Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selfish Pr**ks

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
:shrug:

It might have been some bat-eating pangolin or it might have been the big ****ing coronavirus lab in Wuhan.

I know what is most likely.

Actually don’t you don’t. All previous pandemics of this nature came from animal to human transmission. Spanish Flu being from birds, swine flu being from pigs, SARS 1 from mammals and MERS from Camels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Before commenting…some personal facts

I’m double jabbed, had my booster on 23rd but got a positive result on Christmas bloody day, despite being really careful in the run up as I really wanted to see my family this year.

I’m pretty ill, but not as bad as flu.

I’m asthmatic and last time I got covid (in the first month of the pandemic) it got pretty scary, this time I haven’t even reached for the inhaler (thanks vaccine and probably some natural immunity thrown in as well).

My Wife works in the NHS in a pretty senior planning role.

Now the original thrust of this topic was that selfish so and so’s who refuse vaccination are taking up beds and stressing the system that also needs to care for cancer patients etc. and causing tighter restrictions on the rest of us. In my opinion, and based on the data I’ve seen, this isn’t true. Don’t get me wrong, I think anti-vaccination nutters are the worst, but right now they are not the problem.

I can assure you that the biggest threat to NHS services is the utter shambles of our government and PM.

When he announced that everyone would be offered a booster by end of Jan…he did not consult the NHS…I repeat he did not tell them he was going to say it!

As a result, the next day all but 4 essential services were shelved in my other half’s particular field of operation. She had a constant stream of calls from broken, exhausted and usually crying colleagues who had just been told that the system had to match its best ever vaccination day, every day, including Xmas day, until the end of Jan.

As much as I encourage everyone to get vaccinated…as much as I deride the conspiracy theorists…covid is not currently overwhelming the NHS in terms of services, only in terms of hitting the governments target.

Boris and his ‘dead cat’ tactic to turn attention away from all the Downing Street Xmas parties and corrupt covid contracts is the real problem. Look up the dead cat thing. He has written about it publicly as a method for diverting attention to on away from scandal.

If he had consulted the system, several major areas of operation could quite happily continue along side a booster programme. But then we would all still be talking about his cheese and wine parties, sorry, I meant government meetings.

I’m a centrist, not a leftist or righty but my got Boris has a lot to answer for.

The end.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Before commenting…some personal facts

I’m double jabbed, had my booster on 23rd but got a positive result on Christmas bloody day, despite being really careful in the run up as I really wanted to see my family this year.

I’m pretty ill, but not as bad as flu.

I’m asthmatic and last time I got covid (in the first month of the pandemic) it got pretty scary, this time I haven’t even reached for the inhaler (thanks vaccine and probably some natural immunity thrown in as well).

My Wife works in the NHS in a pretty senior planning role.

Now the original thrust of this topic was that selfish so and so’s who refuse vaccination are taking up beds and stressing the system that also needs to care for cancer patients etc. and causing tighter restrictions on the rest of us. In my opinion, and based on the data I’ve seen, this isn’t true. Don’t get me wrong, I think anti-vaccination nutters are the worst, but right now they are not the problem.

I can assure you that the biggest threat to NHS services is the utter shambles of our government and PM.

When he announced that everyone would be offered a booster by end of Jan…he did not consult the NHS…I repeat he did not tell them he was going to say it!

As a result, the next day all but 4 essential services were shelved in my other half’s particular field of operation. She had a constant stream of calls from broken, exhausted and usually crying colleagues who had just been told that the system had to match its best ever vaccination day, every day, including Xmas day, until the end of Jan.

As much as I encourage everyone to get vaccinated…as much as I deride the conspiracy theorists…covid is not currently overwhelming the NHS in terms of services, only in terms of hitting the governments target.

Boris and his ‘dead cat’ tactic to turn attention away from all the Downing Street Xmas parties and corrupt covid contracts is the real problem. Look up the dead cat thing. He has written about it publicly as a method for diverting attention to on away from scandal.

If he had consulted the system, several major areas of operation could quite happily continue along side a booster programme. But then we would all still be talking about his cheese and wine parties, sorry, I meant government meetings.

I’m a centrist, not a leftist or righty but my got Boris has a lot to answer for.

The end.

All made ten times as hard because of morons who didn’t take up the vaccine when they should have.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seems that the unvaccinated are getting a personal visit shortly.

I hope it’s explained to them they will be the first to be locked down if they don’t take it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Pretty much everyone I know is vaccinated but let’s put some context into claims.

The OP is blatantly wrong, the statistics which are freely available show 37% are unvaccinated, but these numbers don’t make clear for what reason these people aren’t vaccinated, for example a lot of elderly people who are dying and unvaccinated are probably immunocompromised or can’t have the jab for other reasons, the average age of death is still 83.

I find threads like this bizarre, a few years ago we’d never have looked at an elderly person who refused a flu jab dying of pneumonia and said ‘serves them right’ some people have very warped minds.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pretty much everyone I know is vaccinated but let’s put some context into claims.

The OP is blatantly wrong, the statistics which are freely available show 37% are unvaccinated, but these numbers don’t make clear for what reason these people aren’t vaccinated, for example a lot of elderly people who are dying and unvaccinated are probably immunocompromised or can’t have the jab for other reasons, the average age of death is still 83.

I find threads like this bizarre, a few years ago we’d never have looked at an elderly person who refused a flu jab dying of pneumonia and said ‘serves them right’ some people have very warped minds.

The stats are completely wrong on this I agree.

