Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Selling players next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We could potentially have a much improved squad next season without buying a single player. With White, Clarke, Molumby and possibly Tau/Mac Allister coming in to replace Balogun, Duffy, Locadia, Ali J and Andone. Not to mention a fit again Izquierdo.
It's almost as if there's a plan.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We could potentially have a much improved squad next season without buying a single player. With White, Clarke, Molumby and possibly Tau/Mac Allister coming in to replace Balogun, Duffy, Locadia, Ali J and Andone. Not to mention a fit again Izquierdo.

.....to replace Balogun, Duffy, Locadia, Ali J and Andone........and Dunk (will he get that big move to a top 6 club)?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Possibly "injured" rather than injured.

I've a feeling the January window can't come soon enough for the Board where Duffy is concerned, I hope I'm wrong but I fear they're looking to offload?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've a feeling the January window can't come soon enough for the Board where Duffy is concerned, I hope I'm wrong but I fear they're looking to offload?

Difficult one though... Where does he go? He is good enough for the Premier League so depending on where we are in the table how happy are we to off-load a good defender to a potential relegation rival.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't see it myself.

We're one injury away from dropping yet more unnecessary points.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Difficult one though... Where does he go? He is good enough for the Premier League so depending on where we are in the table how happy are we to off-load a good defender to a potential relegation rival.

True, but it depends also on whether he can keep his focus and maintain a first team place .... perhaps he needs a "new challenge".

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I can't see it myself.

We're one injury away from dropping yet more unnecessary points.

.... and Dunk close to the 5 bookings? I'm not saying they necessarily want to, maybe they need to.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I'd genuinely forgot about Izquierdo. What's his latest status?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I just don't see Duffy going until the summer. Suspensions will happen, injuries will happen, we need him and he is a bloody good player after all.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd genuinely forgot about Izquierdo. What's his latest status?

Think he has just started 'running outside' whatever that means. Probably end Nov - early Dec if he can get some U23 games in ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are rumoured to want to onload Ben Davies from Preston in January - I assumed Balogun was OFF, but it maybe Duffy leaving instead / as well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not forgetting gyorkeres and ostigard too
I read that Ostigard wasn't sure of his future at albion recently. Maybe it was lost in translation, although it mentioned that whether or not we stay up as being a factor in what happens.

at15155

Jan 5, 2017
For me we need to look to progress if we stay up this year. Potter was given this squad, threw in a few additions but he's going to want a new squad that he can rely on (no players like Andone or Locadia). We have a lot of players and then a lot more out on loan so this is my ideal window NEXT SUMMER:

Out (12):
Balogun - free.
Schelotto - free.
Bong - free.
Murray - Retirement :(
Duffy - £15m anywhere but rivals.
Propper - £20m Ajax interested last summer and contract expires in 2021.
Knockaert - £10m Fulham, all but gone.
Andone - £8m finished here.
Locadia - £8m ditto.
Walton - £5m no future here unfortunately, won't surpass Ryan and needs to go out for growth, maybe another loan.
Izquierdo - £10m No Trossard, injury prone, haven't really had him for 18 months.
Jahanbakhsh - £10m doesn't even make the bench.

In (7):
White - free
Clarke - free
Mac Allister - free
Tau - free
Mooy - £10m
A new CM, Sander Berge? - £20m
A new RB, Reece James? - £15m

Last two unrealistic. But this would be progress, huge income freeing up wages and getting rid of current dead weight, replacing with young hungry and some English talent.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
A new RB, Reece James? - £15m

Reece James, the England u21 call-up who's played for Chelsea in the Premier League and Champions League this season?

£15M?

669.gif

at15155

Jan 5, 2017
Reece James, the England u21 call-up who's played for Chelsea in the Premier League and Champions League this season?

£15M?

Only on the basis that we had £10m reject in the summer due to their transfer ban. Maybe without Lamps there it would be possible.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I just don't see Duffy going until the summer. Suspensions will happen, injuries will happen, we need him and he is a bloody good player after all.

Don't disagree with you in terms of the player and his ability, but I think the fear his influence on the dressing room?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here