Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ooh it’s a corner;9359115 said:
The thread title says it all. The incident itself has been amplified a hundredfold by the totally incompetent way it has been handled. The whole shower of leading Government spokesmen have been appalling - the word leading is clearly inaccurate - apologies. It is INCONCEIVABLE that some people are still defending DCs position and BJ’s handling of it. Appalling and a total laughing stock in the midst of a pandemic - it is indeed shameful.

I disagree. The thread title should now be changed to " Shameless "

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I am often able to shrug off the perverse decisions of our govt, but not now: I've felt increasing anger as our death toll mounted, especially for poorly protected NHS and carehomes, and this disgusting episode from Cummings has topped it. The man's a power mad narcissist, and it would be great to just ignore him, as he will thrive on any attention, good or bad.. Let's not forget who appointed him though, who condones his behaviour, who lets him give a press conference from no. 10 (wtf?), and who is ultimately responsible - it's Johnson.
I send strength to our journalists not to drop this, keep digging, keep asking, keep checking.
And, Mr Starmer, please continue bashing away at Johnson, and get a team around you who are honest, intelligent, and have their shit together. Give this country an alternative at the next election (do I have to wait that long?) that is so clearly better than the current govt.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The thread title says it all. The incident itself has been amplified a hundredfold by the totally incompetent way it has been handled. The whole shower of leading Government spokesmen have been appalling - the word leading is clearly inaccurate - apologies. It is INCONCEIVABLE that some people are still defending DCs position and BJ’s handling of it. Appalling and a total laughing stock in the midst of a pandemic - it is indeed shameful.

This is what I can’t believe......as soon as he was called out, an explanation, and apology and a resignation (or even some form of rebuke) and it would have been forgotten about within a day or two. The trotting out of messages, attempts at fudging the story and barefaced lies - from loads of them - are what are defining this, not the original ‘offence’ (if there was one).

Massive, massive misjudgment from all involved.....and they are still at it. Unbelievable

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I now have some friends who are life long Tory voters, who voted Leave in 2016, who feel exactly as you and me do. I still have one-or-two who defend all this. It's not about that though.

I know who I feel sorry for though. I said from the off in all of this crisis, like any crisis - you'll find out who people actually are.Left/Right/Leave/Remain - It's irrelevant, we just want what's right.

Possibly the most shocking thing I have read during this whole sorry affair... :wozza:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Folk worry about a feral underclass in our society. Given that we have a feral elite and a feral media, all that is seen is a mere reflection.

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I am often able to shrug off the perverse decisions of our govt, but not now: I've felt increasing anger as our death toll mounted, especially for poorly protected NHS and carehomes, and this disgusting episode from Cummings has topped it. The man's a power mad narcissist, and it would be great to just ignore him, as he will thrive on any attention, good or bad.. Let's not forget who appointed him though, who condones his behaviour, who lets him give a press conference from no. 10 (wtf?), and who is ultimately responsible - it's Johnson.
I send strength to our journalists not to drop this, keep digging, keep asking, keep checking.
And, Mr Starmer, please continue bashing away at Johnson, and get a team around you who are honest, intelligent, and have their shit together. Give this country an alternative at the next election (do I have to wait that long?) that is so clearly better than the current govt.

This. Please don't let those w*****s off the hook. Dig and keep digging.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agreed but, with a bit of luck, you won't have to wait too long for the next election (we had three in four and a half years prior to the last one -- there will be one in a year or two on that basis).
While this episode has stoked widespread anger, it really isn't the most important issue, but it does illustrate what many have known for a long time: the tenuous relationship of this government (and particularly Johnson, Cummings and Gove) with the truth. The issue in front of us that will transpire to be extremely important is a public inquiry, and this is where the concealment exercise will go into overdrive. What we need is relentless pressure on it being thorough, independent and rapidly produced which will require a big team. All of this is important because, as you indicate, there are numerous errors, delays, omissions, etc perpetrated by this government and predecessors that need to be clearly revealed to the public.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Agreed but, with a bit of luck, you won't have to wait too long for the next election (we had three in four and a half years prior to the last one -- there will be one in a year or two on that basis).

I hope you're right. Sadly, even with this shit-storm I can't see us getting an election before time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

If only there were going to be a PMQ today. I found myself imagining over the weekend Mr Starmer asking about the legal implications of all this and commenting wryly "I have some experience in legal matters!"