Think there was a massive complaint over GMB over them quoting it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My daughter knows a lad, early 20s, no known health issues fully vaxxed and boosted but not breathing properly following his +ve test results. Hopefully he's come out the other end by now.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Being immunocompromised doesn't mean you can't have the Covid jabs - it's only "live" vaccines that are potentially dangerous, but these are not live. On the other hand, the boost to their immune system is less predictable, so they will need more boosters.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The simple facts of the matter are if you are vaccinated you are less likely to get Covid and if you do get it less likely to need treatment in hospital. Anyone who can get a vaccine who hasn't is frankly riding on the back of the coat tails of people who have got it because if everyone didn't get it we would still be in lockdown.

Go and do your bit.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
BBC reporting up to 90% of people in hospital with Covid are the unvaccinated. Makes my blood boil :rant:

This is true however it’s not an approach that will change the minds of those unvaccinated our boy his partner and two young children all currently have covid and none have been vaccinated despite my encouraging and later nagging to get it.

What approach might work any tips welcomed plus now they have covid will they still need vaccinating

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This is true however it’s not an approach that will change the minds of those unvaccinated our boy his partner and two young children all currently have covid and none have been vaccinated despite my encouraging and later nagging to get it.

What approach might work any tips welcomed plus now they have covid will they still need vaccinating

That is an unenviable position to be in. If your son and his partner are conspiracy theorists then it is unlikely anything you say or do is going to change their minds. Maybe raise the prospect of you having to bring up your grandkids if covid gets them.

Maybe try to get them to read the story Hugo posted above. A world champion kickboxer whose arrogance dictated that he didn't need no stinking vaccine to protect him from the worst effects of "the little virus". He was wrong. It killed him.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17149942/anti-vax-kickboxing-champ-frederic-sinistra-dead-covid/amp/

Really hope you find a way; it must be extremely worrying for you and other members of your family.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

First and foremost the numbers are not true.

My advice for you is to accept your sons decision.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
That is an unenviable position to be in. If your son and his partner are conspiracy theorists then it is unlikely anything you say or do is going to change their minds. Maybe raise the prospect of you having to bring up your grandkids if covid gets them.

Maybe try to get them to read the story Hugo posted above. A world champion kickboxer whose arrogance dictated that he didn't need no stinking vaccine to protect him from the worst effects of "the little virus". He was wrong. It killed him.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17149942/anti-vax-kickboxing-champ-frederic-sinistra-dead-covid/amp/

Really hope you find a way; it must be extremely worrying for you and other members of your family.

It is very worrying the really annoying thing is that they are both fairly bright in most things except this, I wanted to grill them to try and understand their reasons but Mrs Blue3 didn’t want to cause waves for fear that we might not be allowed to see the grandchildren

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Swann man are you an anti vaccinations and if so would you mind telling me why?

I'm anti as in I'm not taking it. I'm not going to go out on streets and protest against vaccines or moan at people making a different choice because people make different decisions based on djfferent formulas.

For me the reasons are:
1. Distrust against the establishment. If they one day want to inject something nasty into us, they wouldnt tell. If there was a lot of issues connected to these vaccines, they wouldnt tell.

2. Distrust against the solution. We need to live with this virus, not **** around with it. No virus ever killed mankind and if we do with this - nothing - like we've done with most viruses, things will be fine. We will co-exist with the virus in some kind of peace. Vaccinate ourselves to the point that only "remarkable" strains can really get a foothold and spread? No one knows the consequences of that. We need to adapt naturally. When civilisations in the Amazon jungles etc were first contacted, usually 50% of their population died from infections we carried without even noticing. We're like bats or mice or cockroaches, very adaptable and resilient.

3. It would be like approving a "solution" that makes my (hypothetical) kids and (even more hypophetical) grandkids live in permanent austerity due to the spending on this. Could of course be solved through defaulting debt but that will not happen as the long term goal of the financial power is the bankruptcy of all states. I'd like to postpone that day however.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I'm anti as in I'm not taking it. I'm not going to go out on streets and protest against vaccines or moan at people making a different choice because people make different decisions based on djfferent formulas.

For me the reasons are:
1. Distrust against the establishment. If they one day want to inject something nasty into us, they wouldnt tell. If there was a lot of issues connected to these vaccines, they wouldnt tell.

2. Distrust against the solution. We need to live with this virus, not **** around with it. No virus ever killed mankind and if we do with this - nothing - like we've done with most viruses, things will be fine. We will co-exist with the virus in some kind of peace. Vaccinate ourselves to the point that only "remarkable" strains can really get a foothold and spread? No one knows the consequences of that. We need to adapt naturally. When civilisations in the Amazon jungles etc were first contacted, usually 50% of their population died from infections we carried without even noticing. We're like bats or mice or cockroaches, very adaptable and resilient.

3. It would be like approving a "solution" that makes my (hypothetical) kids and (even more hypophetical) grandkids live in permanent austerity due to the spending on this. Could of course be solved through defaulting debt but that will not happen as the long term goal of the financial power is the bankruptcy of all states. I'd like to postpone that day however.

Thank you for your reply and as a pro vaccine supporter I think yours and my views are not so different.

1. I am also very distrustful of the Establishment along the lines of protecting those with wealth power and privilege at the expense of the masses but I find it hard to believe that 195 nations all with their own forms of government and health care plus independent university’s pharmaceutical companies virologists scientists have all entered into a world wide cabal.

2. I agree that ultimately humanity and the virus will need to coexist but remember the early variants were much more likely to result in hospitalisation, intensive care and death, far less so it appears with the latest variant supported by a better prepared health care and numbers of vaccinated people all of which means far less are very unwell needing hospital intensive care or dying, so maybe this is the moment to test herd immunity and appears our government might be thinking the same.

3. Here I am in complete agreement my distrust of the Establishment means we are loading unbelievable debts upon our real or hypothetical children and grandchildren, in my option Capitalism is going through its death throws with one disaster after another and the Establishment is trying to drag the inevitable out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here