Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Third favourite now. They would have definitely enquired I’d say.

Kane would certainly be off if someone like potter went there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
Third favourite now. They would have definitely enquired I’d say.

Kane would certainly be off if someone like potter went there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot_20210430-212302_Twitter.jpg

Not sure how true this is ?

Always thought he might one day be Brighton manager as he has history in Sussex. (Had a stint at English club Southwick while studying at the University of Sussex).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Completely irrelevant when a mature evaluation of what he is achieving in view of the long term sustainable strategy the club is investing in.

Interesting that winning matches may be irrelevant to our long term strategy. But hey, I'm just a Brighton fan, I know nothing.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Completely irrelevant when a mature evaluation of what he is achieving in view of the long term sustainable strategy the club is investing in.

We must be the only team in history where winning home games doesn't matter. Especially as Tony Bloom said in our latest account that our Primary objective is to stay in the Premier League. Joined up thinking or what. I think Potter will stay, Like people have said, I think Bloom likes him and just like Hyppia the stats say he is doing everything right, so the way Bloom thinks, results will come.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Interesting that winning matches may be irrelevant to our long term strategy. But hey, I'm just a Brighton fan, I know nothing.

Like I said a mature understanding is required. Sure if there were no improvements in our play, no improvements in our young players, games lost while desperately hanging on for a draw, then I would agree. But this is not the case is it. We may be losing games but there has been massive improvement in our play, the cheap (by PL standards) signings are doing a great job, the two old has beens are finding a new lease on their football life and the team is playing excellent football. The wins will come. Or you could just park the bus and hope to hang on for a another season or two, or bankrupt the club with massive signings because you dont understand the need for gradual, sustainable progress and instead want instant rewards. I for one will take the gradual progress that we are seeing. the wonderful football that shows the promise of a bright future, over a few wins any day. Sheffield had a blinder last season look at them now.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The long term strategy is dependent on being in the Premier League. Something Potter has come extremely close to surrendering.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Like I said a mature understanding is required. Sure if there were no improvements in our play, no improvements in our young players, games lost while desperately hanging on for a draw, then I would agree. But this is not the case is it. We may be losing games but there has been massive improvement in our play, the cheap (by PL standards) signings are doing a great job, the two old has beens are finding a new lease on their football life and the team is playing excellent football. The wins will come. Or you could just park the bus and hope to hang on for a another season or two, or bankrupt the club with massive signings because you dont understand the need for gradual, sustainable progress and instead want instant rewards. I for one will take the gradual progress that we are seeing. the wonderful football that shows the promise of a bright future, over a few wins any day. Sheffield had a blinder last season look at them now.

Not to mention the fact that Covid has largely decimated the home form of many teams. It doesn’t really need explaining why.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Five people on NSC? Three of them certified mentalists?

Let's not exaggerate the malcontent :shrug: :lolol:

I’d say it’s more than 5. Although those are probably the die hard Potter outs.

There are a lot of short term reactionists who rise up after a bad result but are suspiciously quiet if we win. If we draw or lose today I expect a few of these to pop up shouting for the managers head.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I’d say it’s more than 5. Although those are probably the die hard Potter outs.

There are a lot of short term reactionists who rise up after a bad result but are suspiciously quiet if we win. If we draw or lose today I expect a few of these to pop up shouting for the managers head.

If we draw or lose? I'd expect a few on here doing that before half time or even before we start. Wonder what the team selection will bring ..

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Agree.

It not the loses that have stumpped us, it the draws. We have lost the least amount of games from Leeds in 9th down. We have the same amount of loses as Arsenal and Villa. Ironically, we have drawn more then any of them.

Fine margins.

Jimmy Grimble

The long term strategy is dependent on being in the Premier League. Something Potter has come extremely close to surrendering.

Extremely close?

I’d hate to see your reaction if we were only a point above the relegation zone!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Extremely close?

I’d hate to see your reaction if we were only a point above the relegation zone!

The way things are going we’ll find out in a couple of weeks

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[emoji112]

Yep, well done. Expect us to improve next season though.

TBH I’m mostly surprised how seriously some people have taken what was a fairly obvious throwaway comment at the very start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here