Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Therefore I think that the rest of us who fail to mobilise in the meantime should hang our heads in shame.

I will be rejoining the labour party first thing tomorrow. And I will, for the first time in my 62 years, start taking an active role in the long road to ridding the country of this deplorable **** and all his lackeys. I shall think of it as an investment in the future.

As it’s not a music thread I won’t post Billy Bragg’s ‘Days Like These’ but the principles are the same as when he wrote that about Thatcher’s Government.
The Gov’t have been an embarrassment which is becoming more evident day by day - no leadership, clown like performances - Spitting Image couldn’t have made it as bad as it is.

You’re right H - if it wasn’t for the Albion I think I’d take permanent exile in Ireland. In the meantime I think I’ll sign up too!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is all so over the top. If all he did was to make decision to drive child to Durham so it could be cared for in case him and wife got virus. Sorry but if my wife and I both had symptoms and had a young child my first thought would be to get child to a close relative . In our case that would be Portsmouth. We have nobody close enough that I could ask that live nearer that would be in a position to.
Different matter if he returned to Durham from London at a later date. Is this true or just media talk.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYw49b4XgAEl4wg?format=jpg&name=large

The guidelines set by the government he advises may be over the top are being followed by many many people around the country. The problem is not the logic in what he did to breach the guidelines it is the fact that he did breach the guidelines. People have been fined and more, for breaching them and he should be fully investigated.

His actions may well have been logical but at this time people want a government with integrity. To have a senior advisor to the PM breaching their own guidelines show little integrity and no regard for the people they govern who are trying to do the right thing, even in heartbreaking circumstances.

Do you really believe that it is 'over the top' to be disgusted by this blatant case of 'one rule for the government, and another for the rest of us?'

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As it’s not a music thread I won’t post Billy Bragg’s ‘Days Like These’ but the principles are the same as when he wrote that about Thatcher’s Government.
The Gov’t have been an embarrassment which is becoming more evident day by day - no leadership, clown like performances - Spitting Image couldn’t have made it as bad as it is.

You’re right H - if it wasn’t for the Albion I think I’d take permanent exile in Ireland. In the meantime I think I’ll sign up too!

Sweet moderation, heart of this nation, desert us not, we are between the wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVEf9NefHAo

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well said that man. With Starmer in charge we actually have a potential leader of integrity, intelligence, and good sense. The polar opposite of BoJo and his cronies. The last few days (culminating in the press conference this afternoon) have re-energised me politically. Time to get active again!

To early to judge Starmer in my opinion

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I agree.

We can't vote him out for another four and a half years.

His front bench team (at least half of them) have been tweeting his official line.

His backbenchers (apart from 7 or 8) are silent.

He is not a stranger to telling lies and brazening it out with a smirk.

He is not a stranger to being caught out doing disgraceful things and 'moving on' ('Hang Nelson Mandela', anyone?).

He is not a stranger to persuading himself that whatever he does is right.

So, yes. It won't make a jot of difference to the man.

And if it doesn't make a difference to the electorate in the long term then, as others have said, the nation gets the government it deserves.

Therefore I think that the rest of us who fail to mobilise in the meantime should hang our heads in shame.

I will be rejoining the labour party first thing tomorrow. And I will, for the first time in my 62 years, start taking an active role in the long road to ridding the country of this deplorable **** and all his lackeys. I shall think of it as an investment in the future.

Well said!

And all power to your elbow :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There was a time when scallywag ministers had a shred of decency. ‘On 5 June 1963, Profumo was forced to admit that he had lied to the House in March when he denied an affair with Keeler, which at that time was an unforgivable offence in British politics. Profumo resigned from office, from the House, and from the Privy Council.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And then he worked as a fundraiser for a charity for much of his life and was later given a CBE for his services....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Hmm...I’m not a fan of either but Thatcher ruled with more authority than BJ......but then it’s only been in power for a short period

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Imagine being so much of a c*nt you have to drive 230 miles to get someone to help you out with childcare

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Sunday Times today is devastating as to the detailed timeline of the governments response handling of this. Like most nations with densely populated cities, we were never going to come out of this well, but Johnson and his merry men have turned this crisis into an outright catastrophe.

The fact that in the entire world, we are ONLY behind Donald Trump in terms of the ineptitude of our response speaks volumes. We have a population of 66m, and 36k are dead. They have a population of 330m, and 96k are dead.

Anyone ok with those numbers ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Sunday Times today is devastating as to the timeline of the governments handling of this. Like most nations with densely populated cities, we were never going to come out of this well, but Johnson and his merry men have turned a crisis into an outright catastrophe.

The fact that we are only behind Donald Trump in terms of the ineptitude of our response speaks volumes. We have a population of 66m, and 36k are dead. They have a population of 330m, and 96k are dead.

