[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Mmmm I have horrible feeling about this now! Especially as a footballer friend of mine has just messaged me to say we will lose Potter to spurs if Martinez doesn't take it!! That's the word on the rounds from someone within, albeit only a rumour but a strong rumour if their is such a thing?

I don't think so. The one thing he has here over most other jobs is TIME. The average shelf life in the Prem is18 months. Levi has had double figure managers since taking over, many with a proven track record of being winners in various competitions, Potter has won nothing. He's not stupid so he will stay at BHA, take us to an 8-10th place finish and then in a few years will be headhunted for a top 6 job.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Potter 6/1 fav on Betfair as of now...

Potch's spursy performance in mucking up Ligue 1 with PSG might go against him

I keep looking at this thread hoping to see Potter is no longer on their radar. Be a massive hit to us (imo obviously) if he goes. I think we’d struggle to replace him and would have to reset, contrary to what some NSCers think he would be very hard ro replace imo.

I am seeing he is 4th favourite though

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The Spurs ‘Barber’ said the top target was in a job and they would have to pay substantial compensation to the said club. That rules out Nuno and Martinez & Poch very unlikely.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Spurs ‘Barber’ said the top target was in a job and they would have to pay substantial compensation to the said club. That rules out Nuno and Martinez & Poch very unlikely.

Martinez is Belgium manager and his contract runs until the 2022 W.C. Sure the Belgium FA would want compensation if he left before then.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mmmm I have horrible feeling about this now! Especially as a footballer friend of mine has just messaged me to say we will lose Potter to spurs if Martinez doesn't take it!! That's the word on the rounds from someone within, albeit only a rumour but a strong rumour if their is such a thing?

I’m confident it won’t be Martinez

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect that when we extended Potter's contract we put in a very high buy out clause. So maybe Potter is high on Spurs's list but having paid an alleged fortune to buy out Mourhinio's contract I expect Levy would prefer a cheaper option. Why not go for Nuno Santos. They'll be no buy out clause on him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
35817CEF-6A2E-4CDE-9513-A8EC4F6D5DF9.png

Skybet now.

If you seriously think he’s going to Spurs, lump on.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So Levy says: We want a young manager who plays attacking football and makes good use of the academy players, then rambles on about the Spurs DNA.

Their Andy Naylor: It’s someone who will take time and the first impression will be ok let’s see what he can do..

Anyone fancy a wild guess ???

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So Levy says: We want a young manager who plays attacking football and makes good use of the academy players, then rambles on about the Spurs DNA.

Their Andy Naylor: It’s someone who will take time and the first impression will be ok let’s see what he can do..

Surely can’t be that idiot Porter then? [emoji6]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Roberto Martinez

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports