Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Hiring a "big" name can mean Levy can blame manager if it goes wrong, like Mourinho.

Gambling with Potter (or other non-big name) and Levy gets blame if it goes wrong.

Conversely, if new big name succeeds, the manager gets the credit. If the gamble of a non-big name works then Levy gets the credit.....

Do you really think Levy gives a shit?

I wasn’t worried about them going for Potter until I read that Scott Parker is on their short list......now I’m terrified!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Brighton and hove independent seem to think so

He’s favourite with one bookie (Bet Victor), while most of the others still have Inzaghi as heavy favourite with Parker 2nd favourite.

The pricing on the Bet Victor market seems a little strange to me with Potter 5/1 favourite where as everyone else has Inzaghi at around 6/4 to 2/1.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s favourite with one bookie (Bet Victor), while most of the others still have Inzaghi as heavy favourite with Parker 2nd favourite.

The pricing on the Bet Victor market seems a little strange to me with Potter 5/1 favourite where as everyone else has Inzaghi at around 6/4 to 2/1.

Didn’t TB used to work for Victor Chandler? Maybe Victors being mischievous :wink:

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
Real echoes of Pochettino in Potter for Spurs, I imagine. They'd be silly not to consider him, if they want to start a similar medium-term project. Might be a very appealing job for Potter, although I think he'd benefit from at least another year before going to a so-called "top 6" club. The preferred option is for stay 2-3 years more at the Albion and make us a top 4-6 club then go to Barcelona!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Real echoes of Pochettino in Potter for Spurs, I imagine. They'd be silly not to consider him, if they want to start a similar medium-term project. Might be a very appealing job for Potter, although I think he'd benefit from at least another year before going to a so-called "top 6" club. The preferred option is for stay 2-3 years more at the Albion and make us a top 4-6 club then go to Barcelona!

I agree Spurs would do very well to appoint Potter.

However I don’t think him leaving is as a given as you think it is. In fact I don’t think he wants to leave us at the moment. Given recent speech and reactions he seems fairly intent on staying here, having an affinity with the club and wanting to see out the long term vision. He is not going to Spurs.

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
I don't think he'll leave next season either, let alone that it's a given? If he is offered it, or another job at a so-called "big club", I believe he'd think about it, rather than dismiss it out of hand. A real difference between it being rumoured in the media and an offer on the table. I reckon and hope he wants to stay next season, but many a variable to play out if the interest is real.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The season Pochettino left Southampton finished 7th in the league, Potter is simply not ready for another job like Spurs just yet he’s still very much learning and is far to loyal to certain players that let him down week after week. Being nice won’t make him a winner.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've seen the first stirrings of Everton fans calling for Potter to replace Ancelotti. Only a few so far but if Everton keep stumbling, I expect we'll see a few more fans joining in

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I've seen the first stirrings of Everton fans calling for Potter to replace Ancelotti. Only a few so far but if Everton keep stumbling, I expect we'll see a few more fans joining in

There’s going to be a lot of players on the manager merry go round this summer. Allegri who is the favourite for the Spurs job is holding off making a decision as it’s being reported that Real Madrid will likely need a new manager. Ancelotti is also another name being linked to taking over from Zidane..

It’s also highly likely that Southgate will leaves the England job, and its a certainty that many people will want Potter for that.

That our manager and players are being linked with big moves is a sign of how much we’ve progressed as a club, but it does wreck my nerves.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone that read the Mail’s double pager on Sunday, watched Potter’s end of season video review and understands emotional intelligence will understand Potter’s desire for learning, stability, loyalty, freedom to grow and express himself and his responsibilities to the club, players, his family and the wider community. He gets this with Bloom, the Albion and (most of) us.

I’d be very surprised if he goes.

SAC

May 21, 2014
There’s going to be a lot of players on the manager merry go round this summer. Allegri who is the favourite for the Spurs job is holding off making a decision as it’s being reported that Real Madrid will likely need a new manager. Ancelotti is also another name being linked to taking over from Zidane..

It’s also highly likely that Southgate will leaves the England job, and its a certainty that many people will want Potter for that.

That our manager and players are being linked with big moves is a sign of how much we’ve progressed as a club, but it does wreck my nerves.

England manager would make more sense than managing one of the so called big teams mainly because there are so few others in competition. If the FA go for and English manager, there aren't that many to pick from. Gerrard, Dyche, Boothroyd? Brendan Rodgers is from NI but has lived here more than there so possibly qualifies as English.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
England manager would make more sense than managing one of the so called big teams mainly because there are so few others in competition. If the FA go for and English manager, there aren't that many to pick from. Gerrard, Dyche, Boothroyd? Brendan Rodgers is from NI but has lived here more than there so possibly qualifies as English.

If you appoint Aidy Boothroyd as the next England coach it would kill me, I would never be able to stop laughing. Surely even... Sven would be a better option.

As for GP I dont think he is the national team kind of coach.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

The England job would certainly be a demotion in terms of pay.

FA are pretty strapped at the mo

No current manager is going to leave a PL club to manage England.

Next England manager will be someone out of work and someone more experienced than Potter

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would be very surprised if GP isn't our manager next season.

However, if he has a decent season this time round, we'll do very well to keep him for the one after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here