Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Selling players next year.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Knockaert - free. Everyone else half price.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes.

On July 23 Brian Owen reported that the "..eight-figure sum.." Fulham will pay would "very significantly eclipse" the "£9 million" fee Leicester paid for Ulloa.

Surely any "eight figure sum" would eclipse £9,000,000 simply by dint of having eight numbers?

Of course it would.

Perhaps I should have made it clearer that the "very significantly eclipse" phrase the Argus reported was verbatim from THEIR source, rather than just the wording of the Argus' own report - Anthony Knockaert can still provide one last spectacular contribution for Albion

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What’re they smoking down there at Arsenal? In that case, I’m setting his fee at £120m plus Aubamayeng.

Just googled it and yes 100m was quoted at one point. Makes you wonder if they would approach us in January and if so what would they be prepared to pay. They were tracking him for a long time before he came to us. At one point £22m was quoted but I think their interest had ceased at this point and we stepped in with £18m. :clap:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
£25m+ and replaced in the squad by £30m+ rated Ben White................who cost nothing.

Can't see us getting £25m for Duffy's contract. Not if he's not being playing regularly.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would Leeds be interested in Duffy when White comes back, if so they would pay well for him.

To solve Spurs leaky defence, Duffy in swap deal for Vertongen, would suit all parties.

A double swap with Ben Davies for Montoya could be good for us too.

But I wouldn’t touch Aurier with a barge pole, he’s a liability, every game.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I am reading this thread and thinking WTF. Remember when Trevor Francis went from Birmingham to Forest for 1m now we are talking 80+ for someone like Trossard. I guess the TV rights have brought in hyper inflation. Just wondering if La Liga and Serie A pay anything like these sums outside of Barca, R and A Madrid and Juventus and AC Milan of course. Just checked and they don't, I guess we are now seen as a cash cow for other teams.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am reading this thread and thinking WTF. Remember when Trevor Francis went from Birmingham to Forest for 1m now we are talking 80+ for someone like Trossard. I guess the TV rights have brought in hyper inflation. Just wondering if La Liga and Serie A pay anything like these sums outside of Barca, R and A Madrid and Juventus and AC Milan of course. Just checked and they don't, I guess we are now seen as a cash cow for other teams.

It’s really escalated over the last three years, these sums have filtered down. Who would’ve thought three years ago that incredible footballers like Maguire would be worth as much as £80m?

60F537E1-02A7-43DE-A262-EB1ED884D430.png

Will Dunk be the first £100m defender? Hi Lewis if you’re looking in on NSC for your weekly ego boost.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If, or when as it’s looking more likely, Duffy goes, I really hope Celtic find the money from somewhere or we just do a long term loan with them just paying a small loan fee and the wages or something.

That would be a dream move for him and I really don’t want to see him playing for another Premier League team.

Someone previously mentioned Southampton, for him which whilst being a great move for the scum, I don’t think I could cope with seeing!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Locadia - £5M+add ons (Not a top club player so looking at mid-lower in a top division somewhere)
Ali J - Be surprised if we can get £8M (Really not sure where he goes from here. Back to Dutch leagues but can't imagine we'll get loads for him)
Andone - £3M (Player wants away + we did not pay much for him)
Knockaert - £7.5M (28 year old with 1 year left on contract)

What we paid for Andone is irrelevant, we were lucky his club were relegated and so took advantage of a release clause. Yes he's a head mental and wants away, but he is a 26 year old current International with PL and La Liga experience, under contract here till 2023. Given what we paid for complete duffers like Locadia and Ali J, I would expect nothing less than £14m for him.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dont think much reality being applied on here. Unfortunately we have purchased some utter dogs and think If we get anywhere close to half what we paid for Locadia, AJ, and Andone we'll have robbed the bank. They are all on prem wages which is going to put off most European clubs, and all have shown they cant compete at a really decent level or have the mental discipline either.

Could see Duffy going to a Norwich or top champ side for £10-15m at end of season to clear the path for White.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Out - Balogun, Bong, Schelotto, Murray? all on a free.

In - Mac Allister, and Tau already paid for. White back from loan. Alzate will count as an over 21 player and need to be named in the squad.

Locadia, Andone, Knockaert and Alireza almost certainly gone for cash.

Pretty certain Mooy will sign.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
If, or when as it’s looking more likely, Duffy goes, I really hope Celtic find the money from somewhere or we just do a long term loan with them just paying a small loan fee and the wages or something.

That would be a dream move for him and I really don’t want to see him playing for another Premier League team.

Someone previously mentioned Southampton, for him which whilst being a great move for the scum, I don’t think I could cope with seeing!

Could see him going back to Everton, especially with his past connections there. They certainly look like they could do with something a bit more solid and consistent at the back.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think I am right in saying Arsenal were interested in Trossard a long time before us. At the time a £100m price tag was slapped on him and they lost interest.

Talking of £100m price tags, earlier in the season Rodney Marsh said that Everton's Kean (not to be confused with foot-stamper Keane) would be worth £100m within three years. I know it's early days, but I can't say I've seen much that would back up that prediction...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here