Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sell Dunk in January

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
He's been the weak link this season. He is simply not good enough for a team chasing promotion. Greer and Uwe is our best partnership. If fit, they both must start.

If we can still get £5m for Dunk then we would be stupid not to take it. The signing of Uwe has shown that we can sign better for much less.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think there's an exact correlation between how well LD is playing and the size of the stooopid mistake.

The better his form is, the greater the mistake.

If he's a little under par, the mistakes are also low level.

Not forgetting that Dunk is also covering Calderon, who isn't even our second choice left back. Uwe will be in on Saturday which will be tough as we have Calde versus Downing.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Welcome to the kneejerk thread.

I hardly think you can call their statements knee jerk when it's about the
5/6th time at least over the last few seasons he has done this.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Steve Cook was in the Premier League team of the week I see this past week for Bournemouth.

Dunk is as good, surely? If Cook can develop to that level, so can Dunk.

Give him time, he's not the weakest player in our squad. Plus if we do go up we'll need some club developed players in the squad to fill the quotas!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Dunk is still our best centre half, I would play him every week.

Really dont think he is playing anywhere near as badly as some are making out.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Welcome to the kneejerk thread.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do you really think this is possible? It seems utterly bizarre to me that a player would do that. The only incident I can remember of this nature was when Steve Foster tried to get sent off against Notts County in '83 so that he wouldn't miss the cup final, but the ref wouldn't book him for deliberately catching the ball.

I don't think that my original comment is an uncommon occurence. I have known it to happen before. However, I am withdrawing my original post because I asked someone this morning if they thought that was the case and they said ABSOLUTELY NOT

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Dunk made a stupid mistake last night. But he'd defended well prior to that though and neither of their goals could directly be contributed to him...

Greer on the other hand...

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The 2nd could and probably would have been prevented if he hd still been on the pitch

Based on the notion that Bruno would've been inspired to defend properly from their corner?

Had our captain defended properly for their first (and not dived in in the box at the weekend) then Dunk probably wouldn't have felt so under pressure to win the ball when we were under the cosh, and in terms of the last two games we'd probably be 4 points better off overall. But let's overlook this.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
From the film that I saw , his first booking looked a tad harsh since their man seemed to run into him... No excuse for the second though, you would think that a pro would know to be careful in that situation .

We call him young but he is 24 with over 100 games under his belt..will he get better?

I have said all along that we should have taken the silly money that (reportedly) Fulham offered . At least we have Uwe who has not let us down. One thing, if we aspire the Prem. our current 2 centre backs are not up to it....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What most people seem to have overlooked is the fact that the 2nd yellow came asa result of LDs poor control of the ball that ran 5 yds in front of him instead of to his feet. Had he controlled it properly a big boot upfield would have been easy.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Based on the notion that Bruno would've been inspired to defend properly from their corner?

Had our captain defended properly for their first (and not dived in in the box at the weekend) then Dunk probably wouldn't have felt so under pressure to win the ball when we were under the cosh, and in terms of the last two games we'd probably be 4 points better off overall. But let's overlook this.

If you had an extra man, defending that corner last night, where would you put him? Personally I'd be putting him in front of the danger man, Austin. So yes, it would have been prevented.

I think you are being very harsh on Greer, who has been our best defender this season. The ball fell very nicely for Austin, that ball could of gone anywhere. Austin finished very well. Not many strikers score that.

Your final point is just laughable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you had an extra man, defending that corner last night, where would you put him? Personally I'd be putting him in front of the danger man, Austin. So yes, it would have been prevented.

I think you are being very harsh on Greer, who has been our best defender this season. The ball fell very nicely for Austin, that ball could of gone anywhere. Austin finished very well. Not many strikers score that.

Your final point is just laughable.

Exactly Austin would have been Dunks man at a corner not Bruno some 3 ins shorter than the best striker in the division.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What most people seem to have overlooked is the fact that the 2nd yellow came asa result of LDs poor control of the ball that ran 5 yds in front of him instead of to his feet. Had he controlled it properly a big boot upfield would have been easy.

Quite.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From the film that I saw , his first booking looked a tad harsh since their man seemed to run into him... No excuse for the second though, you would think that a pro would know to be careful in that situation .

We call him young but he is 24 with over 100 games under his belt..will he get better?

I have said all along that we should have taken the silly money that (reportedly) Fulham offered . At least we have Uwe who has not let us down. One thing, if we aspire the Prem. our current 2 centre backs are not up to it....

Short term memory loss. Uwe had to be substituted at Ipswich because he already had a yellow and was in danger of getting sent off. Dunk came on at half time. Uwe could also have conceded a penalty against Bristol but the ref felt that Freeman had dived even though there was contact.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

I think we need to cherish and celebrate someone who's only made five or six mistakes over the past few seasons. That sounds like an excellent return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here