Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second test: England v New Zealand

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
337/7 if anyone is interested. Stumps

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good day foe England, unforgetable day for Root. I like the cut of the man's gib.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With FIGJAM on the way back, Root will move up to open, Compton will be rested and Bairstow will full the final middle order place

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
With FIGJAM on the way back, Root will move up to open, Compton will be rested and Bairstow will full the final middle order place

Shame Pietersen is coming back, I find watching England so much more enjoyable when he's not there.

Agree about Root opening. He and Cook could bat there for years and that has the potential to be one of our strongest opening partnerships of all time. Both massively talented players and Root also appears to have an old, calm head like Cook. Will probably swap the captaincy at some point in the future also.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The MASSIVE talent that is Kevin Pietersen won't put up with the small scale Test Arena much longer (I mean he hardly plays for Surrey who we all know are County GIANTS).

Would you want to have Steyn and Morkel trying to knock your block off when you can be firing sixes off a medium pacer in the IPL for the Peshwari Nans or whoever?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Compton doesn't open for Somerset I believe, while Root does open for Yorkshire. I don't understand why England have swapped them around
They haven't. Compton does open for Somerset

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Annoyingly good start from the Kiwi's 50 without loss

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Crikey. 55/1 when I went out down to 133/9 in about 3 hours. England surely must enforce the follow on.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
FFS England - at this rate they're going to avoid the follow on!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here