Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Seriously, this government is failing us. Schools closing...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
"There are more children in good or outstanding schools in this country than at any previous time in our history"

"Conservatives delivering for the people of Britain"

The reason as I am sure you are aware is that the syllabus has been modified to ensure test results fit the inspection criteria and where the pupils don't match the requirements they can find themselves excluded which is something that never happened twenty years ago

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No, you’re ranting and sound like a simpleton with your rich country = better public services equation. That’s what I took away from your OP. And since you’ve pissed me off, I’ll add that you’ve come on here, all blinkered and wanting everyone to massage your self righteous opinion, didn’t understand a perfectly decent point, draw the wrong conclusion, insult me (first) and then have the gall to cry foul when you cop some back. Perhaps just do everyone a favour and shut up. I haven’t got time to indulge your ego any further but as if anyone doesn’t think every social sector needs more money...

What were you saying about ranting? :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Actually, no, perhaps I won't contribute to this debate....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
National debt is rising by £5170 a second,how do we pay for everything and deal with the debt?

Very good question. And I don’t have the answer personally but I tell you what I’d do, call Angela Merkel and ask how Germany can deliver brilliant and free education up to PhD level as well first class public health, first class public transport and also find time to win the World Cup a few times. If the stupid square headed Germans can do it the question should be why can’t you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You left there when you were four.

Six.. wrong again

I have been back many times. I have many relations who still live there....

Anyway why am I justifying myself to you. Tell me that ...do you find some perverse reason in picking me up?

If you don't like what I post, don't fecking read it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Are you seriously suggesting £500M a week and rising is not having an impact on our services? You can’t be that stupid, can you?
This ridiculous folly is bankrupting the U.K.
That’s not conjecture. That’s fact. Schools are closing early because of it.
But no amount of evidence presented to you would pursuade you. Doesn’t fit your narrative.

Fascinating how on this thread earlier, you asked another poster, when aimed at you, to refrain from insults. Hypocrite. Of course cuts will have an effect, and some schools may well close early - the vast majority won't will they? Just because the guardian, surprise surprise, sees it's chance with news of a primary school in Stockport, you and your ilk jump on it to claim all sorts of catastrophes. I have links with 4 schools, having taught all my working life, and whilst they acknowledge that life is tough, as we know it is, none reports the sort of issues that the guardian claims is true of that school.
In fact, I can't find any reference prior to your post to 500 million and also cannot see why the country will be bankrupted due to cuts, which I assume your figure represents. I am sure it is clear in your mind, but please explain to me.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shock horror your government doesn't care about you.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Very good question. And I don’t have the answer personally but I tell you what I’d do, call Angela Merkel and ask how Germany can deliver brilliant and free education up to PhD level as well first class public health, first class public transport and also find time to win the World Cup a few times. If the stupid square headed Germans can do it the question should be why can’t you.

As you know, my experience of Germany is probably as close as your's, and I suggest that the Germans expect good service, and, in contrast to Britain, are prepared to pay for it. They are much quicker to complain and this keeps the provider of services on their toes. In Britain, we hope to get it on the cheap and are all too happy to accept second best. Whilst I am no economist, I do regularly hear that productivity in Britain is low, and this must surely play a part. I would also say that in general the Germans take more pride in what they do in the workplace - I bet that you, like I, have rarely if ever had a bad meal/hotel room/ contractor etc etc. Of course there will be problems in Germany, but with regard to service in general, their attitude is collectively far better.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Very good question. And I don’t have the answer personally but I tell you what I’d do, call Angela Merkel and ask how Germany can deliver brilliant and free education up to PhD level as well first class public health, first class public transport and also find time to win the World Cup a few times.

higher taxes and lower defense spending.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No one’s talking about universities per se, you need to re-read the thread.

I’m as big a fan as uni’s as you, having been to one. Proud of Sussex and Brighton Uni’s, and the global standing of so many of our uni’s.

The specific chat was whether overseas students should be included in numbers entering the UK stats, adding to strain on infrastructure/public resources. A poster did, another posted questioned their inclusion, then I gave my opinion why they should.

Yeah, fair. I was commenting on an indirect topic to your post.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As you know, my experience of Germany is probably as close as your's, and I suggest that the Germans expect good service, and, in contrast to Britain, are prepared to pay for it. They are much quicker to complain and this keeps the provider of services on their toes. In Britain, we hope to get it on the cheap and are all too happy to accept second best. Whilst I am no economist, I do regularly hear that productivity in Britain is low, and this must surely play a part. I would also say that in general the Germans take more pride in what they do in the workplace - I bet that you, like I, have rarely if ever had a bad meal/hotel room/ contractor etc etc. Of course there will be problems in Germany, but with regard to service in general, their attitude is collectively far better.

:thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Six.. wrong again

I have been back many times. I have many relations who still live there....

Anyway why am I justifying myself to you. Tell me that ...do you find some perverse reason in picking me up?

If you don't like what I post, don't fecking read it.

In real life who knows but on here TB is very strange, almost like if you went to Tenerife on cruise she went to Elevenerife....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Totally agree about us Brits looking to do things on the cheap, almost all the consumer horror stories you hear are often loosely at the very least to someone cutting corners or looking for cheap services etc. When new businesses open up rather than looking to be better than their competitors they want to be cheaper!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here