Shameful

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Ing Gull

Sep 3, 2014
True - but that's largely because they'll be picking the ones with the highest results/academic performance.....oh, and by the way, three years ago, Cambridge undergraduate intake contained more black students than pupils from Eton.

And when Johnson was there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It's a shame this thread has been derailed into whether Johnson is intelligent or not. Clearly he is. It may not be Steven Hawkins intelligent, but he clearly has something, as as much as it pains me to say it he wouldn't have got to where be is today without some modicum of intelligence...

Can we get back to the point of the thread, which is that this government is totally shameless and is taking us all for a ride. I don't know how Matt Hancock kept a straight face tonight, they MUST all know it's lies, but just can't face saying it... Can't wait for their memoirs!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It's a shame this thread has been derailed into whether Johnson is intelligent or not. Clearly he is. It may not be Steven Hawkins intelligent, but he clearly has something, as as much as it pains me to say it he wouldn't have got to where be is today without some modicum of intelligence...

Can we get back to the point of the thread, which is that this government is totally shameless and is taking us all for a ride. I don't know how Matt Hancock kept a straight face tonight, they MUST all know it's lies, but just can't face saying it... Can't wait for their memoirs!

Please don't buy their memoirs...do not fund their retirement!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't like feeling ashamed of my prime minister. I felt a bit sick when I woke up this morning. Rejoining the labour party made me feel a bit better.

I can't carry too much anger with those still dismissing all the lies as nothing, though. I feel a bit sorry for them Those who dismiss lies as unimportant are usually liers themselves. Would probably cheat on the missus if they were less ugly. Those who believe the lies are probably being cheated on by their missus. And those who just don't care just won't care. What a sad thing to lead such dismal deluded lives :shrug:.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC saying that Matt Hancock was quoted as saying that the government " would look retrospectivly at fines issued regarding travelling for childcare during lockdown. "... Who would have thought it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm afraid this bunch of cockwombles have to go, and I say that as a Tory voter (although I have voted for both the other mobs in the past!).

No way they get my Vote if Skeletor is still there next time around. I intend to let my MP know my views as well, let's get rid of these utter twunts.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I don't like feeling ashamed of my prime minister. I felt a bit sick when I woke up this morning. Rejoining the labour party made me feel a bit better.

I can't carry too much anger with those still dismissing all the lies as nothing, though. I feel a bit sorry for them Those who dismiss lies as unimportant are usually liers themselves. Would probably cheat on the missus if they were less ugly. Those who believe the lies are probably being cheated on by their missus. And those who just don't care just won't care. What a sad thing to lead such dismal deluded lives :shrug:.

I now have some friends who are life long Tory voters, who voted Leave in 2016, who feel exactly as you and me do. I still have one-or-two who defend all this. It's not about that though.

I know who I feel sorry for though. I said from the off in all of this crisis, like any crisis - you'll find out who people actually are.Left/Right/Leave/Remain - It's irrelevant, we just want what's right.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm afraid this bunch of cockwombles have to go, and I say that as a Tory voter (although I have voted for both the other mobs in the past!).

No way they get my Vote if Skeletor is still there next time around. I intend to let my MP know my views as well, let's get rid of these utter twunts.

They are taking the piss aren't they? Unless Johnson has had intervening laser treatment to his eyes (which I accept he might have done), there is no way he can be 'blind as a bat' six years ago and having some spontaneous cure before COVID-19 gave him some visual disturbance again.

This choreography has to stop.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Do people actually pay University Fees to listen to you, quite scary!

Oh and if you didn’t drink so much you wouldn’t feel sick in the morning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I now have some friends who are life long Tory voters, who voted Leave in 2016, who feel exactly as you and me do. I still have one-or-two who defend all this. It's not about that though.

I know who I feel sorry for though. I said from the off in all of this crisis, like any crisis - you'll find out who people actually are.Left/Right/Leave/Remain - It's irrelevant, we just want what's right.

No indeed. I have friends exactly like yours. Decent tories who would reach out to anyone. They are mong those people who have followed the rules, perhaps seen (or not 'seen') loved ones die. Only to find the people they trusted and followed lied to them.

I see over 30 tory MPs have called for Cummings' head now.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No indeed. I have friends exactly like yours. Decent tories who would reach out to anyone. They are mong those people who have followed the rules, perhaps seen (or not 'seen') loved ones die. Only to find the people they trusted and followed lied to them.

As I say, It's not about leave/remain, left/right, Labour/Tory, it's about right/wrong. The majority of people seem to support right though. If nothing else, that is heartening.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

As I say, It's not about leave/remain, left/right, Labour/Tory, it's about right/wrong. The majority of people seem to support right though. If nothing else, that is heartening.

This. I have neighbours who are lifelong Tory - and they are seething at the moment.

People suggesting it is political point scoring can **** right off. They've got absolutely no clue whatsoever.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They are taking the piss aren't they? Unless Johnson has had intervening laser treatment to his eyes (which I accept he might have done), there is no way he can be 'blind as a bat' six years ago and having some spontaneous cure before COVID-19 gave him some visual disturbance again.

This choreography has to stop.

I’ve seen a picture of him from December 2019 wearing glasses.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do people actually pay University Fees to listen to you, quite scary!

Oh and if you didn’t drink so much you wouldn’t feel sick in the morning.

Good to see the ten grand you spent at Charm School wasn’t wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
The thread title says it all. The incident itself has been amplified a hundredfold by the totally incompetent way it has been handled. The whole shower of leading Government spokesmen have been appalling - the word leading is clearly inaccurate - apologies. It is INCONCEIVABLE that some people are still defending DCs position and BJ’s handling of it. Appalling and a total laughing stock in the midst of a pandemic - it is indeed shameful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports