Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Spurs will now be desperate to make a splash with a ‘name’

Enter Pirlo….. great legacy as a player but did nothing this season with Juve.

Got classic Tottenham written all over it

I was kind of hoping that the reports of Pirlo to Everton might be true. I think they'd struggle next year if that happened.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What kind of deviant sits in a bowl of chard?

mmmm-chard.jpg

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Remember that not six months ago he was unemployable at this level and would only get a struggling Championship or lower foreign league job, according to many on here. Has he really improved that much? :lolol:

As devastating as it’d be when he does leave, it would be amusing seeing the mental gymnastics of the anti Potter brigade trying to explain away top 6 clubs being interested in this dunce of a manager.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to SSN, not keen on working with and bringing through younger players either.

Some of the spurs fans on twitter last night were suggesting that is Levy spinning the lack of money being made available to Conte and were blaming Levy. I suppose there will always be fans at any club who would rather buy tried and tested stars than have the patience to bring through inexperienced youngsters who could become the new stars.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Some of the spurs fans on twitter last night were suggesting that is Levy spinning the lack of money being made available to Conte and were blaming Levy. I suppose there will always be fans at any club who would rather buy tried and tested stars than have the patience to bring through inexperienced youngsters who could become the new stars.

Jordan was banging on about this the other day on TalkShite. He's very much of the opinion that all these "Top" managers are bailing out because without the funds to buy ready-made stars they'd have to improve existing players which is a very different skillset. Mind you, with most clubs having to reduce/manage debt - a few egos will end up getting very bruised.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Remember that not six months ago he was unemployable at this level and would only get a struggling Championship or lower foreign league job, according to many on here. Has he really improved that much? :lolol:

If you go by results alone, actually he hasn’t.

However, if you look at how we performed particularly towards the end of the season, we were impressive.

Either way, I think next season is quite an important one for GP and us as a club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

However, if you look at how we performed particularly towards the end of the season, we were impressive.

Either way, I think next season is quite an important one for GP and us as a club.

And no matter how many times the 'out' 'fence' or those like me the 'in with reservations' ists say that it won't stop the 'chosen few' firing off on everyone else if GPott does get himself (and the team) into wanted man status.
After all they've already started and GPott is clearly anything but.

God help them, in the very unlikely event, he's unemployed in 12 months time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And no matter how many times the 'out' 'fence' or those like me the 'in with reservations' ists say that it won't stop the 'chosen few' firing off on everyone else if GPott does get himself (and the team) into wanted man status.
After all they've already started and GPott is clearly anything but.

God help them, in the very unlikely event, he's unemployed in 12 months time.

I’m very much a ‘in’, but I was with CH and really don’t think chopping and changing managers regularly helps at all.

I’m sure TB will continue to support GP in 12 months time no matter what.

Obviously (Hyypia aside).....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Pfft, results are meaningless when it comes to judging Potter. Everyone* knows that.

*as long as they're one of the True Believers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pfft, results are meaningless when it comes to judging Potter. Everyone* knows that.

*as long as they're one of the True Believers

13 points clear of relegation would suggest we got the results and if you and your ilk had got your way I doubt we’d have seen our first point against Chelsea, a win at Liverpool and against City in a thriller. We might have beaten Sheffield United and WBA though :shrug:

Still a chance you’ll get your new manager if Spurs push hard enough though.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I’d be disappointed in Potter if he went to Spurs now. They’re in a mess, they weren’t interested in him when going for Conte, and they’re losing their best player so the next non-name manager will be replaced as soon as a big name comes along.
I just can’t see it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’d be disappointed in Potter if he went to Spurs now. They’re in a mess, they weren’t interested in him when going for Conte, and they’re losing their best player so the next non-name manager will be replaced as soon as a big name comes along.
I just can’t see it.

It's only being kept alive by those who need to write 'but I thought Potter wasn't even championship standard'.

Hopefully in 12 months time GPott will be the top of Arsenal, Utd, Spurs again, and Leicester's shopping list.
Not just an afterthought on Spurs'.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Why aren't they chasing the greatest coach in the world or is he happy at Mighty Leeds?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you were potter and someone like Tottenham, a great club came knocking, would you really turn it down?

I know we like to think that we only sack people and they never go on to anyone better than us, but seriously....Tottenham Hotspurs or Brighton and hove Albion..... If you have a modicum of ambition they are miles ahead in world brand than us.

He should be ambitious enough to snap levy’s hand off

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If you were potter and someone like Tottenham, a great club came knocking, would you really turn it down?

I know we like to think that we only sack people and they never go on to anyone better than us, but seriously....Tottenham Hotspurs or Brighton and hove Albion..... If you have a modicum of ambition they are miles ahead in world brand than us.

He should be ambitious enough to snap levy’s hand off

Or maybe he’s got integrity, signed a 6 year contract to buy into Tony’s vision and 5 year plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here