Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My 97 Yr old mother who votes tory, and who voted for Brexit (something she now regrets) and has been stuck in her flat since March is ****ing livid.
As for the idea that a lock down has no meaning, CZ locked down on March 12th with face masks obligatory etc. Czech fatalities less than 300

If you do it in time the lockdowns can be very effective (at least in the moment, we'll see later), but if you - like the UK - wait for two or three weeks too long when the disease is already deep in the society.. **** knows how efficient it is.

Thats a different subject though, if there's still a subject around here.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
If you do it in time the lockdowns can be very effective (at least in the moment, we'll see later), but if you - like the UK - wait for two or three weeks too long when the disease is already deep in the society.. **** knows how efficient it is.

Thats a different subject though, if there's still a subject around here.

Well yeah. The govt was negligent imo. When they had a couple of weeks to see what was occurring they did **** all. When the lockdowns started here on March 12th, Johnsos advice on the same day to the country was 'wash your hands'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a guy (Cummings). Reasonable and legal. No apology.

Why did he do it? For the reason given by all psychopaths. Because he could, because he wanted to.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Reminds me of the Prince Andrew interview. Arrogance personified.

Two questions
1. What employee wouldn’t tell his employer he’s suddenly taken off. Especially as his argument is he was a key person for government and needs to get back ASAP.
2. When his son was taken to hospital in Durham by his wife did she tell the hospital her husband had Covid symptoms?

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
They must REALLY think we are idiots!! Driving 30 miles to test his eyesight!!! With his wife and child in the car??!!! If that was remotely true we would have heard it yesterday (or before). It's absolutely clear that they've been searching around for an excuse, and concocted this. It's worse than the proverbial "dog ate my homework".

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That was a car crash. I have even less confidence in this Government.

He has to go.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Two questions
1. What employee wouldn’t tell his employer he’s suddenly taken off. Especially as his argument is he was a key person for government and needs to get back ASAP.
2. When his son was taken to hospital in Durham by his wife did she tell the hospital her husband had Covid symptoms?

Another couple of questions;
If he was testing his skills for a drive to London why not go for a short trip down the A1 ?
How did sitting by a river in Barnard Castle help him practice his driving skills ?
This, in my opinion, is the weakest part of his case and it is a shame that the journalists did not press him more.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They must REALLY think we are idiots!! Driving 30 miles to test his eyesight!!! With his wife and child in the car??!!! If that was remotely true we would have heard it yesterday (or before). It's absolutely clear that they've been searching around for an excuse, and concocted this. It's worse than the proverbial "dog ate my homework".

It really is incredible isn't it! The mind boggles as to who came up with that one.

Do they really think everyone is that stupid? I suppose they must.

Their level of contempt for the people they govern is just astonishing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another couple of questions;
If he was testing his skills for a drive to London why not go for a short trip down the A1 ?
How did sitting by a river in Barnard Castle help him practice his driving skills ?
This, in my opinion, is the weakest part of his case and it is a shame that the journalists did not press him more.

And then a stop off at some bluebell woods for a pee stop for the nipper, that then turns into playtime for said nipper and a short family walk.

All to test if he was fit to drive back to London.

Incredible!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Spot the difference:

Mr Jolly

Mr Jolly.PNG

A Jolly

A jolly.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you are shameless about lying and absolutely don't give a shit about what anyone says or thinks then, without proof that you're lying, you are fireproof.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He sort of reminded me of Ted Bundy who defended himself as a serial killer on trial, quite clever but everyone could see he was lying through his teeth.
It remains to be seen if justice is served in the same way.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Two questions

And the whole point of not going to second homes and so on was so that the local NHS could cope with the resident population. He can't say that he did not add to the NHS issues in the NE by his additional presence, as his boy went to hospital - taking valuable resources.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
He sort of reminded me of Ted Bundy who defended himself as a serial killer on trial, quite clever but everyone could see he was lying through his teeth.
It remains to be seen if justice is served in the same way.

I was trying to think of a crime to compare what Dominic Cummings did to. Think you have hit the nail on the head with Ted Bundy. A man who committed at least 30 murders, rapes and kidnaps of women and young girls.

Ted Bundy was executed for his crimes. Surly thay have got to bring back the death penalty for Cummings?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Johnson basically ignoring any questions on Cummings.

Backhand slice, forehand smash, in at the net and playing off the baseline too. What a performance!

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
And the whole point of not going to second homes and so on was so that the loval NHS could cope with the resident population. He can't say that he did not add to the NHS issues in the NE by his additional presence, as his boy went to hospital - taking valuable resources.

But he did lessen the burden on hospitals in London :whistle:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I was trying to think of a crime to compare what Dominic Cummings did to. Think you have hit the nail on the head with Ted Bundy. A man who committed at least 30 murders, rapes and kidnaps of women and young girls.

Ted Bundy was executed for his crimes. Surly thay have got to bring back the death penalty for Cummings?

I was just comparing media coverage and trying to defend the indefensible.
Resignation seems to be the fair punishment in this case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here