Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When you take into account population density is it a fair comparison? Don’t get me wrong, I think Johnson has been awful, but we are much more densely populated country than the USA and therefore everything else being even we would come off worse.

The thing is, it’s really more like 60,000 extra deaths due to CoVid atm

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes you can join and form political parties and their membership have decreased with 65% since the 80s. Why? Because the system is shit. You can organise and mobilise (but in reality only if the establishment acknowledges, approves and publicise it) and you can vote (which corrupt idiot do you pick?), but none of it matters. None of it has any effect because the people only believe they rule, they dont really.

As for your second last paragraph, any kind of anarchy and rebellion has been made impossible by fat, rich, white fellas born in the 1940s and 1950s defending the privileges they more or less automatically gained during a time of never before and never again seen prosperity, since your strong belief in your own superiority in contrast to the "lazy, dumb kids of today" protected you from seeing the beloved system crush the people who are not you.

I can barely pay my rent, the weed I buy gets me one week of freedom from existential worries with the tradeoff that I cant afford to eat for the last two weeks of every month, and as for the "apartment" you described worryingly well, there's not a chance I can do washing or dishing in the constant misery.

That would all be fine and well if it was just me but this is the reality of A LOT of people born in the 80s and 90s, in my country and in yours, and one day that I hope you live to see, we will crush your beloved system - unfortunately in a way neither you or me approve. And your generation, reaping the benefits of the Thatchers of the world, are to blame - always waving your tails when the masters come with a little cookie, with no regard for what was really happening and how it would shape the future.

I'm sorry - I didn't realise you were skint. The way you bang on about your lifestyle I imagined you were having it large. That makes a difference. In adversity we all scope around for solutions. I have nothing to offer you as I know nothing about Swedish society.

Here....we have a system....it is a bit shit but we thought we understood it....till now. We have never been lied to as much and as badly as recently, and there will be consequences.

As it happens, I took some interest in anarchy as a political philospohy at one point. I binned it when I realised it is the doctrine of dispair. You have to engage with the others because you can't exist in a hut in the woods on your own.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I get that completely - she definitely showed decisive leadership(all be it disastrous imo) whereas BJ is a clown with no backbone at all. He doesn’t want to fire DC because he thinks he’ll be even worse without him! My reference to BB was that the song ends with ‘Wearing badges is not enough in days like these’ which I was comparing to HWT’s call to arms. I think I’ll go and listen to it again!

Ye see where you are coming from

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You would think Johnson of all people would see the seriousness of breaking the social distance rules regarding this virus.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve just watched the BBCs news report on care homes. The Government actions in regard to this were criminal, it can’t be by accident they got it so, so wrong, and continue to fail to protect the most vulnerable to this hideous disease.

Again, bloody shameful.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You would think Johnson of all people would see the seriousness of breaking the social distance rules regarding this virus.

The cynical me wouldn't be surprised if that was a load of bollocks after tonights performance tbh.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Reality has been usurped by wokeness and PC bollocks. Here's a chap got a good grip on things in my view.@44 minutes in he nails why we are so antagonistic towards 'the other'. Start from the begining if you have the time.
Frankly, I see Cummings as a breath of fresh air, and I'll be glad if he rides it out. I am sick to the teeth of 'Gotcha' Politics and journalism, when in fact, the whole world is pondering what's the right thing to do, in unique circumstances....and every 'Sharon on Facebook' is now an expert epidemiologist, virologist, and Planning guru.Where no-one can do simple maths, and everyone thinks they will live forever, despite congenital or life-choice caused illness. I always thought 'Yes Minister' was a comedy, ....turns out it was a fekking instruction manual.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
You would have thought that the Johnson would have a savvy advisor who would have looked at this when the story broke. The sensible response would have been to acknowledge the story and release a statement that it was being looked into. Then see how it was 'playing' with the public, in the event of it being a damaging shit storm, sack him.

By immediately dismissing the issue they magnified the negative reaction and then doubled down again and again, making matters worse, thereby putting themselves in a position where they now can't sack him without looking weak/ridiculous.

You'd think Johnson would have someone giving him better advice .... and you would think the prime minister would have a better person giving him advice.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps you would like to swap your place with one of the many asylum seekers crossing the Channel each day?

I like this bloke. He is funny.

