Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
3f89c982a174f85717a7950d68e9f2db.jpg

Not going anywhere!!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sepp's profound, obsessive and inane attraction to being the President of FIFA is only matched by Golem's compulsion for getting the ring. Anyone who thinks Sepp will resign is delusional. Despite sponsors, criminal investigating, bribery & corruption; I believe he will keep his position unless someone shoots him. His apparent previous resignation was only done to buy him time to work out a way of staying on. He has a cult of personality at FIFA, he reminds me of L. Ron Hubbard - no better. The good thing is that his behaviour could eventually kill FIFA off altogether as we need to start again with a completely new organisation.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Late to the party. Yawn

THAT is exactly the problem. None of them had the balls to do anything all the while there was a possibilty that their competitors would step in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Blatter's regular McDonalds order: A shake, a MIllionpounder with lies and something to dip into on the side.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They're making vague noises of disapproval, yes, but I won't start cheering until the come out with something like, 'If Blatter hasn't gone by Thursday, we're pulling the plug'.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone who thinks Sepp will resign is delusional. Despite sponsors, criminal investigating, bribery & corruption; I believe he will keep his position unless someone shoots him.

He's another Rasputin:eek:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was talking to an American about this. He knows FA about football but asked me how could he get away with this for so long and why did it take the U.S. , a country which relatively speaking has minimal interest in world football, to finally press charges? Why didn't any of the big football countries investigate him years/decades ago?

I could not answer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was talking to an American about this. He knows FA about football but asked me how could he get away with this for so long and why did it take the U.S. , a country which relatively speaking has minimal interest in world football, to finally press charges? Why didn't any of the big football countries investigate him years/decades ago?

I could not answer.

Think you have answered your own question, or at least part of it.

They have a minamal interest, so do they really care if FIFA ban them/look down on them?

They worst thing FIFA could do was piss of America, they will hound FIFA till they win

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No doubt Blatter will still be refusing to resign and continuing to run FIFA from a prison cell.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
What other international company would tolerate its President/Chief executive being in post while under criminal investigation? It just shows how corrupt FIFA is. Unless the ethics committee suspends him, or he walks this charade will continue.

Everyone in football administration seems consumed by self interest or greed/corruption. Greg Dyke taking the high moral ground while supporting Platini is another example of the total ineptness of those in power who should be the guardians of the game.

Thank god for the investigative journalists who were dismissed by the European law agencies but listened to by the FBI. Without the Americans none of this would have seen the light of day and pushed Blatter to the edge of the cliff. If the sponsors are the ones who give the final push so much the better.

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think football fans could ramp up the pressure saying no more coke or Mcdondalds until Blatter goes. Fan power can work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here