Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sell to buy

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nice try, but the rate on the 1st May when you started this thread, was 1.36. It's now 1.40. A difference on £1m of £21k

I wont argue as you know everything but I would suggest that it was nearer 1.33 or 34. When we first tried to buy him in January it was considerably less.

I will accept that it appears my info was either wrong or in accordance with the impression the club gave to keep prices from being raised because TB is rich.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wont argue as you know everything but I would suggest that it was nearer 1.33 or 34. When we first tried to buy him in January it was considerably less.

Blimey BG, you ARE arguing. Frankly you'd argue that black was white.

There's no need to 'suggest' what historical rates were - you can check them very easily in 100 places.
Feel free to check them though, as my figures are from memory (my job depends on knowing both the Euro and Swiss franc rates). The Euro rate did climb through May (from c1.35 to 1.40) but no sudden or drastic hikes. You are absolutely right that it was lower in January, though. Again, not hugely though. Would have been about 1.33 at the end of the transfer window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey BG, you ARE arguing. Frankly you'd argue that black was white.

There's no need to 'suggest' what historical rates were - you can check them very easily in 100 places.
Feel free to check them though, as my figures are from memory (my job depends on knowing both the Euro and Swiss franc rates). The Euro rate did climb through May (from c1.35 to 1.40) but no sudden or drastic hikes. You are absolutely right that it was lower in January, though. Again, not hugely though. Would have been about 1.33 at the end of the transfer window.

Did I not say 1.33 or 1.34 in January:yawn:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's not forget that, in addition to the 2 signings made, we've also had a £1.5m bid accepted for another player - one that plays in a different position - that would have been completed last week if the player had accepted our terms.
Two signings made - good progress. And we've off-loaded a lot - Kemy, CMS and co. But this is only part of a jigsaw - CH will be trying to build a team, and if that means selling one or two there's no reason not to, so long as they're replaced with someone better. I'm sure there's a lot more business to be done before the transfer window closes - and like the whole of NSC, I have absolutely co friggin' idea what that will be!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
i think that a lot of loans will also be done by the club

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The transfer window hasnt opened yet and we have got shot of some high earners and mercenaries.so dont jump the gun.
WTF are you talking about? You said we had to sell 2 or 3 in order to buy 1. You were wrong. Can you see that?

What high earners and mercenaries have we got rid of since you started this thread (ie, anyone that hadn't previously been announced)?

We have spent on those 2 a very small % pf what we have received during the last 12 months for players.
That's why the rest of us said your post was BG, as it was obvious we didn't need to sell 2 or 3 to buy 1.

But then I would expect you to try to pick holes in a suggested rumour, not fact made some weeks ago.
Of course I'm going to pick holes in the shit you post. Stop posting shit and I'll stop picking holes in it.
The situation as regards the euro etc has unexpectedly changed drastically in the last few weeks making buys from Europe cheaper.
:lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Did I not say 1.33 or 1.34 in January:yawn:

Err, no. No, you didn't. You said that it was nearer 1.33 (in May), and 'considerably less' in January.

1.33 is not 'considerably less' than erm, 1.33.

Anything else?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, Sell to Buy, I thought this was some new crap Tory policy I could slag off. Football, boring.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was suggested to me yesterday that we have to sell 2 or 3 players before we can but any
So what's the latest on ins and outs since this piece of wisdom? :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rather than going me through the 12 or so pages - did BG actually say who 'told him' this information? He seems to hear far more than anyone else in here yet never seems to say who from..?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So what's the latest on ins and outs since this piece of wisdom? :)

I make it a total of 7 in (as well as bids for other players made) and none out, apart from 2 DS players on loan. All the while we've been able to knock back bids of £5m for a defender. I think BG may have been mis-informed.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I make it a total of 7 in (as well as bids for other players made) and none out, apart from 2 DS players on loan. All the while we've been able to knock back bids of £5m for a defender. I think BG may have been mis-informed.

We did lose the players out of contract and loanee's so the saving's there have helped

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rather than going me through the 12 or so pages - did BG actually say who 'told him' this information? He seems to hear far more than anyone else in here yet never seems to say who from..?
Or be right.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Every nugget of information is from football rumours.com

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
8 in

Rosenior
Hemed
Bong
Hambo
Harper
Maenpaa
Zamora
Hunemeier

None SOLD in advance to fund any of the above, so it looks like BG was fished in by the JOKER who told him...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
8 in

Rosenior
Hemed
Bong
Hambo
Harper
Maenpaa
Zamora
Hunemeier

None SOLD in advance to fund any of the above, so it looks like BG was fished in by the joker who told him...

How on earth could I have forgotten about Zamora in my mental adding up!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We did lose the players out of contract and loanee's so the saving's there have helped
That was all known before this thread, so this thread was about selling the players we kept on our books. We had to sell 2 or 3, to bring just 1 in. And we've brought 8 in (ok, that includes the odd development player), and sold none :lol: That's a new world record on how wrong one man can be in one sentence.

8 in

Rosenior
Hemed
Bong
Hambo
Harper
Maenpaa
Zamora
Hunemeier

None SOLD in advance to fund any of the above, so it looks like BG was fished in by the JOKER who told him...
Thanks.

How on earth could I have forgotten about Zamora in my mental adding up!
To be fair to you (I'm clearly in a good mood, because by all rights you should be shot) there were a lot of signings for you to get through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here