Sexy goal nets where they all gone ?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
jdqwmbgfhjg.jpg

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Watch out for the thick square posts and the deep nets...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Can't find a pic but I love the deep nets as used in Mexico '86.

I HATE those black nets as used by Man City. Very unsexy. You can't even see the bulge!

images
Yeah agree don't like black nets get lost in the crowd sometimes can't see if it's in the net or not , can't remember what Italian club it was but their nets were red White & green looked great

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i love the old nets like at anfield in the 70's.....the net would drape and sag, and fall only a few inches from the goalline.

a goal would always look like "hot shot hamish" had scored (lost on those who never read the amazing tiger comic in the late 80s).

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Can't find a pic but I love the deep nets as used in Mexico '86.

I HATE those black nets as used by Man City. Very unsexy. You can't even see the bulge!

images

I understand the HawkEye system requires black nets. Therefore, should FIFA approve this particular technology, you will see a lot more of this unsexy design.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
i love the old nets like at anfield in the 70's.....the net would drape and sag, and fall only a few inches from the goalline.

a goal would always look like "hot shot hamish" had scored (lost on those who never read the amazing tiger comic in the late 80s).[/QUOTE glad were singing from the same hymn sheet the Anfield nets were good , thought johnny dexter of Danchester united had a more powerful shot than hamish

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Great thread

I remember Alan Shearer once saying he wanted the ball to nestle in the back of the net and stay there.

I'm fond of a nice taut net - the type where the goalscorer's shot rebounds out and, as part of the celebration, he can smash the ball into Row Z. Kind of a 'double-whammy'. Rare, but beautiful.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Clive Allen scoring for palace not given when it hit the station and came out.classic.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I can't get YouTube at work, but would this be a good moment for someone to dig out the Clive Allen free-kick for Crystal Palace that went in, straight back out again and wasn't given? Or the goal Crystal Palace scored that hit the back bar of the goal against Bristol City - and wasn't given?

Actually, the Trevor Brooking goal for England against Hungary that got stuck in the 'staunchion' (© Jimmy Hill) is still the best.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Great thread

I remember Alan Shearer once saying he wanted the ball to nestle in the back of the net and stay there.

I'm fond of a nice taut net - the type where the goalscorer's shot rebounds out and, as part of the celebration, he can smash the ball into Row Z. Kind of a 'double-whammy'. Rare, but beautiful.
I remember brazil scoring a few double whammy goals where the ball would rebound out of the net for Eder or Zico to smash it back into an empty net think it was in Spain 82 world cup

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Great thread

Deff this, I love a 'double whammy'. have some of that.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Didn't Albion used to have blue/white strped nets, if my memory serves me correctly??

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
The old Upton park goalnets were so shallow that you needed goal line technology to check the whole of the ball was over the line even when it hit the back of the net.
PA-720377.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here