I don't think he would do that, though. He would be straight down the line, have all his ducks in a row and tear the PM to shreds, while being careful to express some sympathy towards the situation that Cummings found himself in!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Possibly the most shocking thing I have read during this whole sorry affair... :wozza:

Because I believe Dominic and back Boris to get Covid-19 done just like you do, by following the Prime Minister's instructions of 'keep alert' I was able to buy Heineken in Morrison's just now when doing my unlimited daily shopping that we can now do, when there wasn't any! I was already keeping alert to avoid the invisible enemy - the bread aisle always raises my alert level - but when I arrived on the beer aisle - no cases of Heineken! Obviously no Heineken is better than a bad Heineken and ordinarily - No Heineken? No problem! applies. However, maybe because of the invisible enemy there were no cases of Staropramen either! Because I'd kept alert whilst staying at the shops though, just like Boris told us, I had already noticed that a promotional display before the wine aisle had some cases of Heineken on it - 2 for £16 - among all the unsold promotional Corona Extra that for some reason isn't selling at the moment, so back I went and into my trolley the Heineken went! If I didn't keep alert, I wouldn't have got any.

It's the little things like that from fighters like you me and Boris are going to be reason the invisible enemy will be defeated Footy Genius.

Keep alert, protect the shops, save The NHS and winning in Morrison's. :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Folk worry about a feral underclass in our society. Given that we have a feral elite and a feral media, all that is seen is a mere reflection.

The media ain't perfect but that's the same in any democratic country.

But, overall they've come out on top and exposed this government for what they are. Maitlis is on the money...

Hopefully this administration will learn something going forward, their arrogance has already cost us dearly...

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
If only there were going to be a PMQ today. I found myself imagining over the weekend Mr Starmer asking about the legal implications of all this and commenting wryly "I have some experience in legal matters!"

I don't think he would do that, though. He would be straight down the line, have all his ducks in a row and tear the PM to shreds, while being careful to express some sympathy towards the situation that Cummings found himself in!

Indeed...and I'm sure the timing of the Cummings' 'press conference' was exactly because there is no PMQ this week...it's manipulation all the way, and The Press, Starmer, and the people [through persistent tweeting or whatever] must not take our foot off the neck on this one

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Anyone who goes to Oxford and gets a 2-1 is probably in the top 10% . I imagine intelligence is rated as IQ. I`d hazzard a guess Boris would rate higher than more than 90 % of NSC members. Me included.

a 2-1 in what?

and he has had the best education money can buy, that must help a bit

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I would guess it helps a lot with exams etc. Although don`t think best education makes you more intelligent !

it will help you get a 2-1 tho', and thereby give the impression of intelligence.

i don't know what "the classics" is, but it's obviously nothing compared to physics for example

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think that Johnson has perfected the art of looking like a really bright guy to those that aren't.

If any of those people saw ANY of his performance at the Select Committee yesterday, they would surely change their mind. You don't often see someone so completely out of their depth....and he is supposed to be our Prime Minister. In fact, it was so bad I had to check a couple of times that I wasn't watching some sort of spoof.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If any of those people saw ANY of his performance at the Select Committee yesterday, they would surely change their mind. You don't often see someone so completely out of their depth....and he is supposed to be our Prime Minister. In fact, it was so bad I had to check a couple of times that I wasn't watching some sort of spoof.

Makes you wonder doesn't it ...?? is there really not someone more suited to the position or are they happy to hide out of the limelight and feed of the chaos that these goons are creating , i mean i know it's "unprecedented" but between the gutter press and this load of clowns the UK really has managed to completely balls the whole situation up......unless there really is a star chamber and they have decreed that herd immunity is the was forward....it's baffling really.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed...and I'm sure the timing of the Cummings' 'press conference' was exactly because there is no PMQ this week...it's manipulation all the way, and The Press, Starmer, and the people [through persistent tweeting or whatever] must not take our foot off the neck on this one

The problem with persistent tweeting is only those who subscribe will be reading, and I assume in the case of Starmer this is just going to be younger labour activists (or tories who decide to go twitter mining to prove some tedious point).

I'm happy for Starmer to not flood the adult media with endless press releases. That said I think that it may be useful for him to become a little more visible and vocal. Perhaps he hasn't yet completed his voice training with Kate Fleming? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here