replacement, they aren't going to go into the season with 3 CBs and they don't want Dunk to leave.
Thats what he wants, presumably the chairman has backed it and thats the plan.
They've turned down bids for Dunk earlier in this window and are likely to turn down more, there aren't any bids on the table as far as we know and lets face it they broke the bank last season to keep him here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jesus we spend £4.5m and people are rubbishing the bloke before he's even held up the shirt. Who were you expecting Bobby Moore reincarnated? Oh yeah, he lacks pace and is poor in the air.

Are you referring to that Booby Moore - the one who lacked pace and wasn't terribly good in the air?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I''ve never understood why fans seem to CARE about the money spent.

You're not the accountant for Brighton and Hove Albion so just CHILL.

"oh yeah, 4 millions seems too much". Why is it "TOO MUCH". You've got the budget in front of you? Let the people with all the facts and who have been watching him for MONTHS decide whether they are happy to pay that.

Headline: Good footballer joins club. Enjoy it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A song for those of us watching the Newcastle game on sky

'Cause Duffy n Dunk gonna stop you scoring
‘Cause Duffy n Dunk gonna stop you scoring
‘Cause Duffy n Dunk gonna stop you scoring
Saturday night and we in the top spot
Don’t believe me just watch (come on)
Don’t believe me just watch
Don’t believe me just watch