Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Serhou Guirassy

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Has NSC appointed a dedicated plane tracker for the evening?
If coming to Lancing he must be arriving shortly, probably Shoreham.
We need to cover all bases

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
From BBC Sport:
Screenshot_20231012_084913_BBC Sport.jpg

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There was some made up nonsense yesterday that said De Zerbi wants him, for when Ferguson is sold in January. I doubt there is any more to it than that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was going to post about this yesterday but 90min don't actually mention us in their article, which is here:

But more than that - this has the feel of an Owen/Kanchelskis kind of deal...

Linked with him in 2016: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/sehrou-guirassy.339065/

Linked with him in 2020: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/serhou-guirassy-amiens-striker-bid-made.378005/

Linked with him in 2021: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/serhou-guirassy.378419/

Linked with him in 2022 per the earlier posts in this thread.

And linked with him in 2023, now.

Will we ever get our man?!?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good player but would seem to be a strange one for us bearing in mind the striking options we already have.
You assume we aren't going to be selling anyone?

Our model is based on 1/2 big sales each season, it seems. Ferguson and Estupinan are next on the conveyor belt, I predict.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If we are likely to sell Ferguson in January, then we will need a striker but surely , we need at least 2 defenders?

CB and LB needed .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You assume we aren't going to be selling anyone?

Our model is based on 1/2 big sales each season, it seems. Ferguson and Estupinan are next on the conveyor belt, I predict.
IMO Ferguson is not ready for a big move. He needs at least this and another season with us.

Welbeck’s age might be more of a reason to look for another striker but I’d be surprised if we paid big money for a 27 year old who is doing well in a big league already like Guirassy. More of a West Ham and Crystal Palace signing I would have thought.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Maybe we are looking at a Welbeck replacement. Not that DW is going anywhere soon, but maybe we’re looking at options for next season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
IMO Ferguson is not ready for a big move. He needs at least this and another season with us.
I agree. But we've seen players go before they should a number of times. You're probably right in that he should stay another 1-2 seasons at least. Perhaps it'll be Enciso attracted by a big money offer from somewhere in Europe.

My point stands though - our entire model is based on regular sales of our top players.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If we are likely to sell Ferguson in January, then we will need a striker but surely , we need at least 2 defenders?

CB and LB needed .
Do we? I’m not saying we don’t, but we’ve seen JPVH & Igor settling in nicely at CB, and Lamptey & March providing back up LB options. Next summer we might look again at these positions, maybe a left back in January, but we’re not screaming for additions.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I agree. But we've seen players go before they should a number of times. You're probably right in that he should stay another 1-2 seasons at least. Perhaps it'll be Enciso attracted by a big money offer from somewhere in Europe.

My point stands though - our entire model is based on regular sales of our top players.
Absutely that’s our model, I just don’t think Guirassy is the type of player we would sign as a replacement - limited sell on value.

I think Ferguson and his family are sensible enough to know they’re on to a good thing with us and he is still so young. Ferguson needs managing carefully physically, making the wrong move too soon for big money to a big club who put a lot of pressure on him to play could be a disaster for his career.

I agree about Enciso, he’s so ambitious I think he is more likely to go sooner than Ferguson subject to his return from injury going well. Likewise, I think Estupinan will probably go sooner rather than later. Desperately hope we can get Barco and then I’d be happy for Estupinan to go in January or next summer for big money.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Do we? I’m not saying we don’t, but we’ve seen JPVH & Igor settling in nicely at CB, and Lamptey & March providing back up LB options. Next summer we might look again at these positions, maybe a left back in January, but we’re not screaming for additions.
Igor looks good but went off with a ,possible injury, Lamptey has pulled out of the Ghana squad as he is injured (Weeks or Months?)
Dunk, legend that he is has been shaky recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here