Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second test antigua;w indies v england

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Play abandoned for today

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Is it because it's friday, and the sun is out, but I guffawed loudly when the five live reporter said Strauss went off with his helmet in his hand.

...and I'm 45.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
trouble is theres f*** all they can do, putting the roller on it for 24hours wont do f*** all as you wont compact sand. Best thing is to dig it all up and replace with a mixture of sand & soil but that'll take weeks!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Sir Viv is not happy

...blimey, Sir Viv has been mouthing off on Test Match Special!

Wow...he is one deep bitter dude...no helped by the fact that they have named the ground after him!

Farce!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Strauss went off with his helmet in his hand.

:O

Total farce but should save us from almost inevitable defeat.

Have they knocked the old recreation ground down or can they move the match? Even an underprepared wicket would be better

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Absolute joke, surely the alarm bells must have been ringing when we were denied a session in the nets yesterday

Apparently the alarm bells were ringing in the commentary box, and nobody could turn them off.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
:O

Total farce but should save us from almost inevitable defeat.

Have they knocked the old recreation ground down or can they move the match? Even an underprepared wicket would be better

From Cricinfo:

10.49am This is a sensation. Hurst has said that they will look into all options, maybe even the relocation of the match to another venue ... conceivably the venerable ARG in St John's. "I'm not sure what those options are, maybe extending the time for the Test and looking at another venue, maybe back-to-back Tests in Barbados. But for today, this ground is unfit for play."

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Get and play the game....these fast bowlers are as precious as footballers!

How the hell did the match referee allow the game to start in the first place? Surely it's his job to flag this up and say its unplayable?

Incidentally, I wonder what odds you could have got at the bookies on England having all wickets in hand at the end of the day, and scoring at a rate of 4.2 an over?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The TMS discussion is well worth a listen....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just at the crucial take-off point for the fast bowlers...

Attachments

• Footprints in the sand.jpg
    Footprints in the sand.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 99

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Dangerous pitch? They should see some of the wickets I've played on around Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here