Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second Teams.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't 'support' a second team as such, but have always followed the fortunes of Staines Town in the Blue Square South (simply because that was where I was born, and cut my 'football watching' teeth so to speak), and also Montrose because a family member hails from there.

But as far as supporting a team in concerned, it always has been, and always will be the Albion.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Only believe you should only be allowed to support the team from either:
a) Where you were born ...OR...
b) Where you live (or lived)

Therefore "second" teams don't work for me. If you asked me which team I support other than Brighton... None. If, however, Barcelona play then I'd rather Barca won than their opposition and I come at the Premier League as "anyone but ManU". So I guess there is a hierarchy of who I'd rather win in any given game, but I'm really not that bothered for anyone other than Brighton.

I do scream from the touchline during Hangleton Rangers games but if she (daughter) played for someone else I'd be equally vocal about them.

Only believe you should only be allowed to support the team from either:
a) Where you were born ...OR...
b) Where you live (or lived)

Therefore "second" teams don't work for me. If you asked me which team I support other than Brighton... None. If, however, Barcelona play then I'd rather Barca won than their opposition and I come at the Premier League as "anyone but ManU". So I guess there is a hierarchy of who I'd rather win in any given game, but I'm really not that bothered for anyone other than Brighton.

I do scream from the touchline during Hangleton Rangers games but if she (daughter) played for someone else I'd be equally vocal about them.

That's 30 years of my life down the swanny then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here