Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Selfish Europa League hopes?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Does anyone have a particular personal hope for the Europa League draw? On one level I'd like a nice easy draw but on another, I'd love the excuse to visit certain places for personal reasons. I worked for a few years in Germany and Switzerland and have friends in both countries. In particular I'd love us to play Freiburg at some point. I was a season ticket holder at Freiburg when I lived near Zurich and would love an excuse to revisit. A beautiful old city on the edge of the Black Forest. Shame the old stadium has been replaced now but still, a great place to spend a few days. (Basel airport not too far, direct flights from LGW). I have a mate in Dusseldorf so Leverkusen would also be good. Anywhere in Switzerland would be great. I think Lugano are still in the competition. Beautiful location with a spectacular lake down in the Italian part of the country. Atalanta near Bergamo in Northern Italy is another ground I went to a few times, and another fantastic location. Pretty much anywhere in Spain would be welcome for a bit of late autumn/winter sunshine. Another part of me would like the excuse to visit some obscure places in Eastern Europe. Anyone else?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Azerbaijan please.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Roma and the only Glasgow team we could face in the group stage, Rangers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here