Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sell off the BBC

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
What an arrogant, condescending, sneering so and so. It's exactly because of people like you and your attitudes that the BREXIT vote was won, despite the extreme bias of The BBC. It is tragic that The BBC has become The Guardian of the airwaves as for so long it was held in such respect. Now, millions feel it is taxation without representation when The BBC, paid by licence fee, trots out its propaganda. It is also grossly unfair that some of the poorest in our society must pay for an organ that despises them so openly. Rant all you like; the days of the leftist/liberal establishment are numbered. It is time for the decent man in the street to be heard.

Go and live abroad for a while and you will soon appreciate how good the BBC is. I happily pay the fee so as not to be bombarded with non-stop mind-numbing advertising on TV and radio. The daft thing is that J.Corbyn supporters also consider the BBC to be biased against him, and I totally agree with the poster who said that whatever your political viewpoint the job of journalists is to challenge it, whether left or right. And just out of interest what does "the days of the leftist/liberal establishment are numbered" actually mean? Is anyone who doesn't get their information from the Sun/Express/Mail/Times to be rounded-up and shot?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've often thought the best way to protect the BBC is to refund a month's licence free to everyone, but simultaneously take all BBC services off air / offline for a month. People don't realise how good they've got it

Last year the BBC did research that found
"Two-thirds of viewers opposed to the licence fee changed their minds after just nine days without BBC services"
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015...nds-after-just-nine-days-without-bbc-services

""Being without the BBC was absolutely dreadful, just awful," said one man involved in the 'deprivation study'. "I just didn’t realised how much we watched it...”

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Go and live abroad for a while and you will soon appreciate how good the BBC is. I happily pay the fee so as not to be bombarded with non-stop mind-numbing advertising on TV and radio. The daft thing is that J.Corbyn supporters also consider the BBC to be biased against him, and I totally agree with the poster who said that whatever your political viewpoint the job of journalists is to challenge it, whether left or right. And just out of interest what does "the days of the leftist/liberal establishment are numbered" actually mean? Is anyone who doesn't get their information from the Sun/Express/Mail/Times to be rounded-up and shot?

100%, lived in Oz for a number of years and the only thing of any quality was on the ABC and that was BBC content. Fair to say from Radio 4 to BBC Three is covers a very wide spectrum

As for the bias, they get criticised from all sides. I remember them getting blasted for not airing an appeal on Gaza a few years back, its called "balance"

With Murdoch now owning newspapers, talk radio and soon Sky (the government are weak and will do nothing), there has never been a greater need to preserve the beeb

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
40p a day, FFS!

The Sun costs 40p.
Basic Sky TV package costs 70p a day
The Telegraph costs £1.60
The Grauniad costs £1.60
The Daily Mail costs 65p

You decide which is better value.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Eurosport Player at just over 5p a day :thumbsup:

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
In the current climate of fake news and 'alternative facts' I think we need the BBC more than ever. As most posters above agree, this petition's assertion (as fact) that the BBC is politically biased is purely opinion and not one I would agree with.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If the BBC is sold of does that mean adverts oh no my wife will tell me to make a cup of tea. On a serious note I like watching Films without loads of breaks for adverts, when I record items with adverts I just fast forward through the adverts.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Eurosport Player at just over 5p a day :thumbsup:

Agreed. Great value compared to the editors and proprietors of those media outlets gagging for the BBC to be sold.

However, I'd add...

iPlayer
BBC 1
BBC 2
BBC 3 online
BBC 4
Radio 1
Radio 1 Extra
Radio 2
Radio 3
Radio 4
Radio 5 Live
Radio 5 Live Extra
Radio 6
BBC Local Radio
BBC World Service
BBC News Channel
BBC Parliament
BBC Alba
CBeebies

I'm sure I've missed loads of others too.

Just taking those 17 channels divided by 40p that's 2.3p a day!

2.3p a day FFS!!!

The_NitramJohn

Feb 18, 2012
One sign of that most patronising, brain numbing & capitalist Bullshit - The Advert, on the BBC & I turn off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Agreed. Great value compared to the editors and proprietors of those media outlets gagging for the BBC to be sold.

However, I'd add...

iPlayer
BBC 1
BBC 2
BBC 3 online
BBC 4
Radio 1
Radio 1 Extra
Radio 2
Radio 3
Radio 4
Radio 5 Live
Radio 5 Live Extra
Radio 6
BBC Local Radio
BBC World Service
BBC News Channel
BBC Parliament
BBC Alba
CBeebies

2.3p a day FFS!!!

100% with you.

As I've always stated, the radio alone is worth the licence fee to me, even though technically we don't pay for radio.

I was just being mischievous re: Eurosport player.
It's the only subscription tv I've ever had, mainly because I feel it's great value for a seasons worth of cycling at that price.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

However, I'd add...

iPlayer
BBC 1
BBC 2
BBC 3 online
BBC 4
Radio 1
Radio 1 Extra
Radio 2
Radio 3
Radio 4
Radio 5 Live
Radio 5 Live Extra
Radio 6
BBC Local Radio
BBC World Service
BBC News Channel
BBC Parliament
BBC Alba
CBeebies

2.3p a day FFS!!!

For that one alone due to the BHA coverage I am converted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here