Mods, can we keep him? can we keep him please?:smile::thumbsup:

Das, you have a serious challenger.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thing is, much like when the scumbags came out and said they'd miraculously reached the 100,000 testing target which was a blatant lie and refused to admit it, if they were open and honest and said that we understand why Dominic Cummings did what he did but it was a mistake, we apologise then it would at least take a bit of the heat out of this. But this charade that he hasn't gone against the official advice is so mind bendingly deceitful and patronising and a blatant insult to everyone who has been following the rules that it's hardly a surprise when virtually the entire country (apart from couple of die hards) are absolutely furious. There hasn't been this much unity on NSC for example since The Complete And Utter Shyster sent off Stephens!

Yup, you're spot on. I'm partisan, and entirely comfortable with justifying my position, which is normally against the Tories. But I've never known such a despised decision that has more-or-less united the whole country against this lot. They won't survive this.
We need a national government to see us through this desperate situation.
We need a full, rapid, thorough, frank public enquiry put in place.
And then we need a general election, and get these shysters out of our lives. Enough of their Etonian games with the public.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reality has been usurped by wokeness and PC bollocks. Here's a chap got a good grip on things in my view.@44 minutes in he nails why we are so antagonistic towards 'the other'. Start from the begining if you have the time.
Frankly, I see Cummings as a breath of fresh air, and I'll be glad if he rides it out. I am sick to the teeth of 'Gotcha' Politics and journalism, when in fact, the whole world is pondering what's the right thing to do, in unique circumstances....and every 'Sharon on Facebook' is now an expert epidemiologist, virologist, and Planning guru.Where no-one can do simple maths, and everyone thinks they will live forever, despite congenital or life-choice caused illness. I always thought 'Yes Minister' was a comedy, ....turns out it was a fekking instruction manual.

Just to avoid confusion, you used to post as Looney didn't you? Apologies if I have got that wrong.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I can't take anyone seriously anyone that uses the word 'woke' and isn't either a) 13 or b) not being ironic.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm sorry - I didn't realise you were skint. The way you bang on about your lifestyle I imagined you were having it large. That makes a difference. In adversity we all scope around for solutions. I have nothing to offer you as I know nothing about Swedish society.

Here....we have a system....it is a bit shit but we thought we understood it....till now. We have never been lied to as much and as badly as recently, and there will be consequences.

As it happens, I took some interest in anarchy as a political philospohy at one point. I binned it when I realised it is the doctrine of dispair. You have to engage with the others because you can't exist in a hut in the woods on your own.

Anarchy would likely be shit because the weakest would suffer even more under it.

However, what have the Fabians ever really achieved for the downtrodden? Things are no better now than they ever were.

I'm on Malcolm X's side on all this and not Martin Luther King's.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yup, you're spot on. I'm partisan, and entirely comfortable with justifying my position, which is normally against the Tories. But I've never known such a despised decision that has more-or-less united the whole country against this lot. They won't survive this.
We need a national government to see us through this desperate situation.
We need a full, rapid, thorough, frank public enquiry put in place.
And then we need a general election, and get these shysters out of our lives. Enough of their Etonian games with the public.

Dream on.

Yoda

English & European
How do you know Uncle in a position to look after a child. I repeat if my wife and I had symptoms my first thought would be to get our child to familiar surroundings where it can be looked after 24hrs a day in case we get full blown virus.Sod rules in these circumstances I wouldnt care if this was one or two hundred miles. May not admit it but am sure most on here would do the same, As a matter of interest I voted labour

Someone I work with (IT within the NHS) came down with symptoms, as did his wife. They have a four year old daughter. Got tested which came back positive for them both. Do you know what they did? That's right, followed the Governments guidelines and self isolated in their house until recovered. Their nearest childcare option would've been like *******s, way up north, in Yorkshire. They didn't risk driving all that distance while either waiting for the results or after they got the results back. If they can, and many others who have had to, follow the guidance. Why can't he?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Sunday Times today is devastating as to the detailed timeline of the governments response handling of this. Like most nations with densely populated cities, we were never going to come out of this well, but Johnson and his merry men have turned this crisis into an outright catastrophe.

The fact that in the entire world, we are ONLY behind Donald Trump in terms of the ineptitude of our response speaks volumes. We have a population of 66m, and 36k are dead. They have a population of 330m, and 96k are dead.

Anyone ok with those numbers ?

Trump, Bolsanaro and then Johnson. If you vote for them, accept the consequences.
Once you've realised you've made a colossal error, you can admit to it or, even better, you can do all you can to atone for your error.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here