Well when you put it like that it’s hard to disagree isn’t it

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m glad to see this deceit by the Government has re-energised some posters political enthusiasms, for me, it’s a tad different.
I joined the Labour Party in Corbyns early days, I toyed with the idea under Milliband, but, decided I agreed with the more left of centre policies of Corbyn enough to back him. After the disappointment of the last election, and Starmers election as leader, I considered leaving the party, as I don’t want to be a member of a centre party.
After Starmer not tearing up the majority of Corbyns policies, and his subsequent enviceration of Johnson at PMQs, I have decided to hold my hand, and give him more time.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
What they say over here about Trump applies equally to Johnson

"When you elect a clown expect a circus" - and that's exactly what you've got

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thanks for your contribution.

In this country we can join (or even form) political parties. The electoral reform society looks after elections within the major parties, and at large. We can organise, mobilise and vote.

Meanwhile...we understand politicians being economical with the truth. We understand vested interests, bias towards particular agendas. We take note.

What we deplore is dilettante coke-sniffing skirt-chasing narcissists pissing all over the political system and rising to great office, for nothing more than an ego tickle. Mentioning no names.

You are welcome to anarchy, but you may find that you won't be able to expand it beyond the pile of stinky underpants in your bedroom, or the contagion of unwashed dishes in what passes for your sink. Until you pay someone, probably some poor immigrant, to clean up your gaff. While you smoke dope. And watch Netflix.

And we think Boris has a sense of self-entitlement ???

Yes you can join and form political parties and their membership have decreased with 65% since the 80s. Why? Because the system is shit. You can organise and mobilise (but in reality only if the establishment acknowledges, approves and publicise it) and you can vote (which corrupt idiot do you pick?), but none of it matters. None of it has any effect because the people only believe they rule, they dont really.

As for your second last paragraph, any kind of anarchy and rebellion has been made impossible by fat, rich, white fellas born in the 1940s and 1950s defending the privileges they more or less automatically gained during a time of never before and never again seen prosperity, since your strong belief in your own superiority in contrast to the "lazy, dumb kids of today" protected you from seeing the beloved system crush the people who are not you.

I can barely pay my rent, the weed I buy gets me one week of freedom from existential worries with the tradeoff that I cant afford to eat for the last two weeks of every month, and as for the "apartment" you described worryingly well, there's not a chance I can do washing or dishing in the constant misery.

That would all be fine and well if it was just me but this is the reality of A LOT of people born in the 80s and 90s, in my country and in yours, and one day that I hope you live to see, we will crush your beloved system - unfortunately in a way neither you or me approve. And your generation, reaping the benefits of the Thatchers of the world, are to blame - always waving your tails when the masters come with a little cookie, with no regard for what was really happening and how it would shape the future.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To early to judge Starmer in my opinion

Indeed.

But based on what I know I will back him against our present incumbent, and actively so, and I'm starting tomorrow.

Basically I feel like I'm in a boat with a hole in it, and we have no hole fixing equipment, but we have a captain who made the first hole and is about to shoot again. For a laugh. Meanwhile there is a bloke 'over there' with a hole fixing machine he says may work, and a gun to shoot the **** out of our mad captain.

I'm IN!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The Sunday Times today is devastating as to the detailed timeline of the governments response handling of this. Like most nations with densely populated cities, we were never going to come out of this well, but Johnson and his merry men have turned this crisis into an outright catastrophe.

The fact that in the entire world, we are ONLY behind Donald Trump in terms of the ineptitude of our response speaks volumes. We have a population of 66m, and 36k are dead. They have a population of 330m, and 96k are dead.

When you take into account population density is it a fair comparison? Don’t get me wrong, I think Johnson has been awful, but we are much more densely populated country than the USA and therefore everything else being even we would come off worse.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m glad to see this deceit by the Government has re-energised some posters political enthusiasms, for me, it’s a tad different.
I joined the Labour Party in Corbyns early days, I toyed with the idea under Milliband, but, decided I agreed with the more left of centre policies of Corbyn enough to back him. After the disappointment of the last election, and Starmers election as leader, I considered leaving the party, as I don’t want to be a member of a centre party.
After Starmer not tearing up the majority of Corbyns policies, and his subsequent enviceration of Johnson at PMQs, I have decided to hold my hand, and give him more time.

John Smith being leader nearly got me to join the Labour Party

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Indeed.

But based on what I know I will back him against our present incumbent, and actively so, and I'm starting tomorrow.

Basically I feel like I'm in a boat with a hole in it, and we have no hole fixing equipment, but we have a captain who made the first hole and is about to shoot again. For a laugh. Meanwhile there is a bloke 'over there' with a hole fixing machine he says may work, and a gun to shoot the **** out of our mad captain.

I'm IN!

LOL...What an analogy...,made me laugh

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Hmm...I’m not a fan of either but Thatcher ruled with more authority than BJ......but then it’s only been in power for a short period

I get that completely - she definitely showed decisive leadership(all be it disastrous imo) whereas BJ is a clown with no backbone at all. He doesn’t want to fire DC because he thinks he’ll be even worse without him! My reference to BB was that the song ends with ‘Wearing badges is not enough in days like these’ which I was comparing to HWT’s call to arms. I think I’ll go and listen to it again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here