Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Serhou Guirassy

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
Serhou Guirassy is not just the leading goal scorer in bundesliga. He has scored 13 goals in 7 games. Most prolific start to the season ever (better than both Lewandowski and a certain Haaland). He has a release clause that activates in the summer believed to be just under €20M, but could possibly be sold for way above that figure in january if he keeps up the tempo.

At the moment he looks like he is capable of shooting Stuttgart to CL, so I guess they'll keep him as they'd probably value CL above the extra €.

I think Guirassy will get a hefty salary at his next club.

Other than that he sounds just like our kind of target. Great player, under valued and under the radar(well, not anymore)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Serhou Guirassy is not just the leading goal scorer in bundesliga. He has scored 13 goals in 7 games. Most prolific start to the season ever (better than both Lewandowski and a certain Haaland). He has a release clause that activates in the summer believed to be just under €20M, but could possibly be sold for way above that figure in january if he keeps up the tempo.

At the moment he looks like he is capable of shooting Stuttgart to CL, so I guess they'll keep him as they'd probably value CL above the extra €.

Other than that he sounds just like our kind of target. Great player, under valued and under the radar(well, not anymore

Guirassy at Stuttgart has scored 13 goals in 614 minutes on the pitch across 7 games, for an average of a goal every 47.25 minutes. He also has one assist
One of Stuttgarts other forwards has scored 2 in 73 minutes of football across 4 games, for an average of a goal every 36.5 minutes. He also has one assist

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Other than that he sounds just like our kind of target. Great player, under valued and under the radar(well, not anymore)
Undav in a PX deal might help our cause.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Guirassy at Stuttgart has scored 13 goals in 614 minutes on the pitch across 7 games, for an average of a goal every 47.25 minutes. He also has one assist
One of Stuttgarts other forwards has scored 2 in 73 minutes of football across 4 games, for an average of a goal every 36.5 minutes. He also has one assist

Ridiculous stats even for Bundesliga where offensive numbers are usually inflated. Clearly not sustainable over longer period, not even prime CR or Messi could score in average almost 2 goals per game for a whole season so he'll cool down sooner or later.

Never seen him play, will try to catch one of upcoming Stuttgart games. Will probably stop scoring when I'll watch him though. :LOL:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ridiculous stats even for Bundesliga where offensive numbers are usually inflated. Clearly not sustainable over longer period, not even prime CR or Messi could score in average almost 2 goals per game for a whole season so he'll cool down sooner or later.

Never seen him play, will try to catch one of upcoming Stuttgart games. Will probably stop scoring when I'll watch him though. :LOL:
You have seen the other forward play though, the one with better goals per minute than Guirassy.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
As Baldseagull says, both of these lads could do a job?
Screenshot_2023-10-22-10-41-14-799_com.mobilefootie.wc2010.png

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The low release clause does make it a lot more likely that we are interested. Didnmt know he had that and thought he’d be going for a lot more.

The low price, Welbeck’s injury and age, Ferguson’s form and need for game time to be managed and Fati only being on loan mean it is suddenly quite an attractive option. Would imagine there will be a LOT of competition at that price though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The low release clause does make it a lot more likely that we are interested. Didnmt know he had that and thought he’d be going for a lot more.

The low price, Welbeck’s injury and age, Ferguson’s form and need for game time to be managed and Fati only being on loan mean it is suddenly quite an attractive option. Would imagine there will be a LOT of competition at that price though.
But presumably a low release clause doesn’t mean he would go for that figure - just the trigger for an potential bidding war.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
But presumably a low release clause doesn’t mean he would go for that figure - just the trigger for an potential bidding war.
There’d be no point bidding more than the release clause - if the player chooses you, it doesn’t matter whether you’ve bid the actual release clause or £20m more. You’d be better served saving that money for a higher signing on fee and salary for the player to beat off your rivals.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I thought that when it was first mentioned we were in for Fati
Fair point but loan at current top end salary vs permanent on 4 year contract is very different.

Depends whether pull of de zerbi making him better and ultimately more valuable will outweigh bigger immediate salary.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
we need to buy defenders, not another forward! we already have a welbeck replacement and he’s doing very well for rangers (including in europe, before anyone mentions the quality of that league)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There’d be no point bidding more than the release clause - if the player chooses you, it doesn’t matter whether you’ve bid the actual release clause or £20m more. You’d be better served saving that money for a higher signing on fee and salary for the player to beat off your rivals.
Agreed, but if a club bids the release clause, it doesn’t stop somebody else bidding higher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here