Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Blatter: Coca-Cola say Fifa president must stand down

Yoda

English & European
Just goes to prove how morally corrupt Blatter is when he suspends others under investigation, but when it's his turn it's another story.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think its a Disgrace that Football should be Dicatated to by the Multinationals.

Actually I don't. Surprisingly for a lefty I generally find that big companies have little more agenda than wanting to ensure they can bask in the second hand daylight of virtue, and not endorse something that makes them look bad. I guess its just been a bit of a surprise this one has taken so long.

I still think the big assciations should walk, and form their own new association where Real Clout (size and money) call the tune, rather than so called 'emerging' football nations with the voting power to keep the likes of Blatter in office for ever.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I still think the big assciations should walk, and form their own new association where Real Clout (size and money) call the tune, rather than so called 'emerging' football nations with the voting power to keep the likes of Blatter in office for ever.
Completely agree with this. Trouble is, who will be brave enough to break ranks? Anyone seriously believe the FA have the balls?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In a way it doesn't matter if he resigns or not, now. He has zero authority left and all he is doing is sitting in his office deleting emails and trying to stop his shredder from overheating.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think football fans could ramp up the pressure saying no more coke or Mcdondalds until Blatter goes. Fan power can work.
I've been doing this for a couple of years. I avoid all FIFA sponsors wherever possible, with the exception of my bank cards, which are too much hassle for me to change. I made it my signature. Very few people here felt the same.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Fifa needs to burn to the ground, it is rotten to the core. I honestly wouldn't trust one of its current employees to be an honest person.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've been doing this for a couple of years. I avoid all FIFA sponsors wherever possible, with the exception of my bank cards, which are too much hassle for me to change.

Me too No coke, no McDonalds. I couldn't change my debit card without changing banks, but I did cancel my credit card in favour of one from a rival company.

Don't think they noticed, though............................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Me too No coke, no McDonalds.
Budweiser is the biggest problem for me, so switched to Coors and the like. I didn't like ale, but I've just found out I like Doom Bar, so I'm on that at the moment.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
From the BBC:
Coca-Cola has called for Sepp Blatter to step down immediately from his role as Fifa president.
The American drinks company, a key Fifa sponsor, said: "Fifa needs comprehensive and urgent reform, and that can only be accomplished through a truly independent approach.
"Every day that passes Fifa's image and reputation continues to tarnish."
Last week Blatter, 79, said he would not stand down despite criminal proceedings being opened against him.

That'll hurt.

Says the company that is responsible for making a large number of Americans and the world diabetic.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Says the company that is responsible for making a large number of Americans and the world diabetic.

If you've got McDonald's and Coca Cola criticising you, two companies that have contributed significantly to childhood obesity and the privation of workers rights, that's when you know you've done something completely heinous.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Right , im off to the shops.
Hed better be gone by the time i get back !!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The UK government has added its voice to demands from sponsors for Fifa president Sepp Blatter to resign with immediate effect.

Swiss criminal proceedings were opened against the 79-year-old last week.

Sports Minister Tracey Crouch said: "The sooner Blatter goes, the sooner wide-scale reform at Fifa can begin."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here