seven nuclear submarines

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There is always one of those out, there hasn't been a day in the last 40 years when we haven't had at least one of our Ballistic Nuc subs out .

I should bloody well hope so. I wouldn't want to think we've been wasting our money for the last 40 years .

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hanging on the wall? Hope one of them doesn't accidentally fall. Then there would only be 6 nuclear submarines.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
None operational according to the report on the news, so what are we doing ? Buying another 4...You couldn't make it up

Best not google Type 45 destroyer and engine trouble then.....teething problems.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is such a HUGE story, they don't even have it on their News page, or their UK News page.

I had to Google it, and came up with three newspaper articles, of which I chose to link the Independant. I couldn't find it on the BBC website.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Would be a complete shambles if they didn't have some of the diesel/electric boats to play with,and back up from NATO.Perhaps the EU navy could assist?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you think the MOD tell the BBC everything ?

The articles just say sources and reports. There's not a single quote in the whole story. The number of people who know where a Trident submarine is at any one time, can be counted on one hand.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry,the link thingy doesn't want to play;
navy.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
duJnm.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports