Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Pict2808.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The worst ones were always at Palace & Southampton (the Dell), which were far too shallow to allow a satisfactory net-busting experience. They should have shortened the pitch by a yard or so to allow for a deeper goal net. Typical stupid Palace. They'll probably introduce goal music next.

Oh.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Goal nets these days are so boring they all look the same
Big square nets held back by two poles every ground has the same design
Back in the day( 70s 80s ) I could tell you what ground it was just by looking at the nets .
Remember Hampden Park big square Posts Wembley with the green stanching encased with flowing nets , even palace had sexy goal posts & nets Goodison park had a lovely ripple when the ball hit the back off the net
But the best & sexiest nets belong to Mexico 1970 watch the Final brazil v Italy I never get tired of seeing the ball ripple those lovely nets or what about when Trevor Brooking scored for England against Hungary & the ball got stuck in the stanching does anybody else share this love affair I have with sexy goal nets or is it just me , I don't know how to post pictures on NSC but if anyone could post any pictures of sexy old fashioned nets & posts I'd be very grateful

I think this was one of my first memories of an England goal.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Gone the same way of many good things from footballs past sadly.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I remember brazil scoring a few double whammy goals where the ball would rebound out of the net for Eder or Zico to smash it back into an empty net think it was in Spain 82 world cup

As Alan Partridge would say...........Eat That!!!.........................and another!

Last edited:

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Top thread. Makes me feel less nerdy cos i like a nicely constructed goal. My favourite was the nets they had at world cup 90 in italy. They hung quite loosely and were really bunched at the bottom so when someone hit a screamer the ball just kept going. Then the keeper had to spend 10 minutes wading through netting to get the ball back.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
They're nice like, Everton have Blue ones but you can't really see it ripple when the ball goes in. I hate the plain white square goal nets, we had nice nets last season (black and white diagonal) but they're boring white nets again now.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
This is a great thread. Thanks [MENTION=22252]T soprano[/MENTION]!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here